• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,431
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rice is no much difference than Partey he win 50/50 he good in air he very good carry the ball forward and good passer basically English Partey but with bigger potential if we haven't got Partey then Rice should be a prime target in midfield

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rice is no much difference than Partey he win 50/50 he good in air he very good carry the ball forward and good passer basically English Partey but with bigger potential if we haven't got Partey then Rice should be a prime target in midfield
We are in the biggest trouble if Partey gets injured, and he is injury-prone. So we need someone who can do it. Rice isn't injury-prone.

Xhaka/Tielemans - Ødegaard/Vieira
Partey/Rice

:shivering:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. Well Chelsea's problems might affect things.

The problem is that if we get Tielemans (for cheap, it's good business), our midfield will be stacked with only Partey as the proper DMF. And he is injury-prone.
Do you see Rice as a DM? If so then I think it’s a tricky signing as having two DMs that should be starting every week doesn’t work with our system.

If you see him as a CM it’s a simple case of Elneny/Sambi out, Rice in and Xhaka becoming quality depth.

Agree with you on Tielemans, think he kills any CM signing for the near future and it does seem the most likely signing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are in the biggest trouble if Partey gets injured, and he is injury-prone. So we need someone who can do it. Rice isn't injury-prone.

Partey/Rice

That the only reason we should consider rice because of Thomas injury record

drippin

Do you see Rice as a DM? If so then I think it’s a tricky signing as having two DMs that should be starting every week doesn’t work with our system.

If you see him as a CM it’s a simple case of Elneny/Sambi out, Rice in and Xhaka becoming quality depth.

Agree with you on Tielemans, think he kills any CM signing for the near future and it does seem the most likely signing.
Well I looked at the stats from this season from Rice, and it's very equal/better to Partey. Touches too are almost in the same areas. For sure I think Rice is more likely better DMF in EPL straightaway than Bellingham.

Rice can play DMF or Xhaka role, so everyone could rotate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How do you know, he’s still 23
I don’t see anything special with him. Countless of players out there who is at his level. I think being English is why he is so overhyped and his looks and the way he carries himself adds to that. I can see special talent in Bellingham, Foden or Kane. Rice is a hype job

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Care to explain more about this? :lol:

D-iMtpKXoAAXLjZ

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally, I'd get Rice over Bellingham.

It's where I am at too, but mainly because I am resigned to not having a chance with Bellingham.

What I would say is that Bellingham is 10 years younger than Xhaka and Partey. 4 and a half years younger than Rice too.

It's pretty insane how good he is.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Partey/Rice

Super balance, with all those players able to drop deeper and assist with ball progression.

Would add Patino, Lokonga/Danilo to that and we're cooking for the rest of this decade.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's where I am at too, but mainly because I am resigned to not having a chance with Bellingham.

What I would say is that Bellingham is 10 years younger than Xhaka and Partey. 4 and a half years younger than Rice too.

It's pretty insane how good he is.

For me it's the price tag he'll come with and his age, then you have to factor in adapting to the PL. No one really knows how a 19 year old will react to moving to a top PL club for £100M. It's not a chance I think we'll take.

drippin

Super balance, with all those players able to drop deeper and assist with ball progression.

Would add Patino, Lokonga/Danilo to that and we're cooking for the rest of this decade.
Yeah, I just assume we can't get Rice in January (he has 1,5+1) years left. Might not even get Tielemans in January if Leicester overprice him again. Bellingham no way before UCL is a guarantee, if even then.

That leaves Danilo if you want to reinforce in January. If you buy Danilo, then it basically leaves only one more midfielder to come in, and in that case I assume it would be Tielemans, who is cheap or free, and good business. Sambi is out I'm quite certain.

Also I have my doubts that Rice or Bellingham wants to rotate with Xhaka & Partey for two positions. If Tielemans is here, that's another to rotate with. I assume Arteta won't promise more game-time, it's not his thing. Of course Partey being injury-prone might help with the attraction, he has to get enough rest.

It's not easy to solve, but it's still a great situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom