• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,373
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't the plan for this season to get the top 4? I don't think it makes a difference for the club if they win it or not, and if we do end up buying someone, it will be a long-term investment rather than a short-term solution to win the league this season
What’s the plan for next season? Win the league? City will still have Pep, Liverpool will still have Klopp + more backing. United are already looking better and will have more backing. Chelsea will continue to spend ridiculous money. Newcastle are already up there. Sp**s will be in and around fourth.

Nothing is linear in football, could have injuries next season, players wanting out, Arteta leaving etc.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What’s the plan for next season? Win the league? City will still have Pep, Liverpool will still have Klopp + more backing. United are already looking better and will have more backing. Chelsea will continue to spend ridiculous money. Newcastle are already up there. Sp**s will be in and around fourth.

Nothing is linear in football, could have injuries next season, players wanting out, Arteta leaving etc.
I've given up on winning things tbh, eventually, we'll win something, but for me, just staying close to the big boys and playing some CL football would be acceptable. This pissing contest of who will throw more money is lame and sooner or later owners will get tired of it.

If we can continue investing in young players and sell them for massive profits, I'll take it as a win, and looks like it's also working for us on the pitch

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've given up on winning things tbh, eventually, we'll win something, but for me, just staying close to the big boys and playing some CL football would be acceptable. This pissing contest of who will throw more money is lame and sooner or later owners will get tired of it.

If we can continue investing in young players and sell them for massive profits, I'll take it as a win, and looks like it's also working for us on the pitch
Which is why this season is so important, that’s the whole point? In all likelihood we won’t be in a better position to get a title than this for years to come.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Which is why this season is so important, that’s the whole point? In all likelihood we won’t be in a better position to get a title than this for years to come.
Exactly not splashing the cash in January means botching what could be a once in a decade opportunity. We haven’t been in this position in Christmas in almost 20 years. Arteta and Edu have to beg Josh to go nuts in January

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Liverpool are an ageing squad at an end of a cycle in need of a big rebuild, United at the start of a new cycle but significantly behind us imo, Newcastle will improve but so should we, City hopefully will be close to the end of their current cycle with KDB and Silva getting older. Also I think selling Sterling and Jesus has taken their pacest players out of their squad. Chelsea are a bit of a mess right now. Sp**s without Kane and with Son past his best are going to drop to mid-table

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool are an ageing squad at an end of a cycle in need of a big rebuild, United at the start of a new cycle but significantly behind us imo, Newcastle will improve but so should we, City hopefully will be close to the end of their current cycle with KDB and Silva getting older. Also I think selling Sterling and Jesus has taken their pacest players out of their squad. Chelsea are a bit of a mess right now. Sp**s without Kane and with Son past his best are going to drop to mid-table
That’s all wishful thinking. The opposite could happen and that’s why we have to go for it in January.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Been looking into your crystal ball again ? 😉

Let's be realistic. The strong will stay strong. Always have, always will. As long as theres money.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Been looking into your crystal ball again ? 😉

Let's be realistic. The strong will stay strong. Always have, always will. As long as theres money.
Yes we are part of the strong. Put this idea that we lack the money to win league out of your head. If Leicester, no money, and Ranieri can win league Arteta with more time, money, and more talent can win league and not be a genius or take 10 years. No one thinks Ranieri is a genius but no manager has ever pulled a bunny out like that. If Ranieri and Leicester can do it we can.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That’s all wishful thinking. The opposite could happen and that’s why we have to go for it in January.

I hope we do but only if we can get the right players. If we get the wrong players, it hurts us down the line.

I don't think it is wishful thinking anyway. Yes this is a great opportunity to maybe win the league, but we aren't where we are by luck, the players earned it. Chelsea and Sp**s are foundamentally poor teams right now. United are trying to move to possession football but get battered on the counter several times now because of it

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rate him or overrated? He has become really overrated

Can you really blame them when he’s dunking on a lot of midfielders in the PL in a short space of time? Certain man were expecting him to fail but he’s outperformed A-M love child Coconut Rice.

FezYuAfWYAAv_kr.jpg:large

No real surprise that Real Madrid are keen on Bruno G.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yes we are part of the strong. Put this idea that we lack the money to win league out of your head. If Leicester, no money, and Ranieri can win league Arteta with more time, money, and more talent can win league and not be a genius or take 10 years. No one thinks Ranieri is a genius but no manager has ever pulled a bunny out like that. If Ranieri and Leicester can do it we can.
I'm not saying we can't win the league or don't have money. Not sure how you have taken that from what I wrote ? Just saying that the idea that all the other teams are there for the taking & on the verge of somehow becoming weaker is nonsense.

Also, there are other teams with deeper pockets than ours.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope we do but only if we can get the right players. If we get the wrong players, it hurts us down the line.

I don't think it is wishful thinking anyway. Yes this is a great opportunity to maybe win the league, but we aren't where we are by luck, the players earned it. Chelsea and Sp**s are foundamentally poor teams right now. United are trying to move to possession football but get battered on the counter several times now because of it
You’re presuming they won’t improve or that they’ll all drop off though? United have already been a lot better than last season and will have even more money to spend going forward. Liverpool and Chelsea will spend massive amounts going forward as well, not to mention City and Newcastle.

Nobody is arguing we don’t deserve to be where we are. It’s just unlikely that we’ll be in this position next season. This could be our last chance for a while, next season we won’t be 16pts clear of Chelsea, 15pts clear of Liverpool, 11pts clear of United after 14 games for starters.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you really blame them when he’s dunking on a lot of midfielders in the PL in a short space of time? Certain man were expecting him to fail but he’s outperformed A-M love child Coconut Rice.

FezYuAfWYAAv_kr.jpg:large

No real surprise that Real Madrid are keen on Bruno G.

Wonder what Xhaka's stats look like?

Also "Coconut Rice" :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm not saying we're in for Felix but perhaps we're not looking for goalscorers who don't add much in build up play. We have Saka, Martinelli and Jesus all capable of stretching teams and playing intricate passes. Perhaps we want more of that than a player like Auba who didn't contribute a whole lot in build up play and we look like a different team now Jesus has come in.

Every team needs variation though. Arteta knows enough about football to know that. I don’t think there’s enough variation at CF between Jesus and Nketiah, personally I’d prefer a more physical focal point, just as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom