• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hope to see Trossard tbh. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Partey, Saka and Eddie start though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lol he’s going almost full strength if not full strength.

Get all those Marquinhos and Elneny formations in the bin.

If the likes of Holding, Cedric and co can’t start in these cup games then it’s about time we get rid of them in the summer.

Let them get their PL medal then make a move for regular football.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Would love it if we could rest Partey and Saka in this match. We could rest Saka with the addition of Trossard, but we can't field a competitive midfield without Partey against these lot.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If the likes of Holding, Cedric and co can’t start in these cup games then it’s about time we get rid of them in the summer.

Let them get their PL medal then make a move for regular football.

It's City, Mikel isn't going to disrespect himself or Pep and put out a team that will get humiliated. Furthermore there is a chess match at play here, with a huge psychological advantage to gain.

Fielding a weak team is just waving a white flag and admitting to Pep and them Arsenal's title hopes are finished if someone in the starting 11 is injured, which might not even be the case as Eddie has shown.

Picking the whole squad up from an embarrassment might be a harder job than replacing ONE injured player for 3/4 fixtures.

A lot of guys on here are turning their nose up at the competition and failing to look at the opposition.

arsmntfooty

Player:Partey
0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal
Watched a few bits of Kiwior in Serie A. He’s real good at long balls like Ramsdale into feet of players in final third.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Would love it if we could rest Partey and Saka in this match. We could rest Saka with the addition of Trossard, but we can't field a competitive midfield without Partey against these lot.
Isn't it bad to rest players for 2 weeks when they are playing once a week? Seems unneccesary and bad, they should be focused and playing imo

arsmntfooty

Player:Partey
I really don't mind if we lose this. But I am also pretty sure we will play a really strong team. The only players I see coming in would be Tomy, Tierney or Trossard, but max. 2.

I would love to give a rest to Partey and Saka but almost no chance. Arteta might play with:

Turner
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Ødegaard - Xhaka
Saka - Eddie - Trossard​
I can’t disagree more about Partey. Not worth the risk. If we loose Partey for season because of Injury in FA Cup our season is over, and we end in 3rd or 4th place best. If not loose champions league spot. Popular to think CL is shoe in, but 19 games left. Nothing is guaranteed. One game at a time!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Isn't it bad to rest players for 2 weeks when they are playing once a week? Seems unneccesary and bad, they should be focused and playing imo
Yes, defo. Really important to keep the momentum going. Try to get the win. We need to make winning a habit, across all competitions.

MA08

I can’t disagree more about Partey. Not worth the risk. If we loose Partey for season because of Injury in FA Cup our season is over, and we end in 3rd or 4th place best. If not loose champions league spot. Popular to think CL is shoe in, but 19 games left. Nothing is guaranteed. One game at a time!
Anytime we had an injury under Arteta he has managed to raise the team and players during it. Eddie's improvement started with injury to Lacazette during the run in last season. When Saka went off against Nottingham forest, Nelson came in and scored two goals. I am certain, if we lose Partey, someone will step in. It might make it difficult for us for a few games. But eventually someone will step up.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Anytime we had an injury under Arteta he has managed to raise the team and players during it. Eddie's improvement started with injury to Lacazette during the run in last season. When Saka went off against Nottingham forest, Nelson came in and scored two goals. I am certain, if we lose Partey, someone will step in. It might make it difficult for us for a few games. But eventually someone will step up.

Who is this someone?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Honestly, it's a bit of a small club mentality think we can only compete in one competition. Players can play once a week without getting injured, it's normal practice. You can't assume people are getting injured as soon as they don't play in the PL ffs :lol:. Would be different if it was already in the bag like in CL. Imagine being thomas partey and your coach says "m8 you can't play once a week, you'll get injured". :lol:

Tomb Bombadil

I meant no chance Arteta will rotate Partey out with Lokonga. I would love to rest Partey.

But I don't think we can collapse that hard anymore that we will miss out on CL places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom