• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,761
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Nketiah had played as many games at the top level as Morata he’d also have a highlights reel of howlers, but he hasn’t, he’s had failed championship loans, cup and sub appearances and a purple patch at the back end of last season. But yh it’s easier to sh*t on Morata.

From the Juventus fans on their forum during the season:

lol u guys are so naive, he always starts good - our second stint, Chelsea even Atleti, then his p*ssy mentality takes over once he gets more responbility, begins to miss sitters and fails hard, it wont change this year, ull see.

:lol: that’s as spot on as it gets. That weak mentality has Morata in a chokehold.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If Arteta has only one way to play then he really is not much of a manager. If he thinks nketiah as a first choice for several months is the way to go because he presses. I hope he takes responsibility when we fall down the league instead of blaming the player. Either way we are fvcked. First adversary of the season and season is over

Pressing is probably the most important reason in us being top of the PL.

You should also note that all top teams are looking to shift none pressing forwards. United in their current state want CR7 out, PSG want Neymar out and Auba has been as much use in the PL as a chocolate tea pot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
From the Juventus fans on their forum during the season:

:lol: that’s as spot on as it gets. That weak mentality has Morata in a chokehold.

The day I take football advice from Juve fans is the day I’m dead in my grave.

Being serious though yh everyone knows Morata has that mentality we’re not under the impression he’s a stone cold killer. But if you have a long injury to your main CF and your back-up is, frankly, quite inexperienced at the top level, then someone like Morata on loan is actually quite sensible if you want a tilt at the title.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That ideal then. We will only need him to he good the fist few months. :thumbsup:

He’ll probably be good for the first couple of games then that weak mentality will kick in. Morata can’t be trusted, I’ve watched enough of him over the years to know that but each to their own.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The day I take football advice from Juve fans is the day I’m dead in my grave.

Being serious though yh everyone knows Morata has that mentality we’re not under the impression he’s a stone cold killer. But if you have a long injury to your main CF and your back-up is, frankly, quite inexperienced at the top level, then someone like Morata on loan is actually quite sensible if you want a tilt at the title.

Bringing in Morata wouldn’t improve our front line or keep it at a similar level to what it was and that’s what I feel we need if we’re going to have a shot at the title with Jesus out. Pointless signing similar to Dani Ceballos, Asensio etc.

It’s a no from me ❌

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pressing is probably the most important reason in us being top of the PL.

You should also note that all top teams are looking to shift none pressing forwards. United in their current state want CR7 out, PSG want Neymar out and Auba has been as much use in the PL as a chocolate tea pot.
I would say it’s not. We have been efficient, haven’t had many injuries and in games we didn’t play well like Leeds we rode our luck

Arteta did not invent pressing this season. If pressing is so important why didn’t he use it when we were finishing 8th and blowing CL away

But the biggest reason is actually Jesus general play who has opened our whole attack up. Now we will have a striker who is barely PL level. Let’s see how enjoyable pressing is with no goals

Knowing how the Arteta worshippers think. They would have nketiah ahead of Giroud now because he presses

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bringing in Morata wouldn’t improve our front line or keep it at a similar level to what it was and that’s what I feel we need if we’re going to have a shot at the title with Jesus out. Pointless signing similar to Dani Ceballos, Asensio etc.

It’s a no from me ❌
Nketiah and Morata is the same level. I’m actually gonna enjoy this inevitable fall because we have the most deluded fans in world football

Keplaz

Thing is Jesus hasn't been scoring. His pressing and attitude have made the biggest difference. If we have a pressing forward who allows Saka and Nelly to get the ball or for Ode to get shots, then I'm all for it. Morata until Feb, isn't a bad shout. He's also not entirely new to the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Thing is Jesus hasn't been scoring. His pressing and attitude have made the biggest difference. If we have a pressing forward who allows Saka and Nelly to get the ball or for Ode to get shots, then I'm all for it. Morata until Feb, isn't a bad shout. He's also not entirely new to the league.
Pressing. It’s his quality on the ball that opens things up. He is our best creator. People acting like he is just chasing defenders. He is our best ball player and makes life much easier for Martinelli and Saka

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

It’s a no from me ❌

So Nketiah plays 90 mins every game until March? What’s your solution?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pressing. It’s his quality on the ball that opens things up. He is our best creator. People acting like he is just chasing defenders. He is our best ball player and makes life much easier for Martinelli and Saka

Both can be true at the same time.

Go back and watch Jesus' in action, whether its for City or Arsenal. In addition to be good on the ball and having movement that disrupts defenders, is his pressing and bending runs in doing it so important. Its also what makes Eddie so effective upfront as well, his ability to intelligently press the opponent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Both can be true at the same time.

Go back and watch Jesus' in action, whether its for City or Arsenal. In addition to be good on the ball and having movement that disrupts defenders, is his pressing and bending runs in doing it so important. Its also what makes Eddie so effective upfront as well, his ability to intelligently press the opponent.
In which planet does this happen?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I would say it’s not. We have been efficient, haven’t had many injuries and in games we didn’t play well like Leeds we rode our luck

Arteta did not invent pressing this season. If pressing is so important why didn’t he use it when we were finishing 8th and blowing CL away

But the biggest reason is actually Jesus general play who has opened our whole attack up. Now we will have a striker who is barely PL level. Let’s see how enjoyable pressing is with no goals

Knowing how the Arteta worshippers think. They would have nketiah ahead of Giroud now because he presses

We're currently the best pressing side in the PL. When we finished 8th we had players who couldn't press very well like Auba, Laca and Özil, all poor at pressing or they simply avoid it. Currently Martinelli, Jesus and Saka bring the best front 3 press out of any PL team.

I agree Jesus general play has brought out play up a level but your back up is unlikely to be as good as your starter. Nketieh is better than Jesus at getting into goalscoring positions, even if he's worse in most other facets of the game. He can also press with intensity, hold the ball up while linking up. I think he'll get us allot of goals while keeping the pressing advantage over the opposition.

Also Nketieh is near the beggining of his career and we don't know exactly how good he'll be when he peaks. Giroud didn't really achieve anything until he was 25-26, while Eddie is several years younger than that right now. Let's see how Nketieh's career pans out before writing him off.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We're currently the best pressing side in the PL. When we finished 8th we had players who couldn't press very well like Auba, Laca and Özil, all poor at pressing or they simply avoid it. Currently Martinelli, Jesus and Saka bring the best front 3 press out of any PL team.

I agree Jesus general play has brought out play up a level but your back up is unlikely to be as good as your starter. Nketieh is better than Jesus at getting into goalscoring positions, even if he's worse in most other facets of the game. He can also press with intensity, hold the ball up while linking up. I think he'll get us allot of goals while keeping the pressing advantage over the opposition.

Also Nketieh is near the beggining of his career and we don't know exactly how good he'll be when he peaks. Giroud didn't really achieve anything until he was 25-26, while Eddie is several years younger than that right now. Let's see how Nketieh's career pans out before writing him off.
We can’t gamble on let’s see if nketiah can do it. No big club would put their season on let’s see if he can do it on a player of nketiahs level

We haven’t been in CL for 7 years. This season if we miss our could be season 8. How about we act like a big club and give us a serious chance be buying next window

Unless you think after 14 games we have guaranteed our top 4 spot like last season after 26 games we did. If we don’t buy a CF it’s second year in row the club has acted irresponsible and I truly hope we pay for it again. I can’t respect ineptness at this scale

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We can’t gamble on let’s see if nketiah can do it. No big club would put their season on let’s see if he can do it on a player of nketiahs level

We haven’t been in CL for 7 years. This season if we miss our could be season 8. How about we act like a big club and give us a serious chance be buying next window

Unless you think after 14 games we have guaranteed our top 4 spot like last season after 26 games we did. If we don’t buy a CF it’s second year in row the club has acted irresponsible and I truly hope we pay for it again. I can’t respect ineptness at this scale

I actually do think we have top 4 sewn up. In the last 4 seasons 71 points, 67, 66 and 71 points have achieved a 4th place finish respectively. We have 37 points, so to get 71 points we need 34 points from 24 games. We could get 8 wins out of 24, while losing 16 games and still get top 4 on that basis (ie 71 points), which would still be a massive collapse.

IMO if we're signing players it's either for A) Long term strategic targets or B) Players that can push us onto the title while being as good as our starters. If we can do that in January that would be great. Otherwise I don't think we should acquire dead wood that may not be better than what we have. But if we can improve our forward portfolio, the like Vlahovic, Joao Felix, Osimhen. Maybe Thuram is a good signing with 6 months left on his contract.

I think it should be noted that someone pointed out that Liverpool won a title with Origi being their starting CF for a large section of their season.

pettr

I actually do think we have top 4 sewn up. In the last 4 seasons 71 points, 67, 66 and 71 points have achieved a 4th place finish respectively. We have 37 points, so to get 71 points we need 34 points from 24 games. We could get 8 wins out of 24, while losing 16 games and still get top 4 on that basis (ie 71 points), which would still be a massive collapse.

IMO if we're signing players it's either for A) Long term strategic targets or B) Players that can push us onto the title while being as good as our starters. If we can do that in January that would be great. Otherwise I don't think we should acquire dead wood that may not be better than what we have. But if we can improve our forward portfolio, the like Vlahovic, Joao Felix, Osimhen. Maybe Thuram is a good signing with 6 months left on his contract.

I think it should be noted that someone pointed out that Liverpool won a title with Origi being their starting CF for a large section of their season.
8 wins are 24 points,not 34. For sure we need another player, be it a winger or a central forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom