• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 0 Newcastle | Tuesday 3rd, January | KO: 19:45 BST Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Newcastle.jpg

This is arguably the most difficult fixture in the league atm so we have to be at our very best. But they're essentially beatable. We're not the same team they slapped 3-0 at the backend of last season. We've taken giant strides since then. Thankfully, this fixture is at home.

Newcastle are a good team but with all due respect, were levels above them.

Their tactics have always been to suck teams in, force them to make mistakes am and then break break forward with pace. But we're a very technically secure team. I back us not to lose possession in dangerous areas tbh.

Screenshot-20230101-082637.png

Screenshot-20230101-082656.png

Screenshot-20230101-082715.png

Screenshot-20230101-082735.png

2ae4475e-bc7d-40f7-9ec4-826abe9943f4.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nothing to be ashamed of tonight folks, we played football, especially in the second half.

They were all set to bully us and set up counter attacks, and they couldnt do that. We didnt have our shooting boots on to take advantage of the tight moments. But we were also robbed of at least a penalty as well.

Lets boost our bench options now with at least one incoming, and prep for Sp**s. It will be more of the same of this defensive small team **** over the next 2 games.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What does fans showing up with no shirts on prove exactly?

It doesn't inspire your team, it just embarrasses your family having to see your fat ****ing stomach in HD on Sky Sports.
Your first mistake is thinking that Geordies feel embarrassment. If they did, you'd never hear them speak. Those fat f*cks are the toast of their little inbred village because they have double digit teeth.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's how every lesser time has tried to play Arsenal for the last 25 years. It's not novel or new. Teams have tried it this season. The notion that this is some sort of blueprint because a good defensive team was able to waste time and didn't get called for 2 stonewall penalties is daft. We'll be back to smacking around lesser clubs again in short order, starting with the ****.

Not necessarily, more recently it was more common with the likes of Burnley, Stoke and relegation fodder when they come to the Emirates. Some teams haven’t respected us like they are this season and have tried to win the game at the Emirates.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Whats crazy is they were running on fumes and Willock had to come off injured. Another month or 2 of matches and teams wont be able to move out of their own half after 60 minutes against us.
Yes Joelinton too was cramping too longstaff was tired don't think alot of teams have players with that workrate

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I hate to say it, because i love Xhaka, but this is the sort of game where we needed a different profile. When Zinchenko dropped in to cm, dictating play with Partey, Xhaka was almost redundant. This is where we need a more dynamic dribbler, one who can attack the wing, but also the box.

Idk, Xhaka took up great positions towards the end and ended up doing quite well. The biggest issue looking inwards today was Ødegaard being completely off the boil but he’s flavour of the month so gets a pass.

I don’t think it’s right for us to pin this result on any of our players tbh. I know it’s AMs preferred coping mechanism and that. Can’t expect 9/10 from them all day everyday, doesn’t work like that. We didn’t win today because of our bench. And the refs but that’s by the by.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This game highlighted quite well how valuable G.Jesus is for Arsenal. Nketiah is a good striker, but he simply isn't that good at stretching the defence and moving in and around in the opposition box. This is one of the reasons I wish that Arsenal goes for Felix even if it is an expensive loan.
Yeah, when Martinelli was being shut out, Jesus used to come get the ball on the edge of the box, turn and drive at the goal leaving defenders collapsed all over the place with his footwork. I feel he wouldve burnt Schar alone about 5-6 times tonight. Trippier did a great job but he didnt have Jesus standing 2 yards behind ready to collect the ball.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Imagine Joao Felix winning headers and being positionally sound in a double pivot.

ESR or Felix as an 8 looks good on paper, but we need a 2 way athletic player there. Bellingham all over.
Is not a double pivot man, read the game ... Obviously Zinchenko would be there with Partey and Felix playing as cam there with his right foot getting chances outside the box. You don't need to sub a player for someone identically the same and keep the exact formation.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He created our one and only clear cut chance for Eddie.
Right, maybe re-read what I said. He had a decent match (including that chance) BUT Zinny delivered the ball to him several times in space between the lines which is very very fkin hard to do. If you get the ball in that position in that space you should be doing more with it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You've been talking nonsense, in this match thread, second time Im coming across one of your "pearls".

First we were about to crumble, now we are going to be found short.

Do me a favour...

Damn man, just trying to get all my worry out of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom