• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

amigo

It's hard not to feel vindicated and gloat when so many dissed Eddie for so long. Those of us who looked at the stats were always sure there was a player there. His goals-per-minute figure and record when he started matches for Arsenal were always elite - people were just ignoring the evidence and concentrating too much on sub appearances and misses. Eddie's game has never been so much as being super clinical and finishing off the single chance that comes to him. It's been about movement being in the right place so getting several quality chances and finishing some -and how many goals do you need in a game to make a difference? So the misses were never as bad as they seemed. All strikers miss chances, even Haaland and Kane too.
Ironically since his dramatic debut in the Carabao cup (when he got two goals against Norwich) Eddie has never seemed to shine from the bench and that is one thing he needs to get better at. Perhaps now he is better integrated with the first team he can be seamlessly rotated with Jesus. Or there can be other attacking combinations with him Martinelli, Trossard Saka And ESR. Promising times ahead.

Fabregasm

It's hard not to feel vindicated and gloat when so many dissed Eddie for so long. Those of us who looked at the stats were always sure there was a player there. His goals-per-minute figure and record when he started matches for Arsenal were always elite - people were just ignoring the evidence and concentrating too much on sub appearances and misses. Eddie's game has never been so much as being super clinical and finishing off the single chance that comes to him. It's been about movement being in the right place so getting several quality chances and finishing some -and how many goals do you need in a game to make a difference? So the misses were never as bad as they seemed. All strikers miss chances, even Haaland and Kane too.
Ironically since his dramatic debut in the Carabao cup (when he got two goals against Norwich) Eddie has never seemed to shine from the bench and that is one thing he needs to get better at. Perhaps now he is better integrated with the first team he can be seamlessly rotated with Jesus. Or there can be other attacking combinations with him Martinelli, Trossard Saka And ESR. Promising times ahead.
In a nutshell based on description he's our new peak Aubameyang

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not great? He scored 5 goals in the last 7 games while Laca had 4 all season with taking pens as well. Imagine if had been playing immediately Auba was banished!
His stats on paper were good but we needed something more that he didn't and couldn't provide at that time. It's more about his overall performance. Back then, when he was subbed on, I never felt convinced that he'd score. Now, he's had more big chances than anyone and is doing the business and he could still be even more clinical. The total player today is completely different to the one this time last year and I'm glad he didn't toil too long in that dysfunctional team

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

His stats on paper were good but we needed something more that he didn't and couldn't provide at that time. It's more about his overall performance. Back then, when he was subbed on, I never felt convinced that he'd score. Now, he's had more big chances than anyone and is doing the business and he could still be even more clinical. The total player today is completely different to the one this time last year and I'm glad he didn't toil too long in that dysfunctional team
Yeah we needed our starting leftback and cdm to stay fit sadly eddie couldnt provide that

TornadoTed

Established Member
Eddie isn't the Jesus clone some want, he certainly doesn't have some of the attributes Jesus brings. However Eddie has things Jesus doesn't and I think it only adds to our options to have strikers with broadly similar but different skill sets.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The total player today is completely different to the one this time last year and I'm glad he didn't toil too long in that dysfunctional team
I don't think he is that much different, the team around him is different and can create more chances for him, which definitely wasn't the case in recent years.

As long as the team is dominating games and creating chances for him, he will do well with goals, but he struggles when he needs to do something on his own and that won't change.

What surprises me is that the team didn't drop it's attacking performance once Jesus got injured, Eddie scoring goals wasn't that unexpected as he was showing that ability already in the past

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think he is that much different, the team around him is different and can create more chances for him, which definitely wasn't the case in recent years.

As long as the team is dominating games and creating chances for him, he will do well with goals, but he struggles when he needs to do something on his own and that won't change.

What surprises me is that the team didn't drop it's attacking performance once Jesus got injured, Eddie scoring goals wasn't that unexpected as he was showing that ability already in the past
True that's it's a different and much more cohesive team. His style isn't that different but I think he's more in the box instead of trying to replicate Laca. I wondered if he could be consistent at this level and so far, so good. Reading your post, I thought of Auba and how he would have thrived in this team. I was in two minds about how our attack would perform when Jesus was injured. I knew Ode had the talent but he'd gone missing at times too. I think every player has gone up a level. Agree that Eddie struggles to create on his own but that's pretty much universal with strikers atm. Now at least, we have a handful of creators and other scorers which alleviates that issue.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s been really good, I loved that header. Still needs to work on his finishing though.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Eddie isn't the Jesus clone some want, he certainly doesn't have some of the attributes Jesus brings. However Eddie has things Jesus doesn't and I think it only adds to our options to have strikers with broadly similar but different skill sets.
Only thing Eddie has over Jesus is better poachers instincts around the box. I think everything else goes to Jesus. He is better at hold up play, better at linking up, better at dribbling in tight spaces, better at pressing from the front, just as dangerous with his movement and better conditioning.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
IMG-20230127-WA0034.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Toiled today, definitely found it harder without Ødegaard to bounce off. He normally has a decent chemistry with Vieira from the little they've played together but with little space and Vieira not quite sharp enough, was tough for Eddie to get a proper chance at goal, which was unfortunate. He'll have better days, needs a bounce back vs Everton next weekend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom