• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yummy. Watch his short passes carefully - he does that “elite” level thing where the ball goes to the players stronger foot and they don’t have to break stride to play it
In that video he was brilliant but yeah didn’t impress me in the two games and trust the Dutch fan’s opinion on him. Clearly a second level option.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Seems like we need 4 top players for our front 3, especially in anticipation of getting a CL place next season.

Martinelli, Jesus, Saka plus one versatile top forward.

I think J. Felix could be like out Foden, a player who isn't the most rapid but in a possession based team will get enough touches to produce quality and get chances.

AmsterdamGunner

As an option to play instead of Xhaka or Ødegaard. Could even do Parteys job with some training, he's well rounded.
I think we can better pick up Taylor at Ajax, much bigger talent than Kudus. He’s a player like Sneijder was, good with both feet, creative, good pass and good vision. Still young but Van Gaal will probably take him with the Dutch team to the world cup.

AmsterdamGunner

Seems like we need 4 top players for our front 3, especially in anticipation of getting a CL place next season.

Martinelli, Jesus, Saka plus one versatile top forward.

I think J. Felix could be like out Foden, a player who isn't the most rapid but in a possession based team will get enough touches to produce quality and get chances.
Felix is way to expensive, i don’t think Arsenal will pay something like 100 million. Gakpo could be a good alternative for 30/40 million.

N@th@n

Ruben Neves. Prem proven and can play both Partey and Xhaka's role. I'm genuinely not sure if he's top quality and just needs a move to a bigger club or if he's a highlights player that can't cut it at a higher level but thats why I'm not a scout!

The Dream though is Rice and De Jong come in over the next year or so.

Rice/DeJong/Ødegaard is a midfield that can do everything but its completely unrealistic.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Ruben Neves. Prem proven and can play both Partey and Xhaka's role. I'm genuinely not sure if he's top quality and just needs a move to a bigger club or if he's a highlights player that can't cut it at a higher level but thats why I'm not a scout!

The Dream though is Rice and De Jong come in over the next year or so.

Rice/DeJong/Ødegaard is a midfield that can do everything but its completely unrealistic.

The sweetest dreams are, almost always, the impossible ones :lol:

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
(January)
M. Mudryk £35m
Danilo £20m

(Summer)
E. Ndicka free
Y. Tielemans free
D. Rice £80m
V. Osimhen £85m

Out:
Cedric free
Tavares £18m
Lokonga £15m
Elneny free
Nelson free
Nketiah £15m
Balogun £15m
Pepe £8m
Marquinhos loan

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
(January)
M. Mudryk £35m
Danilo £20m

(Summer)
E. Ndicka free
Y. Tielemans free
D. Rice £80m
V. Osimhen £85m

Out:
Cedric free
Tavares £18m
Lokonga £15m
Elneny free
Nelson free
Nketiah £15m
Balogun £15m
Pepe £8m
Marquinhos loan

Add Marcus Thuram to the list in the summer as he will also be free and this is perfect!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
(January)
M. Mudryk £35m
Danilo £20m

(Summer)
E. Ndicka free
Y. Tielemans free
D. Rice £80m
V. Osimhen £85m

Out:
Cedric free
Tavares £18m
Lokonga £15m
Elneny free
Nelson free
Nketiah £15m
Balogun £15m
Pepe £8m
Marquinhos loan

Replace Mudryk with Leao, and we are in business.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who are the most “coveted” young midfielders potentially available? Rice, Bellingham, De Jong etc. What are the chances of one of them

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Who are the most “coveted” young midfielders potentially available? Rice, Bellingham, De Jong etc. What are the chances of one of them

None.

The first two come at extortionist prices & the third, whilst attainable with CL football, would command wages given out to 2 former supetstars whose forms collapsed as soon as those contracts were signed. Also, Rice just reeks of a Chelsea move in the summer.

We'd be better served looking elsewhere .

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'd steer clear of players like Rice and Bellingham who are going to command huge transfer fees. History shows us that a very small percentage of them work out OK.

Coutinho, Felix, Dembele, Pogba, Griezmann, Lukaku, Hazard, Higuain, Maguire, Sancho, Grealish, Ronaldo (to Juventus) all amongst the top 20 transfer fees of all time have ranged from terrible to underwhelming at best.

Looking at the list you are probably only looking at Neymar, Mbappe, Bale, Ronaldo (to Madrid) and van Dijk who have lived up to the transfer fee. Even in that list Neymar hasn't delivered the Champions League PSG crave, hard to justify £200m for a few Ligue 1 wins and Bale was often a divisive figure with the Real fans and his time there ended badly.

Keep doing what we are doing, scout and recruit smartly with players who are on the verge of going up a level or top players like Jesus and Partey who offer value for money due to their contract situation.

Leave the risky transfers to the desperate clubs or the ones with more money than sense.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
(January)
M. Mudryk £35m
Danilo £20m

(Summer)
E. Ndicka free
Y. Tielemans free
D. Rice £80m
V. Osimhen £85m

Out:
Cedric free
Tavares £18m
Lokonga £15m
Elneny free
Nelson free
Nketiah £15m
Balogun £15m
Pepe £8m
Marquinhos loan
Add Tielemans, Danilo, Mudryk, and Rice and say goodbye to: At least one of Vieira and ESR, and all of Patino, Azeez, Lewis Skelly, and Nwaneri.

There's only scope for adding both an attacking wide player and a central midfielder if we are comfortable giving up on the career / selling one of Vieira and ESR, and if we are comfortable blocking Patino at the very least and realising that we are very much complicating the pathway / opening us up to them leaving for the latter three.

Of course if you add an attacking wide player and two central midfielders, you can just say goodbye to any pathway whatsoever for younger players or even younger not fully established players in the team (Vieira, ESR).

The reality is the best thing is going to be to sign a Thomas back-up who also has interesting qualities as a more defensive LAM. Dunno if that exists or if Danilo can be that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom