• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Go back to infantilization then or whatever term for identity removal works out for you

I agree with you anyway, almost nothing about it relates to football.

If you want more conspiracies, this whole thing seems like an attempt to avoid discussion of his subpar world cup performances. Go back a couple of pages and is a moderator on Snack Media's payroll who started this debate.
I can get behind this conspiracy. Rumour has it the mods all got inflation busting payrises this year after threatening to go on strike and letting us all loose.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I might need a recap. As it stands now I think the media has an evil agenda to portray saka as wholesome, guys that like saka have an agenda to use his baby face as a weapon if his performances go south, the haters have an agenda to extrapolate his baby face to “on the pitch moisture” (?) and Kante is not a good example of anything.

lol imagine being dismissive and sarcastic about something you clearly do not understand which you admitted.

There's no issue anyways, was just an observation (backed with examples) and it's ultimately up to Saka whether he's fine with it as he grows older.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

lol imagine being dismissive and sarcastic about something you clearly do not understand which you admitted.

There's no issue anyways, was just an observation (backed with examples) and it's ultimately up to Saka whether he's fine with it as he grows older.
It’s not that so much, I just genuinely don’t think this discussion would have got as much traction if arsenal was actually playing games. Apologies if my attempts at humour came off as insulting…

I’m just really starved of football tbh… managed to just about get by when there was a WC game every day but now I’m in a state.

1670455690405.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You guys are overthinking it.
You don’t get to say this unless you’re part of a group that can identify with these kind of things, my guess is that you’re not hence why you’re super confused.

“You’re overthinking it” is a classic HR/Colleague etc. response that many have been met with with. It’s okay it’s just a topic that shouldn’t be discussed on a football corum.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

So which bit are you worried about exactly?

You could do a better job of explaining your self tbh

samspade

You don’t get to say this unless you’re part of a group that can identify with these kind KD things :lol:

“You’re overthinking it” is a classic HR response that many have been plagued with. It’s okay it’s just a topic that shouldn’t be discussed on a football corum.
What does KD mean?

What specifically are your concerned/annoyed about? Treat me like the ***** I am and explain it to me simply

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

So which bit are you worried about exactly?

You could do a better job of explaining your self tbh

Nah @Nacho was the only guy that actually did acquit himself very clearly on this:

However, when you see many praise him for being a boy scout, a few of us who know the other side wonder what if he isn't as good anymore? what if he stops this good boy image? but yeah whilst he's a good boy and one of the best young players around all good.

I agree with this entirely. I do also think it’s just part of the deal of leading a life in the public eye though… Bukayo is not the first to have to deal with it and won’t be the last.

No idea what @Trilly is on about though. He’s making it sound like there’s some elite “KD” club I’m not a part of 😭

Although I suspect what he actually means is I’m from a different generation where we don’t get all worked about random ****…

1670456323566.gif

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What does KD mean?

What specifically are your concerned/annoyed about? Treat me like the **** I am and explain it to me simply
Was a typo.

Concerned/annoyed are strong words, it’s more something you notice and have a cynical laugh at as things could be worse.

@Tir Na Nog ’s post earlier sums it up really and Kante is a great example. There’s a way you’re “supposed” to behave as a black footballer and when you conform to it you’re basically treated like a “good good boy” when you don’t you’re treated like Pogba/Sterling/Rashford and so on. It’s strong “you’re one of the good ones” type energy.

You don’t have to agree, most will be completely unaware of it but it’s a thing. Take AG getting involved as a sign if you must, it’s nothing to do with hating on Saka. I’ve tried to stay out of it anyway because people will assume it is.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You don’t get to say this unless you’re part of a group that can identify with these kind of things, my guess is that you’re not hence why you’re super confused.

“You’re overthinking it” is a classic HR/Colleague etc. response that many have been met with with. It’s okay it’s just a topic that shouldn’t be discussed on a football corum.

People think we’re complaining but if Saka wanted to break the wholesome image it’s a very easy thing for him to do.

Nose piercing, dye his hair blonde, some of these guys getting defensive will prob turn on him :lol:

It’s interesting, Foden is married I think? Definitely has kids, cheats when he’s abroad, has his mum fight his scuffles on his behalf… sounds like a piece of **** really but look - he’s on the same international stage as Saka.

Ask City fans if they would swap Foden for Saka they would laugh. No one will make him conform either.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Was a typo.

Concerned/annoyed are strong words, it’s more something you notice and have a cynical laugh at as things could be worse.

@Tir Na Nog ’s post earlier sums it up really and Kante is a great example. There’s a way you’re “supposed” to behave as a black footballer and when you conform to it you’re basically treated like a “good good boy” when you don’t you’re treated like Pogba/Sterling/Rashford and so on. It’s strong “you’re one of the good ones” type energy.

You don’t have to agree, most will be completely unaware of it but it’s a thing. Take AG getting involved as a sign if you must, it’s nothing to do with hating on Saka. I’ve tried to stay out of it anyway because people will assume it is.
Why couldn’t you just lead with this FFS

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

People think we’re complaining but if Saka wanted to break the wholesome image it’s a very easy thing for him to do.

Nose piercing, dye his hair blonde, some of these guys getting defensive will prob turn on him :lol:

It’s interesting, Foden is married I think? Definitely has kids, cheats when he’s abroad, has his mum fight his scuffles on his behalf… sounds like a piece of **** really but look - he’s on the same international stage as Saka.

Ask City fans if they would swap Foden for Saka they would laugh. The good guy stuff is overblown you don’t have to be a Saint to be top level in this game.
I’ll be real I’m not really bothered on if he wants to change the image, I’m sure he wouldn’t allow himself to be restrained by that.

It’s just something that you guys pointed out and I defo agreed with, the whole David Beckham thing today is clear confirmation imo and it’s just sad really.

I don’t really know where to go from here, it’s not a bad thing for him but the wider issue, particularly the flipside for players who aren’t as “wholesome” is sad tbh.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Was a typo.

I don't think all those pundits and footballers saying they want Saka to date their daughters see him as a dog, but what do I know. Maybe they are into bestiality.

samspade

Was a typo.

@Tir Na Nog ’s post earlier sums it up really and Kante is a great example. There’s a way you’re “supposed” to behave as a black footballer and when you conform to it you’re basically treated like a “good good boy” when you don’t you’re treated like Pogba/Sterling/Rashford and so on.

It’s strong “you’re one of the good ones” type energy.

You don’t have to agree, most will be completely unaware of it but it’s a thing. Take A__G getting involved as a sign if you must, it’s nothing to do with hating on Saka.
So I was right in my earlier response to nacho then. I agree, it’s a problem.

It’s interesting for me because I don’t like arrogance or overt displays of power and wealth, so I have natural dislike for anybody who fits the bill. But I definitely notice a difference in the way that sections of the media treat black people who do it vs white people.

I’m just going to say it because, I think it does have an effect on how you experience the world. I’m half white and half Indian, so that’s my background if you care to take what I say at face value. I’ve experienced racism a few times in my life, mainly at school, but not enough for it to ever really feature in my mind on a daily basis.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I’ll be real I’m not really bothered on if he wants to change the image, I’m sure he wouldn’t allow himself to be restrained by that.

It’s just something that you guys pointed out and I defo agreed with, the whole David Beckham thing today is clear confirmation imo.

I don’t really know where to go from here, it’s not a bad thing for him but the wider issue, particularly the flipside for players who aren’t as “wholesome” is sad tbh.

I think if it helps him get the bag and endorsements he will happily continue to be himself he’s not dumb. He’s not an abnormally good boy I’m sure his actual looks have a lot to do with it. I think Anthony Joshua meltdown is end game lol.

Like I say it’s not a problem per say, it’s what it is really. You can tell some take for granted that they have been called sir in the bank or out and about and have never thought twice about it.

Geofranco

Ask City fans if they would swap Foden for Saka they would laugh. No one will make him conform either.
City fans won't exchange Saka for Foden because he is from their academy and they believe he is a better talent lol. Why the **** would Saka get a nose piercing or dye his hair if he doesn't want to? To prove a point to weirdos on here that the media will turn on him? You talk about individuality and you're pressed that Saka is a wholesome well rounded person from a good home? Saka acts the way a young man with his head screwed on straight would, I doubt he cares about the media agendas, it's his family and friends that count.

samspade

Like I say it’s not a problem per say, it’s what it is really. You can tell some take for granted that they have been called sir in the bank or out and about and have never thought twice about it.
I do think you gents could’ve explained yourselves better tho. I know it sounds patronising but it’s much harder to understand and causes this whole extra drama if it’s not said clearly imo

Geofranco

I think if it helps him get the bag and endorsements he will happily continue to be himself he’s not dumb. He’s not an abnormally good boy I’m sure his actual looks have a lot to do with it. I think Anthony Joshua meltdown is end game lol.

Anthony Joshua was never a good boy. Dude was out in dem streets till he found boxing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom