• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. I should probably state my position before I get accused of sitting on the fence.

I’m generally pro-gamble anti-proven. The thing with proven buys is they tend to either have a big ego, or they have the pressure of the price tag hanging around them. I’m not a fan of either of those things. Some people around here point to our position as some kind of Goldilocks lucked out moment but for me it’s not an accident. A lot of wrongs were righted and a lot of good decisions got us to where we are. The hunger and desire of “gambles” to prove themselves whether from the academy or from elsewhere has been a huge part of that. They got non negotiables coming out their backside.

I would normally always prefer to buy 5x gambles over 2x experienced. This Jan, I will “allow it” but my preference is to carry on with the same methods that got us to where we are now.
Yeah. Well I doubt they will alter their transfer tactics much. I can't see them going for Zaha even for free. They want to grow the team together, and get players who have "resale" value. And like you say, players like Zaha likely are not happy if these young guys keep him on the bench by playing well.

It all depends on the price and transfer structure of Mudryk, at least he would be very happy to come and compete. Still at this point for Arsenal the optimum for age and experience is 23-26 years old imo, while of course younger players can be experienced enough so there are exceptions.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

• Wow
Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would believe that if the mail reporter is more reliable still for 40M wouldn't be bad deal

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
40m is much more reasonable than the previous figures quoted, which were never realistic. He’s unproven but considering his athletic and technical potential 40m is a reasonable gamble to take.

Looks like it could really be Mudryk and Danilo in January.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

A short video on his performance against Madrid. You can see here what Arteta may be looking for in him, good energy, looks up and around frequently, and is interested in passing and moving with the ball. Also makes good runs off the ball and you cannot miss his pace.

Decision making and letting opportunities pass him by (either by wanting to go at it alone, or passing too late, a heavy touch, etc) still bother me a bit, but he is young and that can be coached.

But for the reported 40m, Im happy with that. Probably means we wont go for Leao then.

His profile and where he will play for us confuses me a bit, especially with players like Smith Rowe, Martinelli already taking the left wing spot. Perhaps Mudryk or Martinelli moves central, with the other rotating with Smith Rowe at left wing.

Something like this, as a back up attacking five.

Smith Rowe------Mudryk-------Nelson
-----------Vieira-----------Tielemans

Goonger

A short video on his performance against Madrid. You can see here what Arteta may be looking for in him, good energy, looks up and around frequently, and is interested in passing and moving with the ball. Also makes good runs off the ball and you cannot miss his pace.

Decision making and letting opportunities pass him by (either by wanting to go at it alone, or passing too late, a heavy touch, etc) still bother me a bit, but he is young and that can be coached.

But for the reported 40m, Im happy with that. Probably means we wont go for Leao then.

His profile and where he will play for us confuses me a bit, especially with players like Smith Rowe, Martinelli already taking the left wing spot. Perhaps Mudryk or Martinelli moves central, with the other rotating with Smith Rowe at left wing.

Something like this, as a back up attacking five.

Smith Rowe------Mudryk-------Nelson
-----------Vieira-----------Tielemans

There's no doubt the lad plays as a bit of a maverick at times, he'll marvel and frustrate in equal measures, but Arteta should help improve those percentages.

Here's a couple of performances from this seasons Champions League. You know what I like about them...he scored 2 goals and an assist (would have been 2 if the ball hadn't been out of play by 6") with his left foot.

Confident enough to try, good enough to execute well, no thought of having to chop back on his stronger foot perhaps delaying or losing the chance. That tells me he has good base technique, and gives me hope like Neto he could cover both wings competently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom