• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Something to think about as a lot of people are writing of 21 year old Onana and are very sure about what he can or cannot do.

At 21 Thomas Partey was on loan at struggling Almeria bottom of the league. Around that time he was valued a mere €2.5m.

I don't remember too many talking about a young Partey being this unique player born with that skill set.

Here we have Onana playing PL football and for his country at 21. He's one of the few shining lights at a stinking Everton side.

To think that at 21 he can't learn, develop or improve is ridiculous. If Partey can become his best version after 25-26 surely there's no reason to think that Onana couldn't go up a level or two.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Something to think about as a lot of people are writing of 21 year old Onana and are very sure about what he can or cannot do.

At 21 Thomas Partey was on loan at struggling Almeria bottom of the league. Around that time he was valued a mere €2.5m.

I don't remember too many talking about a young Partey being this unique player born with that skill set.

Here we have Onana playing PL football and for his country at 21. He's one of the few shining lights at a stinking Everton side.

To think that at 21 he can't learn, develop or improve is ridiculous. If Partey can become his best version after 25-26 surely there's no reason to think that Onana couldn't go up a level or two.

Has he really been a shining light though?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
According to Evertonians yes. The fact that figures around double what Everton paid for him are being spoken about may also suggest he's been decent.
Transfer fees are not in any way an indication of anyones real worth. We all know that, but I get what you're getting at. Hes defo a level above relegation team & I do rate him. I reckon he'd be a smart pick up for us. Hes possibly what Teta was hoping Sambi was gonna be 😭

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
If I was a Buenos Aires streetfood vendor, I'd have nightmares knowing you're coming down the road for a bite :lol:
the simpsons jay sherman GIF

your idea of me.

Love it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Transfer fees are not in any way an indication of anyones real worth. We all know that, but I get what you're getting at. Hes defo a level above relegation team & I do rate him. I reckon he'd be a smart pick up for us. Hes possibly what Teta was hoping Sambi was gonna be 😭
My point is if he performed terribly they wouldn't be talking about 60-70m.

Is anyone going to give us double for Sambi?

Would someone pay us 60m for Vieira now?

No. Why? Because they haven't done anything or performed at a level above the price they were bought at. Everton bought Onana for 30m. He's of interest to other clubs. So it's gonna cost more.

Performance has a big impact on transfer fee which is what I said.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good points there. Eddie Nketiah is proof that one can improve. It all depends on whether Arteta feels he can tease that out of him. With respect to Partey, his path cannot quite be compared with Onana’s in that sense. With all due respect to my fellow Ghana peeps, the kind of training and coaching he would have received in Ghana, certainly at that time, is very different from what Onana would’ve received growing up, so Partey entered Europe at a bit of a deficit, relatively. For me it just comes down to whether Arteta and co feel like Onana can play that lone pivot role. I think they’ve earned that trust, though I‘m still waiting to see certain things from Sambi :D .

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

the simpsons jay sherman GIF

your idea of me.

Love it.

Quite fitting of you to choose one of, in my own estimation, the top 25 Simpson episodes.

It's placement in pop culture folklore is guaranteed alone for giving us "Boourns!" :lol:

daron christie

Good points there. Eddie Nketiah is proof that one can improve. It all depends on whether Arteta feels he can tease that out of him. With respect to Partey, his path cannot quite be compared with Onana’s in that sense. With all due respect to my fellow Ghana peeps, the kind of training and coaching he would have received in Ghana, certainly at that time, is very different from what Onana would’ve received growing up, so Partey entered Europe at a bit of a deficit, relatively. For me it just comes down to whether Arteta and co feel like Onana can play that lone pivot role. I think they’ve earned that trust, though I‘m still waiting to see certain things from Sambi :D .
Anyone can improve under Arteta apart from Sambi

Maddar16

if this is truly has legs, have we not learned that Arteta has earned the trust? after all he is the one choosing who we target.

If good enough for teta, good by me

Tom349

Watched his game against West Ham on the weekend and he is more than good enough on the ball to be able to replicate what Partey does for us. Hell I would go as far as saying Im not sure their is a better option out there when you factor in experience, cost and potential availability.

West Ham tried pressing him and couldn't get near him. Was no different to watching Partey, rarely did he vacate the middle of the pitch to recieve in a more comfortable and less dangerous position. Every time he did recieve the ball he scanned the area before taking control and knew exactly where the pressure was coming from. In the few times he wasn't perfect with his touch, he was able to use his bigger frame to shield the ball off the opposition, which resulted in two yellow card tackles on him.

Passing wise everything was effortless. A couple of balls through the lines that took out the opposition midfield line but for the most part it was simply ticking the ball over and getting the ball moving. Unfortunately a lot of the time those passes were Idrissa Gueye and resulted in nothing, once Davies come on Everton managed to get in more dangerous positions so I would imagine alongside Ødegaard it would yield even better results. Most impressive part was how simple his game was. No wasted touches, 1-2 touches at most then progressing the ball, if he did take more touches it was because he was avoiding pressure which he did successfully.

Need to see more in regards to what improvements he needs to make defensively and he should have done a better job of tracking Bowen for their second goal although it took a lucky deflection and there was some horrible defending in the build up. But he certainly has the build for this to be an area of his game that is a considerable strength.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This guy isn’t good enough for the money Everton would want.
Nobody seems good enough anymore for the money teams want. We need to distance ourselves abit from the idea of paying for PL players and them being valued at their current value on transfermarkt.

We had the very same discussions at times on this forum about £50m Ben White and 32m Aaron Ramsdale. Now they don't look overpriced.

The market is crazy and players, all over the world, are bought and sold for more than their perceived value.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Nobody seems good enough anymore for the money teams want. We need to distance ourselves abit from the idea of paying for PL players and them being valued at their current value on transfermarkt.

We had the very same discussions at times on this forum about £50m Ben White and 32m Aaron Ramsdale. Now they don't look overpriced.

The market is crazy and players, all over the world, are bought and sold for more than their perceived value.
This was my exact point I was making to you yesterday, re Onana, but transfer fees in general. They don't mean ****.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Both of those guys were signed as starters though. What do Everton want for Onana, 50m? To sit on the bench for the majority of the time…

Latest posts+

Top Bottom