• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 0 Newcastle | Tuesday 3rd, January | KO: 19:45 BST Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Newcastle.jpg

This is arguably the most difficult fixture in the league atm so we have to be at our very best. But they're essentially beatable. We're not the same team they slapped 3-0 at the backend of last season. We've taken giant strides since then. Thankfully, this fixture is at home.

Newcastle are a good team but with all due respect, were levels above them.

Their tactics have always been to suck teams in, force them to make mistakes am and then break break forward with pace. But we're a very technically secure team. I back us not to lose possession in dangerous areas tbh.

Screenshot-20230101-082637.png

Screenshot-20230101-082656.png

Screenshot-20230101-082715.png

Screenshot-20230101-082735.png

2ae4475e-bc7d-40f7-9ec4-826abe9943f4.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Yeah and Zinny was fantastic at it. Saka delivering the ball is a very different position to Ødegaard is very different from Zinny delviering the ball to Xhaka from the left side of midfield. I dont have time to go watch the match again but Im not sure where Ødegaard was standing if Saka was 'double teamed' and he wasnt available for a pass while standing on the right side of the field in the final third.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Fk Newcastle those ****

Yeah I need to re watch but honestly I’m not sure I can bring myself to it. From memory Ødegaard was behind the play mostly when Saka got the ball. Which tbf may have been instructed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying you personally. There were several pundits going with the blueprint narrative as well. My point is that we didn't even lose the match and should have won the match. Our football didn't suffer, we dominated possession and it took the dark arts, referees and our own profligacy in front of the goal for them to get a point, therefore I have no real worry about less talented teams than Newcastle trying to employ the same pathetic tactics because they are less suited to do so and it was more a case of us not winning today than them preventing us winning.

Cool. My only concern is the two teams we’re facing next in the PL are both excellent at this type of sh*thousery. Sp**s and Utd will set up in an identical way to Newcastle, so the onus will be on us to get the first goal to avoid a similar situation to tonight.

Both Sp**s and Utd are obviously inferior defensively to Newcastle but against these sides we have to take our chances. Not too sure how both of those games will go tbh judging it on how things went tonight.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta speaking to Sky Sports: "Extremely proud of my players. The way we played, dominated the game, tried and continued to control the game. We needed that spark in the final third. We had so many situations. And when had two scandalous penalties.

"There were two penalties. It's very simple. I'm talking about what I've seen. It was two scandolous penalties. I'm so proud of the work we have done.

"I think we lacked an extra touch or movement to finish these chances in this game.

"Newcastle wanted to set-up like this. It is not the way they play. They have not set-up like this against anyone else.

"When you cannot win you cannot lose and we kept a clean sheet and had a really good performance. Now we go again. I wanted to win the game are we drew it. We should have done some things better in the final third and we should have had two penalties to win the game."

Options on the bench and transfers: "We had what we had. We have some injuries as well and attacking areas we don't have that many options but it is what it is. That's something we always try to do to improve our team and every window is important."

Buhry

Established Member

Today shows why we need signings and want mudryk, we were in dire need of some attacking subs but had no one on the bench that Arteta trusted to make a difference. Xhaka probably should have been subbed after 50 mins, martinelli and ødegaard weren't playing well, etc but we have nothing. No trust in Vieira apparently, not suprised though seeing how he played the last time he got subbed on in the league.
Newcastle play some proper destructive football and shame on the ref for letting them get away with all the timewasting bs, should have VAR checked the pull on gab and the last minute handball too. Not sure if it should have been given but should have at least checked both.

Especially the 2 min added time in first half was a disgrace, Joelinton alone was down long enough for Arteta to do a proper pep talk ffs.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They have been doing this in loads of games this season. Seem to remember something similar against United and Sp**s

It’s just a joke. So called best sports league in the world and you have a bloke from Rotherham with a stop watch deciding how long each game is? Reduce the match length to 70 mins and have a stop clock or something.

Wounded Healer

The pens would be given if VAR'ed that's exactly why the ref refused to VAR because it would force him to betray his employers and not get his bribe.

Badger_Revenge

Sondergaard: Not a great game by his standards. Got bullied off the ball several times.
Saka: Hemmed by two and often three, but still managed to make some noise out there.
Martinelli: Not really effective against Trippier. Was expecting more out there.
Nketiah: Had his moments and could have won the match, but I think we win this with Jesus in there. This is a good result considering.
Partey: Played a huge role marshalling the Newcastle counter attack and acting as a safe pivot.

Arsenal kept Newcastle on the backfoot most of the match. Howe was forced to turning every foul into a Tripper moment, even if it was within his own half. Otherwise, all the magpie offensive forces had to play defense. It was gonna take a crystal sharp (or lucky) Arsenal performance to score, and it wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom