• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mix

If we want to put in a strong challenge for the league Zaha ahead of this boy any day. Very few players hit the deck running, we don't have time to acclimatise a new player to a new club, culture, country etc when you're in a title fight.

Zaha knows this league inside out he will contribute to our challenge from day one. He has no resale value but he will be cheap. Just start negotiating for him to come in the summer on a free and watch the price plummet. They'll be lucky to get £10 million for him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we want to put in a strong challenge for the league Zaha ahead of this boy any day. Very few players hit the deck running, we don't have time to acclimatise a new player to a new club, culture, country etc when you're in a title fight.

Zaha knows this league inside out he will contribute to our challenge from day one. He has no resale value but he will be cheap. Just start negotiating for him to come in the summer on a free and watch the price plummet. They'll be lucky to get £10 million for him.
Arsenal management didn't panic last January, and waited for summer to get the targets they wanted. This season the aim is top 4, which looks like coming even with this team. Title is still very far fetched against City after 14 games. I doubt they will alter their transfer tactic because of it.

Zaha is worth a lot more for Palace for the last 24 games than 10 million. The price surely won't plummet.

DuBB

Can’t believe I’m about to say this but…

I can see where @GDeep™ is coming from about Leao’s technique. Something about his dribbling style bothers me. He knocks the ball too far out of his feet when dribbling. He might have the pace to pull it off in the prem. he might not. Elite in other aspects though.

I’ve been championing mudders, but if it’s the same price point then I’m a bit torn. Possibly towards Leao.

I watch quite a bit of Serie A, including several Milan matches.

You could make the most impressive 5 minute highlight reel of Leao's amazing moments.

You could also make a 5 minute reel of msicues and mishaps.

In fact, in the last match I watched (Milan/Fiorentina), the ball fell to Leao in the box and he skied it being sloppy, which is something he does often. He has great technique, but he's so casual with the ball that he makes a ton of mistakes, like the knocking the ball too far ahead thing you said.

The BT Sport commentator even said after the skying of the ball, something along the lines of "if you're new to Serie A and Rafa Leao, he's prone to moments like this and he lacks consistency"

I urge anyone who thinks we should pay over the odds for Leao to watch 2 full matches of his in a row in January.

You'll see why there's hype, but you'll also see enough to feel really iffy about a club like ours blowing their budget on him.

In my opinion (which isn't worth much lol) I'd let someone else take that gamble.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

You could make the most impressive 5 minute highlight reel of Leao's amazing moments.

In fact, in the last match I watched (Milan/Fiorentina), the ball fell to Leao in the box and he skied it being sloppy, which is something he does often. He has great technique, but he's so casual with the ball that he makes a ton of mistakes, like the knocking the ball too far ahead thing you said.

The BT Sport commentator even said after the skying of the ball, something along the lines of "if you're new to Serie A and Rafa Leao, he's prone to moments like this and he lacks consistency"

I urge anyone who thinks we should pay over the odds for Leao to watch 2 full matches of his in a row in January.

You'll see why there's hype, but you'll also see enough to feel really iffy about a club like ours blowing their budget on him.

In my opinion (which isn't worth much lol) I'd let someone else take that gamble.
Thanks. I’ve never seen a full game of Leao so much appreciated. Ngl I don’t like the sound of that one bit. Our percentages based style of play just doesn’t allow for brain farts.

drippin

The thing is, that we don't know how Mudryk would play in a top team in a top league. It's a total unknown, so it's a big gamble. Much bigger than Leao.

Leao is the same age as Diaby. From these I would certainly take Leao, that 18 cm height difference is a big deal when both are fast and technical enough players.

All young players can lack consistency which comes with experience and age. I take Leao over Mudryk every time, especially with these numbers mentioned.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

The thing is, that we don't know how Mudryk would play in a top team in a top league. It's a total unknown, so it's a big gamble. Much bigger than Leao.

Leao is the same age as Diaby. From these I would certainly take Leao, that 18 cm height difference is a big deal when both are fast and technical enough players.

All young players can lack consistency which comes with experience and age. I take Leao over Mudryk every time, especially with these numbers mentioned.
Idk. If you’re gonna gamble, go big. Go for the one with the higher ceiling (clearly mudryk imo).

If you’re not going to gamble, go for Zaha.

Either way, dunno about Leao.

drippin

Idk. If you’re gonna gamble, go big. Go for the one with the higher ceiling (clearly mudryk imo).

If you’re not going to gamble, go for Zaha.

Either way, dunno about Leao.
Leao is much lesser gamble.

Not so sure about that. You don't see this fast, technical enough, tall wingers often. He can become a true monster.

But it's not worth talking about much because Leao is wishlist stuff, much more than Mudryk or Diaby.

DuBB

My overall point isn’t really that Mudryk is better than Leao or vice versa. It’s more that they’d both be gambles for their respective prices, but the gambles would be for different reasons.

Based on his CL performances, it’s clear that Mudryk is a player, but the gamble would be if he could transport his league game and CL level to the Prem. If he does, then he’s exactly the kind of player we should be signing.

For Leao, if you accept that Serie A is less of a jump, that’s not the gamble, the gamble is that the inconsistency and highs-and-lows style of his game evens out and he becomes and stays a really top and consistent player.

Because if you look at just the raw numbers, both he and Martinelli have played 14 league games this season in the same position and Leao only has 1 more goal than him.

Neither is a sure thing, but I’ve watched Leao a lot, and the idea that he’s less of a risk than Mudryk simply isn’t true. If we signed him and he literally mimicked his Milan performances for our second half of the season it would be OK, but a lot of people would be frustrated for what might be a close to £90m signing.

But like you said, wish list stuff. I just wanted to add my two cents of context.

Gn1212

Leao is much lesser gamble.

Not so sure about that. You don't see this fast, technical enough, tall wingers often. He can become a true monster.

But it's not worth talking about much because Leao is wishlist stuff, much more than Mudryk or Diaby.
Risk is relative.
The price is a big factor. Leao will cost a lot. With that comes huge pressure and the track record of big money moves is pretty bad actually.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My overall point isn’t really that Mudryk is better than Leao or vice versa. It’s more that they’d both be gambles for their respective prices, but the gambles would be for different reasons.

Based on his CL performances, it’s clear that Mudryk is a player, but the gamble would be if he could transport his league game and CL level to the Prem. If he does, then he’s exactly the kind of player we should be signing.

For Leao, if you accept that Serie A is less of a jump, that’s not the gamble, the gamble is that the inconsistency and highs-and-lows style of his game evens out and he becomes and stays a really top and consistent player.

Because if you look at just the raw numbers, both he and Martinelli have played 14 league games this season in the same position and Leao only has 1 more goal than him.

Neither is a sure thing, but I’ve watched Leao a lot, and the idea that he’s less of a risk than Mudryk simply isn’t true. If we signed him and he literally mimicked his Milan performances for our second half of the season it would be OK, but a lot of people would be frustrated for what might be a close to £90m signing.

But like you said, wish list stuff. I just wanted to add my two cents of context.
I will go a step further. I don’t even think Leao is better player

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I've refrained from commenting on Mudryk quite a bit and it's mainly because my hot take is that he's a bit overrated. Very quick, and he honestly doesn't have bad tech but of the matches I've watched with him in them I've yet to be truly convinced by him. I much prefer Leao personally if it's between those two.

That said, I trust Arteta's ID a little more now so if Mudryk really is his guy then fair enough!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
And he clearly wants to use us as a stepping stone to get to Madrid. Don't want no more mercenaries here. :no:
But if our current young players develop as we hope and we get recruitment right, we will be real madrid in a few yrs. Players won’t want to leave for Spanish clubs.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've refrained from commenting on Mudryk quite a bit and it's mainly because my hot take is that he's a bit overrated. Very quick, and he honestly doesn't have bad tech but of the matches I've watched with him in them I've yet to be truly convinced by him. I much prefer Leao personally if it's between those two.

That said, I trust Arteta's ID a little more now so if Mudryk really is his guy then fair enough!
I think there is clearly a player there, but we are talking £57m-£87m, depending on what you choose to believe. That is a lot of money, and you'd want to be confident that it is well spent. Certainly, at the end of that spectrum, this is obviously not a goer. At £57m? Maybe.

We've gotten most of our recent transfers fairly right, you'd think that if the management is contemplating spending that kind of money, they've done their homework on the player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think there is clearly a player there, but we are talking £57m-£87m, depending on what you choose to believe. That is a lot of money, and you'd want to be confident that it is well spent. Certainly, at the end of that spectrum, this is obviously not a goer. At £57m? Maybe.

We've gotten most of our recent transfers fairly right, you'd think that if the management is contemplating spending that kind of money, they've done their homework on the player.
Yep, this is my thinking and why I'm attempting to reserve judgement. I was famously low on Ramsdale and he's been a very strong net positive IMO.

drippin

Risk is relative.
The price is a big factor. Leao will cost a lot. With that comes huge pressure and the track record of big money moves is pretty bad actually.
It looks like Mudryk could cost almost similar amount, and if it's close at all, Leao is my clear preference. That's why I said Leao is a lesser risk. If the price difference is more than 20 million in favour of Mudryk, then it's debatable. Mudryk still has 3,5 years in contract so Shaktar can demand what they want.

But like I said Leao is a pipedream wishlist player. I see him wanted by the top top clubs, and he is in a big club already where he might stay for a while.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Mudryk looks good in the compilations. But man, sancho was taring bundesliga apart and looks a shell.

Mudryk surely is riskier, he surely would be a backup at best here, not sure we should spend 60 mil on that.

drippin

Mudryk looks good in the compilations. But man, sancho was taring bundesliga apart and looks a shell.

Mudryk surely is riskier, he surely would be a backup at best here, not sure we should spend 60 mil on that.
With these numbers mentioned, I'm starting to think that Arteta might just improve the midfield depth (Tielemans or Danilo or someone), and trust ESR and Nelson after January. It would be Nelson's final chance.

They didn't buy anyone last January either, so there is proof that they stick to their plan if there are no top options or other clubs are asking too much. But maybe they will surprise us.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

With these numbers mentioned, I'm starting to think that Arteta might just improve the midfield depth (Tielemans or Danilo or someone), and trust ESR and Nelson after January. It would be Nelson's final chance.

They didn't buy anyone last January either, so there is proof that they stick to their plan if there are no top options or other clubs are asking too much. But maybe they will surprise us.
Much prefer this line of thinking honestly. Hope it's something more aligned with this.

Good point on the midfield, we really need someone to at least semi-fill for Partey. If he gets injured for a month or more. We feel a lot more shaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom