• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Raw as hell, not convinced about his technical ceiling being high enough, but in terms of physicality, size, mobility, aggression and bravery, he's top draw, and his positional intelligence is decent for his age. Intriguing because of that extraordinary physical potential, but technique generally doesn't develop hugely once a player hits their 20s.
The sort of punt we should have made when he was at Hamburg for Martinelli money rather than spending 50m on now.

Now if Everton go down and suddenly we're looking at Sambi money, its a different question entirely.

That said, Arteta has demonstrated here and at City that if he 'clicks' with a player, he can accelerate their development.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So I'm confused at the moment. Why isn't Onana good enough? He basically looks like a raw Partey.

Things he is as good as Partey at:

Intercepting
Tackling
Heading
Strength and shielding the ball

Things he is better than Partey at:

Covering ground
Recovery runs
Slide Tackling

Things that he may be good at but are skewed by the rubbish team he is in:

Passing. He can play long passes and he can hit passes between the lines. There are not many lines to hit at Everton. Partey clearly excels here but he literally touched yhe ball over 25 times more than Onana a match. I dont think anyone was raving about Parteys playmaking abilities as a lone 6 when we signed him and it took him a whole season to adapt to the role.The pass at 53 seconds is no joke BTW.

I think he can step a man, he seems pretty press resistant and in a better team he would probably excel. Not sure why he isn't technical enough for us.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Might not be as refined as Partey but I think most fans would sleep a lot better at night knowing there is a competent replacement. Get him in

MA08

I prefer El Neny to him. He is a secure passer which is good in this arsenal team.. may be not that great before we got zinchenko

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I prefer El Neny to him. He is a secure passer which is good in this arsenal team.. may be not that great before we got zinchenko
Onana can pass. He can't run a game like Partey, but he won't lose the ball. With Zinchenko you can get away with losing Parteys offensive ability but also matching it defensively.

Onana is better than Elneny defensively.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If Elneny is injured then we literally need a midfielder no questions, I’d take Onana but not fit 50m that’s pretty steep.

Give Everton Lokonga + 20 million with a further 10 million add-ons if we win the league & a European cup.

He can play in a team that isn't bothered by how lackluster he is & we get him off our books!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Guy looks very physically imposing, don't know enough about his overall game but somehow I feel like he won't be getting bullied any time soon.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

We had a chance to sign kante and signed xhaka. I remember Arsenal fans saying xhaka was DLP and had more to his game than kante. We have enough aesthetically appealing players. What we lack is steal in the middle of the park. The moment Partey is not playing we are just too soft. We really could do with a player of his profile.

:facepalm: :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If he was blonde he would get hated by a large portion of the fan based on here for the colour of his hair.

Those weird anti blonde brigade members.
Blonde racists. Good that you have called them out. Now we can start speculating who rates whose football IQ based on the colour of their hair. It's really bad because blondes receive IQ jokes all the time already.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Elneny is injured then we literally need a midfielder no questions, I’d take Onana but not fit 50m that’s pretty steep.
Everton paid 33,5 million pounds half a year ago, and he has a long contract.

He has performed well instantly in EPL, at a young age, so it's no wonder if Everton want to make a profit.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Everton paid 33,5 million pounds half a year ago, and he has a long contract.

He has performed well instantly in EPL, at a young age, so it's no wonder if Everton want to make a profit.
yep el neny looks injured long term and the fact Arteta is saying openly he wants a midfielder suggest that. He is the best available now and get him to help us win the league

Latest posts+

Top Bottom