• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,282
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thuram likely will be off to Newcastle or some Italian top 4 club we could do much better if we in CL next season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At 70m I’d pull the trigger on that tbh. Not at 100m but considering his age and good injury record you could imagine him playing for a very long time, 70m is almost reasonable.

Take the armband off Polio Martin and give it Deccy.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be surprised if Rice doesn't end up at Chelsea. You'd think he could do a job here, but somehow it doesn't feel like an "Eduteta" signing.

He'll surely not renew with West Ham.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
70 for Rice is a worthwhile deal.

Have Frenkie as a backup option if cheaper, but that’s the way to go.

Bellingham will attract the top clubs this summer, let them fight there

Legend14

Established Member
70 for Rice is a worthwhile deal.

Have Frenkie as a backup option if cheaper, but that’s the way to go.

Bellingham will attract the top clubs this summer, let them fight there
Rice is a baller. I’d take him. Don’t have to worry about the work rate, or dealing with prima dona attitude. Not sure where he would fit while Partey is healthy and neither is a backup.

Haven’t seen enough of Bellingham, but would think he’d look better in red.

Doubt we get either.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Another question is this Danilo fella, looks like he’s available for about 20m in January, but is it worth going for him if that blocks a potential move for a big fish like Rice in the summer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rice is a baller. I’d take him. Don’t have to worry about the work rate, or dealing with prima dona attitude. Not sure where he would fit while Partey is healthy and neither is a backup.

Haven’t seen enough of Bellingham, but would think he’d look better in red.

Doubt we get either.

Rice is a home boy. There is no chance he leaves London. His whole family are Chelsea fans, that's where they want him to go. Is it the best place for him to go? Probably not.

He's like Yaya Toure. Been tasked with being a defensive player for so long that people don't really think of what he could do in a box to box role anymore. He would be devastating in the Xhaka role and would be every bit as capable in the Partey role.

If you want to genuinely compete for a title, Xhaka, Rice, Partey as options puts you there. I don't think we will do it though.

I think we know who we want and we wait for dominoes to fall before we execute.

Ødegaard, Jesus, Zinchenko are the examples for the level of player we can sign for reasonable fees.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It feels like Chelsea has a lot to do before they go and drop 70M on Rice. Still have guys like Lukaku, Ziyech and Auba on their books who will all need shifting. Not sure what their new owners will be like but they need a lot of players.

RichWeath

It's only dissapointing if you don't understand the big picture. Why didn't he go to United then?

The obvious logical explanation is that Dortmund is one of the best places for up and coming top prospects to develop, and he chose it for that reason even if clubs like Arsenal and United offered more wages.
Because his father advised him against it. This is a player where money isn't the driving factor!
Everything else needs to be right 1st,then money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom