• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 514,803
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

Sounds like gervinhio

Nothing like Gervinho, actually.

Gervinho was at times a clumsy player, one who frustrated yes, but when he got the ball you never got the feeling that he wasn't going to try. He always tried. Its just that he failed more than he succeeded in what he tried.

Leao is different.

Picture all the times that Martinelli gets the ball in 1-v-1's on the touchline. Sometimes up to 10+ times a game. And it's not by luck, it's by design, intelligence and willingness. As much as people complain that he puts his head down or whatever, the one thing you can't say about him is that he's going to attack his man at every opportunity, and everything he does before getting the ball is to ensure that he's possibly in a 1-v-1. You can rarely think of a time where Martinelli was behind the pace of the game, or not switched on. Same with Saka. They're always on.

But Leao isn't always on. And that's what will frustrate fans. We'll be in a counter or on the press, and there will be 3 times in a game where Ode or Xhaka looks up and is ready to let the left-sided player go to take advantage of an overload, and Leao either won't be ready, or won't be in the right place. And he won't bust his a** to be there, because his attitude is more of a "there'll always be another chance, calm down" rather than "my bad guys, I'll make sure to be there next time."

That's how he's lax. I prefer to use lax than lazy.

Milan are always on BT Sport. I implore people who love Leao to watch 2 Milan games from start to finish and then come back and tell us if they'd throw €100-120m on him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gervinho was at times a clumsy player, one who frustrated yes, but when he got the ball you never got the feeling that he wasn't going to try. He always tried. Its just that he failed more than he succeeded in what he tried.

Leao is different.

Picture all the times that Martinelli gets the ball in 1-v-1's on the touchline. Sometimes up to 10+ times a game. And it's not by luck, it's by design, intelligence and willingness. As much as people complain that he puts his head down or whatever, the one thing you can't say about him is that he's going to attack his man at every opportunity, and everything he does before getting the ball is to ensure that he's possibly in a 1-v-1. You can rarely think of a time where Martinelli was behind the pace of the game, or not switched on. Same with Saka. They're always on.

But Leao isn't always on. And that's what will frustrate fans. We'll be in a counter or on the press, and there will be 3 times in a game where Ode or Xhaka looks up and is ready to let the left-sided player go to take advantage of an overload, and Leao either won't be ready, or won't be in the right place. And he won't bust his a** to be there, because his attitude is more of a "there'll always be another chance, calm down" rather than "my bad guys, I'll make sure to be there next time."

Milan are always on BT Sport. I implore people who love Leao to watch 2 Milan games from start to finish and then come back and tell us if they'd throw €100-120m on him.

He is very lazy, but it is condoned by the manager or even instructed. Thierry Henry was lazy ar Arsenal. He walked around and was told to conserve energy to run with the ball when he had it as he had a limited amount of top speed sprints he could pull off in a match.

When he went to Barca, was he lazy under Pep? Was Etoo lazy at right wing under Mourinho? Was Malouda lazy under Mourinho?

I don't think that lowers his fee. I like Leao, but I like him as a CF. I think he has a lot of potential to be devastating there. As a wide forward he has limitations.

Diesel

He is very lazy, but it is condoned by the manager or even instructed. Thierry Henry was lazy ar Arsenal. He walked around and was told to conserve energy to run with the ball when he had it as he had a limited amount of top speed sprints he could pull off in a match.

When he went to Barca, was he lazy under Pep? Was Etoo lazy at right wing under Mourinho? Was Malouda lazy under Mourinho?

I don't think that lowers his fee. I like Leao, but I like him as a CF. I think he has a lot of potential to be devastating there. As a wide forward he has limitations.
Leao name being thrown in with 2 studs and malouda. Quiet the spectrum and range between henry/eto and malouda.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
our players need to talk about injures don't hide Tierney did the same last season and we screwed because of it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We'll likely get someone on loan or try for someone and pay bit over the odds because we very short in this area depending on Partey and Xhaka in 2nd half of season with europa league kick off in 2 months is just too much the club done well this window only this position remains.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Serie A Love GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Juve in bad situation but they aren't selling Locatelli or Chiesa. don't fall into these reports they'll have new ownership soon

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Leao is different.

You are right, and you saw this during the world cup as well, even during his late cameos. It nags at you when you watch him play. The laid back, and smiling assassin.

Leao has the potential to be an elite player. Pace, close control, strength, ability in the air, intelligence. But, he does have that laid back genius vibe, where he's able to show up and deliver a moment of magic, if he wants to show up, or the moment demands it. It will definitely be an issue for Arteta, who is so focused on the intensity for 95 minutes.

Think we'll look to replace the Mudryk profile with someone not as rounded as Rafa, but has more the attitude to fit in this current team. If Rafa could do that, then we would be so set across our three, with something dangerously different.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I regularly watch Milan and I'd throw 200m on him.

No offence but your post is what's wrong with football fans these days, football is still a sport not just hard work. Are you tuning in to watch players get nutmegged and golazos be scored or for great organisational structure, hard pressing and Restverteidigung?

Leao is definitely a maverick, can be a bit unreliable or rather picks his moments. But he does stuff with the ball literally no one at Arsenal or in the PL can do. He's the same age as Sambi and Nketiah and dragged Milan to their first title in a decade last season as a 21 year old.

Not even just about getting to watch flair and fun players, who actually believes watching Martinelli diligently dribble it out of play for the entirety of the 90 minutes is more likely leading to success than a player who can be inconsistent (which is wildly overstated anyway)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom