• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm not. We have Lokonga. He is being paid, he is not being sold or sent out on loan. Far as I am aware Arsenal is not a charity. We need to protect our most important midfielder and not play him in this game, first choice replacement is injured leaving Lokonga - the second possible replacement - as the only available option. Play him. There's a huge chance he'll sink but if he swims it might be the making of him.
Playing him just because we’re paying him is the definition of doubling down on a mistake…

This ain’t Oxford Una. It’s Pep’s City…

Gn1212

Tbf, there is a likelihood that he simply didn't make the squads.

21 players made it, and 3 of them are keepers.

11 starters + 9 players on the bench = 20 players.

The only absentee will be the third keeper who's brought in as an emergency.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

ESR need minutes.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Much more likely he is injured. He would have made the bench atleast

Bergkamp120

We have eight days until the next match so I'd start the same squad as Sunday. Maybe put in Turner so that Ramsdale can rest that broken knuckle. It would be great to rest Partey but we just don't have adequate cover. And I would've started Trossard against any other team but I think we'll need Martinelli's pace on the counter.

We really need to buy a midfielder this month.

NZgunner

we don't want to play our strongest team and then get beaten badly - which will happen if City are up for it, which they will be

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The thing is. I dont think the result should matter if we really want to be champions. Losses and defeats need to be compartmentalised. We need to have a bounce back ability about us.

So far we have demonstrated we can play under pressure. The media haven't made a big deal about it but we have either had to capitalise on City's dropped points or played big games after them to maintain a gap. Games like Sp**s and United.

So if we lose to City, the media can jump on some psychological advantage like their have our number, but from what I have seen of this team is that they like to correct past results.

It goes the same for winning. There is no complacency about this team. I'm not too fussed about the result. The best result is no injuries.

REWB

we don't want to play our strongest team and then get beaten badly - which will happen if City are up for it, which they will be
There is absolutely no chance we get beaten badly if we play our strongest side are you crazy? Have you seen city lately? Hardly any creativity/intensity, our 1st team midfield will have fun against them.

Goonger

I think he'll make changes. Not a whole B team, but playing some players he trusts like Turner, Tierney, Tomiyasu, perhaps Vieira and Trossard.

I'm basing that on the comment he made about this being a different game to those in the league, and it would have little bearing. I took it from that that he was expecting both sides to make changes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The thing is. I dont think the result should matter if we really want to be champions. Losses and defeats need to be compartmentalised. We need to have a bounce back ability about us.
Probably important not to lose it like we are some trash, Man U won against us earlier and it was clear in that game that we are a better team but had a bad/unlucky day.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he'll make changes. Not a whole B team, but playing some players he trusts like Turner, Tierney, Tomiyasu, perhaps Vieira and Trossard.
Looking at this and thinking we really do have a nice squad now, Tomi, Trossard and Vieira are legit players you can trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom