• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What club do you go to after City? Pep's done Spain and Germany. The only place he might go to is a national team, but you don't have the same control . . . very much a lottery. Pep's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Can the Kroenke's keep up this level of spending? Must be in Arteta's mind. If Arteta get's one successful season under his belt he'd be a fool not to take the richest club in Spain, Germany or France, if offered.

I think Pep's said previously that he's not going to stick around in the management game into his old age.

He's 51 currently I think. I can see him doing another 3 years at Man City and then a couple of WC cycles in the international game and be out of the game by 60 or so.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Times are tough when a vanilla poster like this is massacring you @A__G

Vanilla?

A word more associated with you I feel.

Heard ice cream was one of the many reasons you got bullied at school. You couldn't work out how to use cutlery till you were 24 so you used to sit in the school cafeteria for 4.5 hours waiting for your ice cream to melt so you could lap it up with your tongue like a cat.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only swinging you're doing is late night in a park mate.

giphy.gif

"Riou was never quite the same again, after his sacking from Team Triou..."

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
They do, they've got nothing left hence Sam has decided to try and tell everyone I'm now a Conte fan.

It's not sticking though. I wonder what he/they'll try next, find out next time on the worst forum in the world!
It’s deffo stuck:lol:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
This thread since the World Cup began

Tumbleweed GIF

We're free from the shackles of Artetaball

After what almost happens today I can't even picture myself sitting in front of a TV watching the likes of Ødegaard tracking back and pretending I'm witnessing quality football.

Here's some empty praise for the guy, normally would give you 20 pages of "discussion"

But not today, the shackles aren't on today. Too busy with proper football for that. Now it rings as hollow as a Martinelli dribble followed by a turnover camouflaged as a cross

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Getting a break from the Arteta praise is cleansing tbh.

That’s not to say he’s not doing a great job, but the love he gets is quite full on and constant compared to many managers and even players.

It’s kinda like that rapper Illuminati ritual where they come on whatever platform and immediately blurt out Jay Z is the goat unprompted.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think for those who dont like Arteta, and there is indeed space for these folks, its important for Arsenal to not overachieve this season. Because then the arguments will become unbearable for you guys.

I think a top four finish and around 80 point season should be bearable all round. Keep the Arteta-INs in check, and the Arteta-OUTs calm, a ceasefire if you wish.

Anything north or south of that, and we are back to bullets everywhere.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think for those who dont like Arteta, and there is indeed space for these folks, its important for Arsenal to not overachieve this season. Because then the arguments will become unbearable for you guys.
Why would it though? Arteta riding relegation pace for months, finishing 8th, falling out with a bunch of players, bottling CL etc all never became unbearable for his fans. Certain man simply act like they were always on his side when they called him a dog and worse

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why would it though? Arteta riding relegation pace for months, finishing 8th, falling out with a bunch of players, bottling CL etc all never became unbearable for his fans. Certain man simply act like they were always on his side when they called him a dog and worse

I'd argue that you would not have found an Arteta supporter during that time. Or to be more accurate, the numbers would have been severely low, as is the case with the Arteta-OUTs right now.

There will always be this swaying opinion. Especially in Mikel's case because it goes beyond football for him, on both sides. On the one hand for example, there is a deep resentment that he has been supported the way he has, compared to Wenger's lack of support for example. On the other hand for example, its about planting your flag in the Arteta-IN territory and deciding to support that position no matter what. Hence the goalposts will continuously shift both pro and anti.

Hence my conclusion... a compromise, for the sake of peace.

But if I was the selfish ****er I can be... I would prefer us topping 100 points, win the league and defend it next year of course. All for the sake of domination and putting Arsenal beyond any doubt in any mind.

Top Bottom