• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It’s a bit weird tbh. I accept that the sole ownership has played a part in all this. But I do not accept that the subsequent risks taken by the Kroenkes that almost doomed our club for eternity can be embraced by Arsenal fans just because we’re flying high in the league rn. We had to sit there and watch Sp**s, fkn Sp**s, finish ahead of us for season upon season ffs.

There were plenty of ways the Kroenkes could have played this given they were only a majority, and not a sole owner of the club that would have been way better for both us and for them. They don’t get a pass for all their past failures just because they got lucky in the present.
It's generally far fetched that all actions regarding a business association stretching back more than a decade are determined by the single defining factor of sole ownership. There are always more reasons for these decisions than what meets the eye, to assume otherwise here when we know virtually nothing is a bit ridiculous.

More relevant if the logic of "waiting for sole ownership" were applicable in these cases there would never be any point in sharing ownership with someone else. Either you're making someone else richer or you're burning through your own investment waiting for the other guy to jump off.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Maybe instead of "I don't understand why you get pushback" you could engage with those arguments or just stop sh*tstirring with your snide little indirects?
Mate, give it a rest! I know you are bent out of shape from many of my posts and have some weird internet grudge you seem to want to nurture. And I think @BergMan is handling this well enough himself. I am just cheering him on a bit while he makes his arguments. Sorry if that offends your forum sensibilities...

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Carlos Cuesta, Mikel's assistant speaks 6 languages, has a university degree. He had been the youngest coach at Atletico Madrid and dazzled the directors at Juventus. He offered tactical analysis to Pep Guardiola and went to Porto to study the methods of José Mourinho.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You make good points. But you’ve also missed a very large one: the kroenkes haven’t “invested” money into the club by which I mean put their own money in. It is debt. It has very little to do with the ownership structure of the club unless the club were to be sold, in which case the debt is (always) fulfilled before shareholders get a cent.

They have invested though. It’s come through their loans. They did also refinance the debt in their name so the club doesn’t have to pay interest to the banks. Most owners of football clubs invest using loans. It’s to guarantee their future financial security, in 100 years the club would still owe money to the Kroenke’s (if the club hasn’t been sold). However, there is no (or little) expectation on the club to pay back the loans anytime soon. It’s only if a new owner comes and buys the club then that new owner must also pay back those loans.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don’t understand why you are getting so much pushback on this point. Guess many are so wedded to their historical A-M positions they refuse to accept required adjustments of them.

You think Kroenke's ownership of the club has been good overall? Honest question.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It’s a bit weird tbh. I accept that the sole ownership has played a part in all this. But I do not accept that the subsequent risks taken by the Kroenkes that almost doomed our club for eternity can be embraced by Arsenal fans just because we’re flying high in the league rn. We had to sit there and watch Sp**s, fkn Sp**s, finish ahead of us for season upon season ffs.

There were plenty of ways the Kroenkes could have played this given they were only a majority, and not a sole owner of the club that would have been way better for both us and for them. They don’t get a pass for all their past failures just because they got lucky in the present.

I just don't get the need to make it all about a master plan. They have been horrible majority stakeholders and horrible owners until the very recent past.

The lack of transparency is also an issue for me personally, as we know very little of how they're loaning money to the club, for instance.

Given the nature of a football club, it is in its best interest as an institution to have stuff like that open to fan scrutny.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
In hindsight, it’s a great thing that we ended up with Kroenke rather than Usmanov considering what’s going on now in the world.
In my opinion, their total lack of investment was largely down to them wanting full ownership.

Maybe it’s also a case of Josh taking over from Stan having an impact. The father wants to save money for his future generations but the prodigal son wants to spend on sporting success.

These owners don't just spend for glory and to be liked by a few fans, especially for a club like Arsenal who hasn't won the PL in 20 years. PL win + CL money + huge uplift in shirt sales and commercial deals will account for tens of millions a year in increased revenue. I myself will be buying a new Arsenal shirt from the first time in a while and I'm a stingy bastard at the best of times.

I think a more valid comparison would be something like the father living off his assets vs the son trying to build assets to live off in the future.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
These owners don't just spend for glory and to be liked by a few fans, especially for a club like Arsenal who hasn't won the PL in 20 years. PL win + CL money + huge uplift in shirt sales and commercial deals will account for tens of millions a year in increased revenue. I myself will be buying a new Arsenal shirt from the first time in a while and I'm a stingy bastard at the best of times.

I think a more valid comparison would be something like the father living off his assets vs the son trying to build assets to live off in the future.

That’s the end game of businessmen, innit? To make money.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Mate, give it a rest! I know you are bent out of shape from many of my posts and have some weird internet grudge you seem to want to nurture. And I think @BergMan is handling this well enough himself. I am just cheering him on a bit while he makes his arguments. Sorry if that offends your forum sensibilities...
Why would I hold a grudge? I'm just pulling you up for your cheap trolling and derailing of threads.

Everyone is making their arguments in good faith, even if I don't agree with Bergman's position he's just stating his opinion. Nobody needs your provocations.

say yes

forum master baiter
Özil and to a lesser extent Aubameyang probably didn't respect Arteta enough to just do everything he wanted of them.

Hence the current young and hungry (and some might say sexy @Riou ) squad we have
Attitude aside, they were also both massively overrated on here.

Özil in particular was completely washed and flopped in Turkey, while Auba has now been deemed surplus to requirements at 3 clubs in fewer than 12 months.

A lot of the hate Arteta got was because people couldn’t accept their favourites weren’t up to scratch, but we did well to get rid. When you look at the cohesion of our current squad, to say he has been vindicated is an understatement.

Goonerist

Özil and to a lesser extent Aubameyang probably didn't respect Arteta enough to just do everything he wanted of them.

Hence the current young and hungry (and some might say sexy @Riou ) squad we have
🗣 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on Mikel Arteta: "Big characters and big players...he can't deal with it. He needs some young players who don't say anything."

Imagine, that’s the toxic state of mind towards Arteta that Auba was in at the time .

And how do you think he came up with such a statement? I feel that he consistently read / heard of it from our very own fans commenting on his social media platforms with such statement. Absolutely massaging his ego.

These players are narcissists that believe their own hype. The first time I heard such a statement was during the Emery tenure. Our fans kept piling on saying how he (Emery) couldn’t handle big name players. That’s when Özil was running riot against Emery.

Then enter Arteta, and the same fans turned on him, stating the same thing “Arteta can’t handle big name players, he can only handle soy boys or the young gullible players like Saka, Martinelli, Tierney, ESR, Nketia, Willick etc..

I just think that our fans and media are the ones that encouraged the likes of Özil, Auba, Guendouzi etc to misbehave. Because they constantly bumlicked them on their social medias, always assuring them that the Managers were the problem and not them as individuals. “Don’t worry about your own poor form, underperformances and poor attitude, it’s all Emery and Arteta’s fault. You guys are amazing superstars that are doing us a favour by playing for joke Arsenal football club. We are eternally grateful that you blessed us with your celebrity presence here. We will always be indebted to you our superstar players..”
That Kind of mentality from our fans towards these players definitely encouraged them to dig their feet in hoping that it would be the managers to be gotten rid of again and again,

People would even say that “Emery and Arteta have to first earn Özil and Auba’s respect”. Cringeworthy stuff. 🤦‍♂️🤣

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
People keep saying that Arteta had all this PR / Propaganda machine behind him. Looking back Wenger himself had the same PR / propaganda machine. Isn’t it?

Lets be honest..

I just think that our fans and media are the ones that encouraged the likes of Özil, Auba, Guendouzi etc to misbehave

This is someone's spoof account right? Right?!?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You think Kroenke's ownership of the club has been good overall? Honest question.
I used to absolutely hate them, especially under the later Wenger years as I felt they were too passive and only took money out. I think I referred to Stan K. as a leech. I honestly thought they were the biggest problem.

I now have changed my mind and am less critical. I think the fact that Josh is more involved and seems to want to be a more modern business man than his father is good. I think the real turning point was the Super League debacle. Think they actively are trying to better their relationship with the fans and to be more active with the club. We are bringing in more players and are more active in the transfer market. All which I think are good things. If we critique them when things go badly we need to also praise them when things improve. Only fair I think.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Very Swedish of you
Skål!

drunk drinking GIF

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why would I hold a grudge? I'm just pulling you up for your cheap trolling and derailing of threads.

Everyone is making their arguments in good faith, even if I don't agree with Bergman's position he's just stating his opinion. Nobody needs your provocations.
:lol: Sorry for the "provocation" and "cheap trolling and derailing of threads" by saying I agree with @BergMan and don't understand why he is getting grief for his position on the owners. You are a little bit of A-M's own Richard Keys policing the Arteta thread for correct posting behaviour...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom