• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The good news for Eddie is that he probably has the longest leash out of all the players in our squad, probably because he's the kind of striker profile we haven't had on recent times. Auba was the closest thing, but Auba had a lot more on him even if nobody wanted to give him credit for that.

He can actually get by for a while doing the absolute minimum like shooting once on target, maybe for another year or so
I don’t think he can. He only started to get minutes after Auba left and Laca completely fell off. In January earlier this year no one here was saying we really should renew nketiah. We can’t lose him. No one really cared for him because he was not highly rated. And no one really care for him now because the team is doing well. But once we are not doing well he will be one of those mentioned that needs to be upgraded on

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Everyone knows Eddie needs to do more with the minutes he's getting. It was clear a week ago and it's clear this week. He has to earn his place and those who wanted to argue about it have suddenly disappeared.

You earn minutes you aren't gifted them. It's a shame his biggest fans aren't defending him like before. Strange. Very selective.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Tbf what he's saying doesn't apply exclusively to Arsenal players, it's English football in general...but slyly Arsenal more than average.
I do agree but I think some of those players were just not that good.

amigo

At the end of the day Eddie has been an integral part of a team that topped their Europa group. Scored two goals in six games. In the league he is yet to start. He hasn't been great in his last few Europa games he I am sure will admit . But two of the last three he was played left wing rather than main striker and the main striker Jesus did not score either The vilification is getting ridiculous.

Bucephalus

Everyone knows Eddie needs to do more with the minutes he's getting. It was clear a week ago and it's clear this week. He has to earn his place and those who wanted to argue about it have suddenly disappeared.

You earn minutes you aren't gifted them. It's a shame his biggest fans aren't defending him like before. Strange. Very selective.
Two decent shots on target against Zurich. Active, with pretty good hold up play. Jesus isn't exactly banging them in right now, either, while getting to play most of his minutes on the pitch with Partey, Xhaka, Ødegaard and Saka, instead of Sambi, Elneny, Viera, and Nelson. And as a more pure striker, Nketiah is much more dependent on service than Jesus. I wouldn't write Eddie off before he fails with our best build up play options.

amigo

I am a bit disappointed at his PL record from off the bench as you want a striker who can score from the bench as well, But the PL minutes have been sparse and most times he has come on we've been winning anyway which is a different game state and dynamic. I still believe he will come good - but to be honest, from some of the fans, "with friends like these who needs enemies".

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Two decent shots on target against Zurich. Active, with pretty good hold up play. Jesus isn't exactly banging them in right now, either, while getting to play most of his minutes on the pitch with Partey, Xhaka, Ødegaard and Saka, instead of Sambi, Elneny, Viera, and Nelson. And as a more pure striker, Nketiah is much more dependent on service than Jesus. I wouldn't write Eddie off before he fails with our best build up play options.
Not writing him off at all.

Just saying that until he starts doing something more in the EL and with the PL minutes he gets there will be no reason to play him more in the PL.

I'm merely here because I said a few weeks back Eddie needed to do more. People say he isn't playing with the perfect 11. But he's also not playing against Liverpool and Sp**s. He's playing against Zurich and Bodo. He should and needs to be doing more.

Tom349

Baffling Arteta doesn't trust him to come on .

Not sure he doesn't trust him just that Gabriel Jesus is our best player and is always going to be the first selected. As good as we have been we haven't killed games off early and it leads to having our best players staying on the pitch longer then ideally they should. From Artetas POV I understand the hesitancy to not make early subs when all it takes is an error at the back for teams to draw level and we have our best player/s on the bench. In this situation you want your best player on the pitch, less to with Eddie and everything to do with Jesus.

In the event Jesus gets an injury, I would expect Eddie to play every game he isn't available regardless of how he plays. In this situation I don't think Arteta could possibly show any more trust in Eddie.

D

Deleted member 102404

Agree.
I think Arteta does trust Eddie. He’s spoken about how good he is in training. He’s not going to translate that fully in the pitch with minutes here and there, but we know he’s performed well in the only period he was a regular starter (last couple of months of last season).
Don’t think it’s an easy job to find a better back up - and I don’t think Arteta even wants one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Said the exact same thing aswell, especially after the near heroes welcome he received. Surely should sway him. I hope more young players stop waiting for England.

Never happening mate, they would trade it all for 1 English call up lol. I see Hudson-Odoi also turned them down recently.

They all give up and join their African team in their mid/late twenties anyways lol. They should have played the world cup as you've done well to get 1 or 2 in your career, but it's their call.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Agree.
I think Arteta does trust Eddie. He’s spoken about how good he is in training. He’s not going to translate that fully in the pitch with minutes here and there, but we know he’s performed well in the only period he was a regular starter (last couple of months of last season).
Don’t think it’s an easy job to find a better back up - and I don’t think Arteta even wants one.
I think Arteta would like a different option upfront. A target man type...just to mix it up a bit.

Remember we stalked Vlahovic for best part of a month & before that were waiting to offload Laca before going for Tammy Abraham. Also apparently maintain an interest in DCL.

I think next season we will need 2 top quality strikers with UCL & Eddie ain't top quality I'm afraid. We will be back in market for another striker in the summer..

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Never happening mate, they would trade it all for 1 English call up lol. I see Hudson-Odoi also turned them down recently.

They all give up and join their African team in their mid/late twenties anyways lol. They should have played the world cup as you've done well to get 1 or 2 in your career, but it's their call.
Hudson Odoi already has caps for England tho. If that's the case, can he switch allegiance?

Or is it a case of if just a friendly, a player can.

Weird decision by Eddie but if he feels more English than Ghanaian, then 🤷🏼‍♂️

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hudson Odoi already has caps for England tho. If that's the case, can he switch allegiance?

Or is it a case of if just a friendly, a player can.

Weird decision by Eddie but if he feels more English than Ghanaian, then 🤷🏼‍♂️

I haven’t checked but I don’t think Callum has gotten a competitive cap yet making him still eligible for Ghana.

Latest posts

Top Bottom