• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I reckon the dressing room was pretty tidy, until Arsène showed up like this...

NF-m9S.gif

...and with a bunch of beers, to get the party started.

As you know Wenga knows how to party!

#GoBigWengzOrGoHome

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
See that **** Klopp had a go at Arsène today.

If Jurgen was upfront with the fact he is a massive bellend then I wouldn't really care, but it's the fact he is a sneaky **** behind that fake ****ing smile of his that really annoys me.

He will never have the class about him that Wenger has...

...one has the style of a badman, the other has the style of a binman.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Shame Arsène wasn’t given any money to turn the lights on. 😭

Aubameyang 56m
Lacazette 47m
Özil 42m
Mustafi 35m
Xhaka 34m
Alexis 32m
Chambers 18m
Reyes 17.5m
Perez 17m
Welbeck 16m

Wenger was given enough money, when he wanted it. He just often refused to spend it, especially when it came to defenders/DMs. And one of the reasons was to protect his job. The lesser the expectation, the lesser the pressure to deliver. But let’s not go over this again.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Aubameyang 56m
Lacazette 47m
Özil 42m
Mustafi 35m
Xhaka 34m
Alexis 32m
Chambers 18m
Reyes 17.5m
Perez 17m
Welbeck 16m

Wenger was given enough money, when he wanted it. He just often refused to spend it, especially when it came to defenders/DMs. And one of the reasons was to protect his job. The lesser the expectation, the lesser the pressure to deliver. But let’s not go over this again.

If you believe that absolute horseshit of a theory I don't know what to say. Board members have stated Wenger didn't complain about the paltry restraints on spending plenty of times. Wenger has stated he needed to produce a profit window on window. But go back to believing he chose not to spend because REASONS. FFS

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Aubameyang 56m
Lacazette 47m
Özil 42m
Mustafi 35m
Xhaka 34m
Alexis 32m
Chambers 18m
Reyes 17.5m
Perez 17m
Welbeck 16m

Some absolute bargains there, looking back. But on the flipside some really bad signings. Perez & Mustafi you always sensed he didn't really want but kinda felt forced into buying.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Surely, regardless how you feel about Wenger, you can accept that his work contributed heavily to the creation of the Emirates?

And that it is largely through his work and success that a manager such as Arteta is now able to build the squad that he has?

Wenger set us up for longterm success. Even those who complain(ed) about him leaving behind a bloated squad should be able to say, without contradiction, that regardless of what he left behind in the immediacy, he left the club in a fantastic financial position to push on and succeed at the very highest levels once again.

His influence can hardly be overstated.

I think Wenger struggled to come to terms with the changing face of modern football & the gazillions of pounds involved in it all. He got a bit left behind, but having a lot less cash didnt help his cause. Saying that, we had opportunities in the market that he didnt take. Wasnt it the year Leicester won that we only signed Cech ? We needed another striker & he didnt buy anyone. Who knows, we might have won the title with one more striker. The coin always has 2 sides.

I feel like Arteta is picking up his legacy & running with it now. Long may it continue...

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I think Wenger struggled to come to terms with the changing face of modern football & the gazillions of pounds involved in it all. He got a bit left behind, but having a lot less cash didnt help his cause. Saying that, we had opportunities in the market that he didnt take. Wasnt it the year Leicester won that we only signed Cech ? We needed another striker & he didnt buy anyone. Who knows, we might have won the title with one more striker. The coin always has 2 sides.

I feel like Arteta is picking up his legacy & running with it now. Long may it continue...
And you’re within your rights to feel that way.

There are a lot of different positions and views one can take on Wenger, his time here and particularly towards the end. I know there’s strong feelings in all directions there.

My ultimate point is that regardless of
how you feel about his leaving, whether he should have stayed, should have left sooner, left with a great squad to be inherited, left with a poor squad to be inherited - there is absolutely no question that the current success Arsenal find themselves in is largely down to the influences of Wenger’s stellar career.

He set us up for true longterm success, and we are now beginning to reap the benefits he helped to provide. As far as I’m concerned, our current success IS part of his legacy.

As you say, long may it continue!

Goonerist

If you believe that absolute horseshit of a theory I don't know what to say. Board members have stated Wenger didn't complain about the paltry restraints on spending plenty of times. Wenger has stated he needed to produce a profit window on window. But go back to believing he chose not to spend because REASONS. FFS
But wenger himself said on many occasion that he chose not to spend. That he would only sign players that he thought were quality and would improve the team.
I do feel like he did not want to upset his (Team) grandkids by introducing competition for places for them. Also seems like he was nervous about big money / big ego players...

People keep saying that Arteta had all this PR / Propaganda machine behind him. Looking back Wenger himself had the same PR / propaganda machine. Isn’t it?

Lets be honest..

DasBootist

But wenger himself said on many occasion that he chose not to spend. That he would only sign players that he thought were quality and would improve the team.
I do feel like he did not want to upset his (Team) grandkids by introducing competition for places for them. Also seems like he was nervous about big money / big ego players...

People keep saying that Arteta had all this PR / Propaganda machine behind him. Looking back Wenger himself had the same PR / propaganda machine. Isn’t it?

Lets be honest..
Err, he was probably covering for them as he welcomed the challenge/salary

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Lets be honest..

Sorry to pull a Makingtrax here on someone's burner account, but since Wenger left the club he's been as vocal as he could be that he never had as much money as the press (with the help of a few board members) would have you believe.

Secondly, Wenger hardly ever had the press at his side. The rivalry with Sir Alex made sure of that.

Maybe if the Athletic existed earlier in the Wenger life cycle he would've gotten a couple of long reads on why Chamakh's hair made him more aerodynamic or something (yes, this is hyperbole before anyone asks).

Plenty to criticize or even blame Wenger for without needing to rewrite history.

Goonerist

Address my contentions and worry about if this is a spoof account or not later..

Wenger was not fully a victim. He was part of the PR and propaganda until he got sacked in 2018. I adore wenger but on this “Wenger was the ultimate victim” talk, I don’t fully buy it anymore. I revised my opinion on it since he left. I used to believe it whole heartedly until 2015 when he only signed Petr Cech. I realised that the club and Wenger were playing “Good Cop / Bad Cop” on us.

And I do believe that our fans continually encouraged the likes of Özil and Auba to misbehave by fanboying around them like groupies.. Always blaming the managers and the unfashionable players likes of Giroud, Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny etc for their underperformances.. Our fans always going onto these players social media platforms and absolutely kissing the ring / worshipping. No wonder these players bought into their own hype with the over the top fanboying they recieved on a consistent basis... 🤦

Am I wrong or right?

Top Bottom