• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
See? Tierney is rated pretty highly in terms of Arsenal LB lore it's really fitness and achieving top 4 and above that has stopped him from comfortably getting top 3.

Now to work out where Winterburn is in the convo but you got to cut it off somewhere and I cba. My point was Tierney I think is fairly rated overall by the sane, especially when you narrow it down to the Emirates years.

We've seen how the forum is when it doesn't rate a player, so instead of crying or accusing tame/troll posts of being abusive maybe discuss it.

Winterburn is definitely second, a starter in 3 league wins has to be respected even if you didn't watch him.

Only saw him in the legends Milan match myself, but his fitness levels at near 60 were kinda insane...must have been some player for us in the 1990s.

ragnarock

I know it's pre-season but.. if someone told you this was Zinny you'd probably believe them, he still looks a bit awkward but some seriously good stuff in here.

Was really excited reading that. Really like Kieran and hate to have such a good player wasted due to a change in system. But that video didn’t do it for me…

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hey hey hey I am not the unhappy customer here I didn't even watch it. You made it sound gassed though, but I knew better than to watch Tierney highlights.
More your thing:
FAGu670VQAcuxq_.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Winterburn is definitely second, a starter in 3 league wins has to be respected even if you didn't watch him.

Only saw him in the legends Milan match myself, but his fitness levels at near 60 were kinda insane...must have been some player for us in the 1990s.
Was young but most games I remember he was awful on the ball, good defender though.

Nacho 100% ahead of Tierney, bit insulting to Nacho the comparison he's ahead in every single department. Zinchenko is a non-entity at this point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was young but most games I remember he was awful on the ball, good defender though.

Loved how he could randomly smash one into the top corner though, that winner v Chelsea in 97/98 is amazing!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nacho 100% ahead of Tierney, bit insulting to Nacho the comparison he's ahead in every single department. Zinchenko is a non-entity at this point.

Swear @Riou is younger than me and Winterburn was retired by the time I started watching football.

bergholt

Yeah I only came in for the last few years of Winterburn's career but the game was so different then it's hard to compare, LB in a direct-playing 4-4-2 isn't comparable with inverted ball-playing FBs or constantly overlapping wing-backs.

But also he wasn't considered the best in the league like Cole was, guys like Denis Irwin or Graeme Le Saux were comfortably ahead of him. Adams and Dixon were the stars of that backline with Keown and Bould and Winterburn being good but not great.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah I only came in for the last few years of Winterburn's career but the game was so different then it's hard to compare, LB in a direct-playing 4-4-2 isn't comparable with inverted ball-playing FBs or constantly overlapping wing-backs.

But also he wasn't considered the best in the league like Cole was, guys like Denis Irwin or Graeme Le Saux were comfortably ahead of him. Adams and Dixon were the stars of that backline with Keown and Bould and Winterburn being good but not great.
Absolute rubbish !!! They were all great.

Adams obviously the fulcrum, but how can you call any of them just 'good', when you admit you only came in for last few years of Winterburns career..

They are all multiple trophy winners covering 3 decades ffs ! That's league titles, & domestic & European trophies.

Most fans would recognise all players were as important as each in that defensive unit.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Graeme Le Saux was a complete thundercunt.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
KT could be a Nacho for us just needs to stay fit more tbh. Zinny idk he’s not even a fullback tbh, he plays there cos we’re living in Pepworld now but he’s a midfielder really.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom