• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 514,890
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unless G.Jesus injury extremely serious i think it'll be wrong decision to spend big on CF. I think our plans will still same winger and CM hopefully the winger just be someone who can score goals.

The important thing for us the spine of the team Saliba White Xhaka and Partey aren't injured as long they stay fit we winning alot of games because we won't be conceded goals.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Unless G.Jesus injury extremely serious i think it'll be wrong decision to spend big on CF. I think our plans will still same winger and CM hopefully the winger just be someone who can score goals.

The important thing for us the spine of the team Saliba White Xhaka and Partey aren't injured as long they stay fit we winning alot of games because we won't be conceded goals.

CF is also the spine of the team though? It’s sort of the most important position on the pitch. I don’t see how Nketiah and inshallah will be enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
CF is also the spine of the team though? It’s sort of the most important position on the pitch. I don’t see how Nketiah and inshallah will be enough.
That true but we have alot of players that score we'll be in major trouble if one i mentioned had long term injury still G.Jesus is too important people will notice how much we miss him

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
These are our realistic options in January while Jesus is out.

- Stick with Nketiah
- Gakpo
- Depay
- Thuram
- Toney
- Evanilson
- Sesko
- Marcos Leonardo

GDeep™

League is very weak

- Stick with Nketiah
- Gakpo
- Depay
- Thuram
- Toney
- Evanilson
- Sesko
- Marcos Leonardo
Is Gakpo a striker, think he prefers the wide spots. You disliked my post but why not bid for Mitrovic or Vlahovic?

Morning_woody

Is Gakpo a striker, think he prefers the wide spots. You disliked my post but why not bid for Mitrovic or Vlahovic?

Because they are totaly opposite players of what Jesus is

They are both starters in their clubs and when Jesus comes back they would end up on the bench

You really want to bring a Serbian player in the dressing room when Granit is there ?

Cmon get real

Morning_woody

- Stick with Nketiah
- Gakpo
- Depay
- Thuram
- Toney
- Evanilson
- Sesko
- Marcos Leonardo

None of those are realistic except of sticking with Nketiah. We won't bring in another striker just because Jesus is out for couple of months.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Because they are totaly opposite players of what Jesus is

They are both starters in their clubs and when Jesus comes back they would end up on the bench

You really want to bring a Serbian player in the dressing room when Granit is there ?

Cmon get real
Why do you need a similar player to Jesus? Get someone different so we’ll have other options when Jesus is fit.

Vlahovic is a starter but his club might be going through tax issues and be open to selling.

GDeep™

League is very weak
None of those are realistic except of sticking with Nketiah. We won't bring in another striker just because Jesus is out for couple of months.
Yeah we probably aren’t signing anybody, but you seem to be ruling everything out, anything is possible if you put the money on the table.

Morning_woody

Why do you need a similar player to Jesus? Get someone different so we’ll have other options when Jesus is fit.

Vlahovic is a starter but his club might be going through tax issues and be open to selling.

It's a bit unrealistic to think that we will buy a player like Vlahovic - who'd probably cost around 50-70 million pounds and demand a wage between 200-300 k a week - to sit on the bench once Jesus returns. Not happening

Morning_woody

Yeah we probably aren’t signing anybody, but you seem to be ruling everything out, anything is possible if you put the money on the table.
We are going to go for a wide player and maybe cover for Partey - we won't use that money on a striker just because Jesus is out for couple of months

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's a bit unrealistic to think that we will buy a player like Vlahovic - who'd probably cost around 50-70 million pounds and demand a wage between 200-300 k a week - to sit on the bench once Jesus returns. Not happening
We are going to go for a wide player and maybe cover for Partey - we won't use that money on a striker just because Jesus is out for couple of months
You’re right, and I see it the same way. Im just thinking to maintain a PL chase you have to pull something big out of the bag. You’re saying a “couple” of months, it’s being reported as three months, and then he’ll need time to sharpen up when he is back - so it’s could be a while before we see the Jesus that left us for the WC.

Morning_woody

If we do bring in a striker than we should go for someone like Morata (someone did mention him earlier)

Morata would be cheap too and we could probably bring him in on loan too (with an option to buy)
Some sites say that he is on a 100-120 k wage a week (we are currently giving that to Nketiah) . He is world class at link up play and is somewhat of a modern CF - a bit like Jesus

Morning_woody

You’re right, and I see it the same way. Im just thinking to maintain a PL chase you have to pull something big out of the bag. You’re saying a “couple” of months, it’s being reported as three months, and then he’ll need time to sharpen up when he is back - so it’s could be a while before we see the Jesus that left us for the WC.
And I see your point.
We need to find cheaper alternatives, maybe someone like Morata would fit that bill.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Doubt there's many strikers you could get on loan who would help us out here.

Morning_woody

Doubt there's many strikers you could get on loan who would help us out here.
I agree but there are strikes you can get on loan who are better and more proven than Eddie.
I just can't see us buying a striker after we brought Jesus in this summer and extended Eddie's contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom