• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Good-Advice

I don't understand Brighton. In my opinion if this guy is getting paid 3k a week then it's ridiculous and I can fully support Caicedo. People say that it's no big deal for him to wait until summer. Five month spell in Arsenal will get him few million quid, he's coming from poor country and big family - that kind of money will set them all for life. You never know what's going to happen to him in upcoming months.

All I'm saying is that he's very young and clearly cares about his family which is much more important than football. I don't see him as greedy or shady person who will orchestrate another move if he ever comes here. He's a top 6 team player and he's on 3k per week. How Brighton is dealing with him is beyond me. Modern slavery.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't understand Brighton. In my opinion if this guy is getting paid 3k a week then it's ridiculous and I can fully support Caicedo. People say that it's no big deal for him to wait until summer. Five month spell in Arsenal will get him few million quid, he's coming from poor country and big family - that kind of money will set them all for life. You never know what's going to happen to him in upcoming months.

All I'm saying is that he's very young and clearly cares about his family which is much more important than football. I don't see him as greedy or shady person who will orchestrate another move if he ever comes here. He's a top 6 team player and he's on 3k per week. How Brighton is dealing with him is beyond me. Modern slavery.
He earns like 25k per week. Not 3k. This needs to stop. 3k makes no sense at all for almost any EPL player. Is there any player who currently earns that little? Maybe someone who plays zero minutes?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Oh cut this fvcking crap please. Modern slavery? Get a grip. This 3k stuff is not even true afaik.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
That defender has played 21 games as a DMF in Serie A, and 16 games as a CB. Thiago Motta played him as DMF. But he is a CB of course.

If push comes to shove, there is always possibility to play Trossard or ESR in the LCM position and Xhaka as DMF. Or Zinchenko or White as DMF.
This would ruin all tactics and momentum
Requires a lot of hard work
We are in a title race and have to play city twice

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This would ruin all tactics and momentum
Requires a lot of hard work
We are in a title race and have to play city twice
I know. Just mentioned that the defender buy you criticized has played more as a DMF than CB.

And that there are options to use in the squad in addition to that. It won't ruin everything.

You don't have to convince me that we need a midfielder now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I dont think so
He never had any backup apart from douglas luiz
Got in a defender when cm is a priority
Lets see how many games does the new cb start where as new cm would have rotated frequently
We all knew we are one cm injury away from disaster
Been saying he sucks consistently. Every window he has been here we in panic station end of the window. His nr 1 job is squad building. End of last window we were in panic because party got injured. You would think he would think I failed this window. I will correct it as soo as I get a chance. But here we are next window exactly where we were in August

When you add how long he took on muddy and even travelled there to come back with nothing after a month on a deal. At some point he gotta pay with his job

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If we were willing to go as big as we did for Mudryk and Caicedo, why did they not just attempt to lure Rice in January? Overpay of you have to, you know its a safe bet.
Rice won't leave West Ham midseason, a bit like Zubimendi, he's a local lad. Caicedo on the other hand has been at Brighton for a little more than a year and has no real attachment to them. They will sell him in the summer anyway, we're trying to get them to move it ahead.

Game Over

Modern slavery.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Rice won't leave West Ham midseason, a bit like Zubimendi, he's a local lad. Caicedo on the other hand has been at Brighton for a little more than a year and has no real attachment to them. They will sell him in the summer anyway, we're trying to get them to move it ahead.

The chance to pick up a PL medal? I'm sure he could be swayed.

Agreed, its different for Zubi.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I really don't understand that why we waited so late in the transfer window for a partey backup, this should have been our number 1 priority. We could've wrapped a Trossard up no problem later.

It's actually hugely incompetent from Edu. The guy is thick.
The fact we went for Douglas Luiz so late in the summer means we should have had a CM wrapped up for when the January window opens.

Can only think the goal posts have changed and we are now in the picture for CMs we never previously would have dreamed of getting.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The fact we went for Douglas Luiz so late in the summer means we should have had a CM wrapped up for when the January window opens.

Can only think the goal posts have changed and we are now in the picture for CMs we never previously would have dreamed of getting.

We went for Luiz because Elneny got injured, same reason we're going for Caicedo. We extended Elneny only last summer.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The chance to pick up a PL medal? I'm sure he could be swayed.

Agreed, its different for Zubi.
West Ham without Rice probably get relegated. Brighton without Caicedo probably miss out on EL. The monetary loss for the latter is around 20m, which we can compensate them for. The monetary and reputational damage for a relegation can't really be compensated.

Though its really stupid of us to be going for Caicedo so late in the window. The chances of getting this done would've been much higher earlier on.

Uncle Good-Advice

He earns like 25k per week. Not 3k. This needs to stop. 3k makes no sense at all for almost any EPL player. Is there any player who currently earns that little? Maybe someone who plays zero minutes?
All right, I stand corrected with his wages, thanks. But my point is still valid. Guy will earn at least 5 times more and on top of that his team will receive king's ransom.

The reason why I deliberately used term "modern slavery" which obviously is a bit over the top reflects my general opinion on treating players more as a merchandise than a employee nowadays. Guy is being offered much better job opportunity, even if he's on 25k now he's going to be paid 5x more and fight for trophies. He's not a millionaire who is milking his club for another million. His employer will receive huge money for him and it's not like Brighton is playing for anything more than Europa Conference League. And they ban him from training because he wants to leave. How will you call that?

I wonder what kind of message Brighton is sending to their other players or even their potential transfer targets with this Caicedo situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom