• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

This kid is just clinical with everything he does. Such a good first touch and makes good decisions on the ball. Quick mind and quick feet. Honestly I can see some of the Wilshere comparison. He is a Nelson and Wilshere mix lol. Makes sense that our next special talent is a mix of the two most talented prospects in the academy in the last 15 years.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

This kid is just clinical with everything he does. Such a good first touch and makes good decisions on the ball. Quick mind and quick feet. Honestly I can see some of the Wilshere comparison. He is a Nelson and Wilshere mix lol. Makes sense that our next special talent is a mix of the two most talented prospects in the academy in the last 15 years.
My lord. He and Myles Lewis-Skelly are just ridiculously good. England keeps producing players like this it's not gonna be fair at some point, if they learn how to hire a non-clueless manager.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why’s he not in Dubai? Lewis Skelly and Matt Smith are.
I would assume because there are quite a few other fringe first teamers and u21s ahead of him currently. Ødegaard and Vieira both still being there for example blocks Nwaneri to a degree. You could argue for having him ahead of the likes of Butler-Oyedeji and Cozier-Duberry but both of those players have been in very good form.

I'm not reading too much into it right now. He is arguably our biggest talent for sure but he is FIFTEEN. If making your PL debut and being made an U21 regular as a schoolboy at 15 (something we didn't even do with Yunus Musah) isn't enough then nothing we do would keep him short of making him a 1st team regular at 15.

Besides, Lewis-Skelly is just as big a talent and would have been where Nwaneri is had he not gotten injured at the start of the season. He also deserves his brief look-in. Let's see how it plays out first.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine the money Boehly is throwing at these two, their strategy is to go after all the best young talent apparently.

Rumours from Germany that Per is jumping ship to the DFB. They want him to fix the national team.

Not good having an important figure just halfway doing their job when we need our players to sign that thing. I bet Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri feel ignored which is the worst thing that could happen with all the big sharks sniffing around.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's looking extremely grim for us at the moment, ain't it? Zero confidence in Edu and Mertesacker to do the job this time.
That's what football is gonna be about (if it already isn't). Edu and Mert need to be on their knees in front of some schoolboys.

We've had that with Hutchinson, hope he gets a career ending injury and flips burgers at Mcdonald's for the rest of his life

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
That's what football is gonna be about (if it already isn't). Edu and Mert need to be on their knees in front of some schoolboys.

We've had that with Hutchinson, hope he gets a career ending injury and flips burgers at Mcdonald's for the rest of his life
Hutchinson was good, but wasn't the type of talent you lose sleep over not staying. Kinda like a girl who is ****able, but you are not really pressed about hitting.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Imagine the money Boehly is throwing at these two, their strategy is to go after all the best young talent apparently.
I still think they'll stay here. They're already being given concrete opportunities in a 1st team environment far earlier than every major prospect we've had since Jack Wilshere (maybe not competitive but the Lyon match was highly encouraging), plus we have a midfield that mostly has peak aged players who'll soon enough be winding down, so further opportunities will be there within the next few years. Money is not going to be as much of an obstacle to us, given we're paying Flo Balogun 40k a week with only his 2nd pro deal and less than 50 league appearances under his belt.

Arteta, Edu and Per definitely KNOW what they've got right now with these two, I don't see them dropping the ball on this one. I remain confident. I think a fair few of these lads will be squad guys in a few years tbh. Cozier-Duberry looks the business; Sousa (technically not Hale End) looks ready for first team games aswell. Think we're managing this batch a bit better than I anticipated we would under this regime. It's asking for a bit much, but in a perfect world, they'd be getting a bit more competitive experience than they're currently getting - Arteta is protecting them maybe a bit too much but it's a minor quibble especially when the team is performing as well as they have been.

As a side note - with all due respect to Hutchinson, a player I rate pretty highly and arguably believe should have had an actual opportunity to play for us last season, not only was his decision to leave hasty and ill-judged owing to his lack of first team football this season, but Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly are bigger prospects and I'd argue it's not close. These guys look like first team players already. They look like stars in the U21 team already and they only just got there (so did Hutchinson but he at least had a whole season of U18 football behind him and he was already 17). Unlike @Maybe :lol: - I genuinely hope it actually works out for him, but he'll need to take a step down IMO to do it. It's not gonna be at Chelsea and I think he's naive to think it would have been better for him there than it would have at Arsenal. At least Per would have had a loan lined up.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom