• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 517,411
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I still think we will bring one more midfielder in the next few days. And this won't affect a big CM in the summer.
Currently in our midfield, we have Ødegaard, Vieira, ESR, Xhaka, Partey, Patino (in the next season), these names who seem have future in our club.
AMN, Lokonga, Elneny will leave. We needs two more CM/DM. Fabrizio said: "we are exploring some names for the midfield". If one of top priorities name in Edu's list available in this transfer window, Edu will try to get him. If the rumors about Zubimendi is true, it means this guy is one of priorities.
if in the top 3 names, nobody is available, Edu will look at another option with the reasonable price that won't be affect one of the top 3 names in the summer like Rice, Caicedo... The guy like Onana may be in Edu's list, but if he is behinds Rice and he costs £50m, no way Edu will spend a lot money for this guy
By example, Trossard may be the fourth or fifth option behind Mudryk, Diaby, Leao, etc...and i believe we will get a top winger in the summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Surely you also need the player’s consent even if the clause is met? Footballers aren’t indentured slaves, they can choose where they work surely.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Am I the only one not that impressed with Zubimendi?

Good player but I think we need more than that.

He's been class the few games I've seen him. Would love him at Arsenal but I think Barca will get him in the summer to replace Busquets. They've been linked to him for a while.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I mean, if we're paying his release clause we don't need to reach an agreement...?
Obviously a club needs to agree with both the club (release clause) and the player (contract).

To comment on Zubimendi, I haven't heard of this guy before we were linked, but he looks quite solid in highlight videos. Kind of reminds of Marc Roca. I don't see if he's good at beating the press, though, anyone knows? There are of course multiple ways to beat a press and I can see him being solid with his passing under pressure, but it opens a very important extra dimension if a '6' can turn his way out of pressure like Partey, Frenkie or Caqueret, for example (one of the reasons I'm excited by those players).

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely thrilled we got turned down by the lad from Sociedad!!

Not in this life or any other will I be cheering on an Arsenal player whose like nickname is Colloquial Arabic for "My C*ck" :lol:

DuBB

Interesting…

Based on what I’ve seen and read of him coupled with the tidbit about Barca seeing him as Busquet’s heir, this says to me that if both this bid and the Rice rumour are true, Arteta may see Rice as an #8 and Zubi as Partey’s successor.

DuBB

Just watching AC Milan now.. Leao is lazy, whether it’s by design or not but damn, sticks out like a sore thumb.

I said way back during the Mudryk saga when everyone was fawning over Leao that people needed to watch him more because if they did he’d frustrate them and they’d be less in love with him.

I think I said something along the lines of him being so lax and loose technically that he had just as many fluffs and miscues as flashes of magic.

It’s not that he isn’t good or won’t be class, he still should be, but our players right now all seem to be showing just as much effort as they show skill, and Leao is way more skill than effort. He’d stick out like a sore thumb.

Gn1212

I said way back during the Mudryk saga when everyone was fawning over Leao that people needed to watch him more because if they did he’d frustrate them and they’d be less in love with him.

I think I said something along the lines of him being so lax and loose technically that he had just as many fluffs and miscues as flashes of magic.

It’s not that he isn’t good or won’t be class, he still should be, but our players right now all seem to be showing just as much effort as they show skill, and Leao is way more skill than effort. He’d stick out like a sore thumb.
He would so fall out with Arteta.
People don't realize, the guy put less effort in off the ball than a 50 year old Ronaldo in the WC, and he was the one coming on as a sub. 😆

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
With 1 week left of the Transfer Window it's time to pick your fighter for the remaining time.

I bring you A-Moral Kombat.

a-moral-kombat-jpg.12581

Disclaimer: If you were not included in this picture it was 1005% a conscious, intentional and deeply personal decision. And you should feel bad.

Just noticed now that this graphic is the A-M chessboard too as it has 8x8 pieces (users).

I hope @Heskey will explain his ideas behind this 32D galaxy brain mystery :lol:

@Furious as light king, @Yousif Arsenal as light queen
@Rasmi as dark king and @say yes as dark queen

Moving sideways:
Bishops: @sergio_giorgini @Nacho vs. @Oxeki and @GoonerJeeves
Knights: @farzad4daarse @A__G vs. @Tosker and @celestis
Rooks: @drippin @Makingtrax vs. @krackpot @Jasard
Pawns: @DJ_Markstar @Batman @hydrofluoric acid @ExtjExhtts @lomekian @Lady_Gooner @Toby and @2Smokeyy vs.
@field442 @Xln @Taylor Gang Gunners @Camron @bingobob @rich 1990 @samspade and @Jury

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just noticed now that this graphic is the A-M chessboard too as it has 8x8 pieces (users).

I hope @Heskey will explain his ideas behind this 32D galaxy brain mystery :lol:

Moving sideways:
Pawns: @DJ_Markstar @Batman @hydrofluoric acid @ExtjExhtts @lomekian @Lady_Gooner @Toby and @2Smokeyy vs.
@field442 @Xln @Taylor Gang Gunners @Camron @bingobob @rich 1990 @samspade and @Jury
Looked at where all the posters are from on my team, but I couldn’t find a Czech mate.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Moving sideways:

I always suspected @rich 1990 was a pawn albeit an oblivious one to the grand scheme of things.

@Heskey continues to uncover the deeper mysteries of AM :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom