• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,802
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Cagigao had him all set to sign before the club sacked him :(
Was just going to ask how we let him go to Germany. Were we not paying attention?

In the first WC match he was all over the place beyond athleticism, he is technical and decisive for such a young player. Made a massive difference. How did us, Chelsea, ManU, ManU let him stroll away.

I think England was not going to start him but for injuries. Really??

Goonger

Was just going to ask how we let him go to Germany. Were we not paying attention?

In the first WC match he was all over the place beyond athleticism, he is technical and decisive for such a young player. Made a massive difference. How did us, Chelsea, ManU, ManU let him stroll away.

I think England was not going to start him but for injuries. Really??

Well by all accounts we really wanted him, and Man Utd certainly did as well. They rolled out Sir Alex Ferguson to give his family a tour of Carrington, but he chose Dortmund, and you've got to say, he made the right choice.

Legend14

Established Member
Another question for questionable recruiting. I saw a little of Jamal Musiala today. Never seen him before. Ultra quick feet, plays many positions, at Bayern, was in England.

How did we miss this guy too?

Malky

Established Member
Surely Rice at £70M is a no brainer? With the prospect of Champions League next season they’ll be enough games for two quality players in Rice and Partey ( Rice can even play in Xhakas position or at CB ) plus, with Parteys injury record and him pushing 30 can we rely on him for midweek CL and PL games at the weekend?
There’s not many players in world football can play the role Partey does in our team, never mind a 23 year old that already does it in the Premier League.
Crazy if we don’t try for him!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another question for questionable recruiting. I saw a little of Jamal Musiala today. Never seen him before. Ultra quick feet, plays many positions, at Bayern, was in England.

Who says we missed him? He could’ve chosen Bayern.

Bellingham was wanted by everyone at 15, him and his family picked Dortmund.

Think English kids are more open to rejecting the PL and getting their development elsewhere, the Jadon Sancho route.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I actually devoted a bit of time to watching videos of Rice to try and figure out what bothered me about him.

It’s his running style. He gallops like a horse, I.e he takes very long and high strides. I prefer midfielders who take lots of short strides with their feet closer to the ground, as they tend to work better in tight spaces. It’s just maths - if your feet are on the ground 4 times over 2m as opposed to twice, then you can change strategy twice as often… To be fair to rice, he is a great athlete (again horse is fitting) so he pulls it off.

Other things that bothered me were the complete lack of disguise. He telegraphs his next pass / shot with every part of his body which means the opposition can start to press the recipient before the ball has even been played.

In all the videos I watched I didn’t see any evidence of him being able to “tiki taka” ie short sharp passing. To be fair, he plays for a caveman so this isn’t the same as saying he isn’t capable of it. But it also doesn’t mean he definitively is…

On the ball in his own half he seems nervous and looks to very quickly progress it with a low percentage long pass. Again, could be a moyes thing, but that is definitely not the Arteta way…

His passing “quality” is good but again the telegraphing thing does bother me, in that it also means he can’t like flick the ball into a runner with the outside of his foot. He only passes it the orthodox way we were taught when we were 6… opens up and hits it with the inside.

The pros: great positioning, great physicality, superb engine, good tackler. Is that worth £70m+? Idk… the English tax is STRONG with this one.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I actually devoted a bit of time to watching videos of Rice to try and figure out what bothered me about him.

It’s his running style. He gallops like a horse, I.e he takes very long and high strides. I prefer midfielders who take lots of short strides with their feet closer to the ground, as they tend to work better in tight spaces. It’s just maths - if your feet are on the ground 4 times over 2m as opposed to twice, then you can change strategy twice as often… To be fair to rice, he is a great athlete (again horse is fitting) so he pulls it off.

Other things that bothered me were the complete lack of disguise. He telegraphs his next pass / shot with every part of his body which means the opposition can start to press the recipient before the ball has even been played.

In all the videos I watched I didn’t see any evidence of him being able to “tiki taka” ie short sharp passing. To be fair, he plays for a caveman so this isn’t the same as saying he isn’t capable of it. But it also doesn’t mean he definitively is…

On the ball in his own half he seems nervous and looks to very quickly progress it with a low percentage long pass. Again, could be a moyes thing, but that is definitely not the Arteta way…

His passing “quality” is good but again the telegraphing thing does bother me, in that it also means he can’t like flick the ball into a runner with the outside of his foot. He only passes it the orthodox way we were taught when we were 6… opens up and hits it with the inside.

The pros: great positioning, great physicality, superb engine, good tackler. Is that worth £70m+? Idk… the English tax is STRONG with this one.
He was a CB in his youth. He lacks guile and has zero creativity in his short passing. As you say it’s always the most obvious simple pass. His long passing is average

He is a player if you never heard of him wouldn’t stand out

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He was a CB in his youth. He lacks guile and has zero creativity in his short passing. As you say it’s always the most obvious simple pass. His long passing is average

He is a player if you never heard of him wouldn’t stand out

He’d make a great inverted rb tbf…

6gunner

Do everything we can to get Rice. January preferably but in the summer if we can’t. If buying Danilo in January eliminates Rice in the summer then don’t buy him.

To place higher in the standings than our wage bill we need players that are both high quality and versatile. Rice is one of the few that can play both lone 6 and advanced 8 at an equally high level.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Do everything we can to get Rice. January preferably but in the summer if we can’t. If buying Danilo in January eliminates Rice in the summer then don’t buy him.

To place higher in the standings than our wage bill we need players that are both high quality and versatile. Rice is one of the few that can play both lone 6 and advanced 8 at an equally high level.

Seen zero evidence of this.

D

Deleted member 102404

The pundits just love Bellingham.
He could go out and have a stinker of a game and the pundits would be caught doing their flys up at full time before gushing about how brilliant he was.
It’s a strange thing that happens with players… makes me think agent kick backs extend to punditry to drive up prices /wages.

Same thing happened with Mason Mount. Literally every 5 minutes he was being positioned as some generational talent.

I think Bellingham is decent. Not yet tested at a top league. Also don’t see anything he’s brilliant at. Just good in a number of areas. Probably not as a good as the likes of Gerrard , because Gerrard had an amazing shot on him… he was a good all rounder plus had an outstanding attribute… and let’s then remember that Gerrard was a level below the likes of Vieira.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

We never had a sniff. Moved to the UK from Germany at 7. Was in Chelsea's academy from 8 (wasn't really in our academy catchment area). At 16 he wanted to move back to Germany, so left Chelsea for Bayern. There was simply never any opportunity.

And if you've never seen him before, you've missed a treat. Kid has been a REAL player for 2 years now, and probably as good as anyone in the bundesliga this year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The pundits just love Bellingham.
He could go out and have a stinker of a game and the pundits would be caught doing their flys up at full time before gushing about how brilliant he was.
It’s a strange thing that happens with players… makes me think agent kick backs extend to punditry to drive up prices /wages.

Same thing happened with Mason Mount. Literally every 5 minutes he was being positioned as some generational talent.

I think Bellingham is decent. Not yet tested at a top league. Also don’t see anything he’s brilliant at. Just good in a number of areas. Probably not as a good as the likes of Gerrard , because Gerrard had an amazing shot on him… he was a good all rounder plus had an outstanding attribute… and let’s then remember that Gerrard was a level below the likes of Vieira.
Bellingham is a decisive player. Yes defensively he is not great and is actually one of the reasons Dortmund is so open. But he is by far Englands best midfielder. So if he is decent only I fear to know what the others are. For me I would play him in Mounts position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom