• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Bucephalus

Then buy the best winger and move Martinelli inside and use ESR. Eddie is not a title winning striker. You are smart enough to understand that if we sell out tactically to create chances and Eddie is not clinical he kills our whole set up. He has to create snd score goals at a much higher rate than he ever has for is to win it. I am not comfortable gambling a title shot on him. We also need a quality6/8 like Partey. We need two big signings
I'm fine with that tactic, too. Hell, it might be both at different times, if Mikel (and I'm somewhat pro-Arteta at this point) could finally learn to properly rotate. I just don't believe that a title-changing January transfer is, historically, a realistic ask, even if we had state oil money. So we're probably going to have to depend on some Hale End graduates to get us through. And all of us on this board have differing opinions about various youth. We all have a player we think is good enough but isn't getting the right chances. We all have a player that we think is never going to be good enough. But to get a player in January who might warrant a banner inside the stadium, much less a statue outside the stadium, isn't likely to happen.

(The Board, and the Kroenkes, have much to answer for for the last 15 years or so, but now they're actually trying, I won't judge them for not producing the impossible).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
That’s actually a fairly popular opinion around here.

Completely wrong. But popular… 😜
I say it’s unpopular because of the timing of the post. Seems a bit harsh to be critical of Jesus while he’s nursing an injury; but I’m a bast@rd so it is what it is.

None of our forwards have elite ball striking. Maybe ESR or at a stretch Martinelli, but it doesn’t feel quite enough. I just want a serious hitman.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I'm fine with that tactic, too. Hell, it might be both at different times, if Mikel (and I'm somewhat pro-Arteta at this point) could finally learn to properly rotate. I just don't believe that a title-changing January transfer is, historically, a realistic ask, even if we had state oil money. So we're probably going to have to depend on some Hale End graduates to get us through. And all of us on this board have differing opinions about various youth. We all have a player we think is good enough but isn't getting the right chances. We all have a player that we think is never going to be good enough. But to get a player in January who might warrant a banner inside the stadium, much less a statue outside the stadium, isn't likely to happen.

(The Board, and the Kroenkes, have much to answer for for the last 15 years or so, but now they're actually trying, I won't judge them for not producing the impossible).
Oh my god it is not impossible to find some goals after your star striker goes down in January. That is exactly what i mean with defeatist attitude. Every Arsenal manager before Arteta who won 13 league titles managed it with less money than he has had. If you spend money you can always add a player you might have to overpay by 10 or 20 percent that is the end of it. You somehow couch the reasonable, obvious, only non negligent option into the impossible.

LG10

Nketiah was great end of last season and was super sharp preseason and in early sub appearances. When he knew Jesus would be starting no matter what, he lost motivation and his performances dropped rightly or wrongly.

We’ll be fine, anyone that thinks title race is over because of this are losers. We’re not signing a striker just because Jesus is out till March btw, this isn’t fifa. Players step up when these things happen, don’t doubt nketiah.

Bucephalus

Oh my god it is not impossible to find some goals after your star striker goes down in January. That is exactly what i mean with defeatist attitude. Every Arsenal manager before Arteta who won 13 league titles managed it with less money than he has had. If you spend money you can always add a player you might have to overpay by 10 or 20 percent that is the end of it. You somehow couch the reasonable, obvious, only non negligent option into the impossible.
So name a striker. Name one we can plausibly get. Then get settled and understand how the system works. (And I know we need one, I'd seriously take Giroud if he said he had unfinished business and wanted to give it a go). If you don't have a better, serious, option, than we can actually get, I'd rather go down recalling ESR, Patino, maybe Balo, and go down fighting as Arsenal.

Seriously. For all that the Kroenkes are awful, you are asking for a January transfer window that simply isn't possible.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Silly Ranieri pulled a gigantic bunny ten times as big as the ask being made of Arteta with no time and no money and at Leicester and he managed it. Klopp won the double and Super Cup over Bayern while selling them his best player every year and running a fraction of their net spend. Is Ranieri a genius? Are Leicester a bigger club than Arsenal? Did my granny nan own City instead of petrosheiks when Leicester won the title? You guys do know that longer shots than arsenal come in and make upsets all the time? Being city doesn’t mean winning every year
No but Leicester won it because all the big clubs except us were in transition.
Fantastic achievement but everything just dropped into place for them It was a freak season.
They were not competing against the stable established super power city of today. A club who have remained at the very top for over half a decade & just added Haaland.
Longershots certainly don't come in all the time.
Since the prem league started only Leicester have come in once as a longer shot.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
So name a striker. Name one we can plausibly get. Then get settled and understand how the system works. (And I know we need one, I'd seriously take Giroud if he said he had unfinished business and wanted to give it a go). If you don't have a better, serious, option, than we can actually get, I'd rather go down recalling ESR, Patino, maybe Balo, and go down fighting as Arsenal.

Seriously. For all that the Kroenkes are awful, you are asking for a January transfer window that simply isn't possible.
It's no use trying reason with him, or to get him to see things rationally!

He is blinded by his own warped sense of reality & the version of football in his head which resembles a football manager game.

The reality is we signed Eddie onto a long term contract on £100k pw. We will not be buying someone to keep him on the bench as it will totally undermine him & the management. It's not hard to comprehend this.

I think the majority of fans (me included) would like another striker, but it's very unlikely to happen..

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

So it is still cash right? Leverages is allowed in business what better creditor than your owner?

Sure but people shouldnt make it sound like he is acting like Roman Abramovich. Everything we get from him is added to the clubs debt. When we have CL football again the loans will end btw.

Morning_woody

Nketiah was great end of last season and was super sharp preseason and in early sub appearances. When he knew Jesus would be starting no matter what, he lost motivation and his performances dropped rightly or wrongly.

We’ll be fine, anyone that thinks title race is over because of this are losers. We’re not signing a striker just because Jesus is out till March btw, this isn’t fifa. Players step up when these things happen, don’t doubt nketiah.

Anyone who thinks that we can remain in the titel race with Nketiah as the only CF in the squad until march must be on some strong antidepressants.

Last season we failed to qualify for the Champions League with Eddie up front and Lacazette on the bench , so how the f**k are we going to stay in title race with Eddie up front and 0 other CF's on the bench this time around !? 😂

Go rewatch this seasons away game at Stamford Bridge and ask yourself if Nketiah can dish out a performance like Jesus that day - those kind of games and performances are the reason why we are 5 points clear of City. We won't be in any title race by March with Eddie as the only CF.

We should go after CF 's who can also play as wingers - like João Felix from Atletico Madrid. We shouldn't cheap out now as it didn't work out well for us last time around and missing the Champions League this season would be disastrous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom