• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's a good question. I'd take Nacho any day over personally, but he's done more than Tierney by default in appearances and league finishes at the club. Updated:

Cole >>>>>> Nacho >>>>> Clichy>>>>>>> Tierney/Zinchenko (still to play for with these two).

Yeah agree on that. Clichy was aggressively ok.

Level below Cole and Monreal but the guy was consistent.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Where we putting the wizard Santos is the real question.

In defence of the GOAT Brazilian LB he had games where he went absolute God mode going forwards.

Those West Brom and Chelsea games I thought Roberto Carlos had come out of retirement 🔥

Yes he couldn’t defend and he swapped shirts with RVP at half time but I’ve never seen the random 10/10 games from KT or Zinny.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

In defence of the GOAT Brazilian LB he had games where he went absolute God mode going forwards.

Those West Brom and Chelsea games I thought Roberto Carlos had come out of retirement 🔥

Yes he couldn’t defend and he swapped shirts with RVP at half time but I’ve never seen the random 10/10 games from KT or Zinny.

He was a b*m but when he had a good game it was a fantastic game.

I remember many calling Wenger to play him further forward and he never did which was a bit of shame. One thing I liked was the club got him out pretty quickly when it was clear he was a bit of a joke.

1. Cole
2. Nacho
3. Clichy
4. KT/Zinny (could climb)
5. Tavares
6. Santos

Tavares and Santos could be swapped?
@Riou when you see this where is Giovanni van Brockhorst going?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was a b*m but when he had a good game it was a fantastic game.

I remember many calling Wenger to play him further forward and he never did which was a bit of shame. One thing I liked was the club got him out pretty quickly when it was clear he was a bit of a joke.

Cole >>> Nacho >>> Clichy>>>>Tierney/Zinchenko (could climb) >>>>> Tavares >>>>>>> Santos

Tavares and Santos could be swapped?
@Riou when you see this where is Giovanni van Brockhorst going?

If we had a better LCB than Vermaelen who could actually cover a rampaging full back it would’ve worked.

Was such a dead group of CBs back then. Guys like Koscielny and Per who would collapse mentally in the spotlight.

Had to rely on your dead cardio warriors like Gibbo because any flair LB would get ruined. What’s happening to Trent now that van Dijk and Henderson are falling off.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If we had a better LCB than Vermaelen who could actually cover a rampaging full back it would’ve worked.

Was such a dead group of CBs back then. Guys like Koscielny and Per who would collapse mentally in the spotlight.

Had to rely on your dead cardio warriors like Gibbo because any flair LB would get ruined. What’s happening to Trent now that van Dijk and Henderson are falling off.

Forgot about Gibbs. Bloody hell Wenger :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

1. Cole
2. Nacho
3. Clichy
4. KT/Zinny (should climb)
5. Gibbs
6. Tavares
7. Santos

Checked Gio's appearances for Arsenal on google, turns out he didn't have that many appearances at LB despite me remembering him playing there for Arsenal. Must have been his Barca and NT appearances.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. Cole
2. Nacho
3. Clichy
4. KT/Zinny (should climb)
5. Gibbs
6. Tavares
7. Santos

Checked Gio's appearances for Arsenal on google, turns out he didn't have that many appearances at LB despite me remembering him playing there for Arsenal. Must have been his Barca and NT appearances.

Pretty spot on, the only Q for me would be Clichy against Tierney. Clichy has the better body of work, especially in the PL, but I think people forget how good KT was in the 2020 cup win, even basically got an assist for the first Auba goal. Can’t really remember Clichy performing to that level to win the club a trophy.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pretty spot on, the only Q for me would be Clichy against Tierney. Clichy has the better body of work, especially in the PL, but I think people forget how good KT was in the 2020 cup win, even basically got an assist for the first Auba goal. Can’t really remember Clichy performing to that level to win the club a trophy.

Depending on what's a achieved this season, I think Tierney could possibly leap frog a couple of these guys. Even if he's not first choice.

I kept it to Arsenal anyways, but like you say Clicly's overall body of work in the Prem is pretty good going even if you question his importance.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depending on what's a achieved this season, I think Tierney could possibly leap frog a couple of these guys. Even if he's not first choice.

I kept it to Arsenal anyways, but like you say Clicly's overall body of work in the Prem is pretty good going even if you question his importance.

Definitely think Clichy has been underrated as times gone on though. Think the Clichy and Sagna as fullback pairing was second maybe only to Cole and Ivanovic as a fullback pairing in the league in the late 2010’s.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Nacho

Yeah, Gio is a weird one...was a quality midfielder for Rangers and then a quality fullback for Barcelona, but kinda in-between that here.

Was a very good player, just wasn't meant to be...got his bad knee injury just as he was establishing himself too, shame.

Was back when we had some financial muscle too, so we didn't have to wait for our good players to get fit due to lack of options....Wenger would be like...

"Oh Gio, you're back, good to see you... anyway, Cole is the best leftback in the world now and we just bought Gilberto Silva...so yeah, good luck with that I guess!"

Would have Slyvinho on that left back list though, he was amazing for 18 months.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

See? Tierney is rated pretty highly in terms of Arsenal LB lore it's really fitness and achieving top 4 and above that has stopped him from comfortably getting top 3.

Now to work out where Winterburn is in the convo but you got to cut it off somewhere and I cba. My point was Tierney I think is fairly rated overall by the sane, especially when you narrow it down to the Emirates years.

We've seen how the forum is when it doesn't rate a player, so instead of crying or accusing tame/troll posts of being abusive maybe discuss it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1. Cole
2. Monreal
3. Clichy
4. Tierney (Kieran can move up)
5. Slyvinho

... that's the top 5 I have seen.

Quite funny how I think Slyvinho would have been first (definitely second), if Cole didn't come along and end his career so soon, but he is last because of that...weird how things work out, thought he was superb.

Gio didn't really play enough in any position despite how good he was to make the list, shows how good Ashley was to see off such great competition.

And Zinchenko has only been here 5 mins ( and been injured for 4 of them 😅 ) so he isn't there for me yet.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

And Zinchenko has only been here 5 mins ( and been injured for 4 of them 😅 ) so he isn't there for me yet.

Yeah I put Zinchenko in out of politeness really and the fact that he is currently ahead of Tierney for now which started some of the groaning in here in the first place.

We will see where he ends up though, all to play for with him and KT.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom