• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It makes you think that maybe we should take that £60m and offer it to Leipzig for Haidara, his stats look better and we can trust Brighton's scouting

He is almost 4 years older, and those stats are in Bundesliga. He has also had bad injuries, I don't want that injury-prone stuff in Arsenal midfield. I also think Caicedo has bigger potential and is EPL proven/adjusted.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Do you think something will happen on a saturday night? No ones gonna put a bid in tonight, why are we even here? What the **** am I doing with my life. I'm lucky my wife's not home, she would've called the mental hospital

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I said yes to the poll because I think he's a good player who helps us win the league this season, I think if we were competing for 4th I wouldn't want to spend that sort of money but he's probably worth it to bump our title chances up

Obviously Edu had no choice but to take it in the shorts title chase and Brighton knows that

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Then you should say yes because an extra 30 million is worth the title

That sounds nice but it’s never as simple as that…

1) We could win it anyway
2) He could get injured on his first app
3) The long term implications of becoming a buying club that will pay over the top
4) going 20/30m over budget on Caicedo might really screw up our summer plans.

None of these are conclusive reasons, like I said I’m pretty much on the fence. @A__G and his poll pushed me.

WiscoGooner8

Timing is everything whoever Edu calls as a back up will try to get over in negotiations as well. I think it will happen i called it a while back at 80ish
It really is. It’s our own fault though for letting such an important position be thin/inadequate for so long. If we weren’t in first right now it’s a different ball game. But because we are we have to act different because there’s no guarantee we are in a similar position next season. Every other club near us will strengthen.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

I should also add that after Mudryk I am completely desensitised to the transfer window so wotevs really. Hope y’all get the kinks you’re looking for.

Bergkamp120

It makes you think that maybe we should take that £60m and offer it to Leipzig for Haidara, his stats look better and we can trust Brighton's scouting

What? How's he better? https://fbref.com/tiny/WRbsj

They're not even on the same planet. Look at their passing and defensive metrics. Caicedo is on a completely different level.

Haidara is also 24 (will turn 25 in 3 days) and doesn't even make the starting 11 for Leipzig.

Maybe Kone at Gladbach is comparable to Caicedo but still not nearly as good: Player Comparison: Moisés Caicedo vs. Kouadio Koné | FBref.com

Farzad Stoned

Older and adaptation required.

Caicedo is a dangerous signing for the league. Gets rid of a major drop off in quality for Xhaka and Partey. Allows us to close games and chase games better. Allows us to rest players and rotate. Nobody wants this signing to happen as they know what it means.

Partey is our biggest weakness right now. As much as we would miss Saka. Martinelli still gives us quality there.

Redcafe has a 30 page thread on how we jacked Caicedo and how terrible it is. The Mancs have temerity to cry for Brighton and too much player power. Ever heard of RVP and Alexis you manc tw.ts, such hypocrisy. The league is terrified of this move

TakeChillPill

Established Member
They won't get that much for him in the summer he'll probably go for around £50m. So from a financial perspective great to sell him now. But obviously it will impact their situation on the pitch.

If they don't want to sell they should just tell us who they would buy as a replacement. Would save us £60m.

Farzad Stoned

It really is. It’s our own fault though for letting such an important position be thin/inadequate for so long. If we weren’t in first right now it’s a different ball game. But because we are we have to act different because there’s no guarantee we are in a similar position next season. Every other club near us will strengthen.

It will be a monumental disaster if we fail now; this is why so much money is being thrown at a problem we saw back in summer and end of last year with no cover for Thomas

Iwobeast

Established Member

Do you think something will happen on a saturday night? No ones gonna put a bid in tonight, why are we even here? What the **** am I doing with my life. I'm lucky my wife's not home, she would've called the mental hospital

I don't think weekends exist for technical directors during the January transfer window.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I don't think weekends exist for technical directors during the January transfer window.

GIF by Ghostbusters

Farzad Stoned

They won't get that much for him in the summer he'll probably go for around £50m. So from a financial perspective great to sell him now. But obviously it will impact their situation on the pitch.

If they don't want to sell they should just tell us who they would buy as a replacement. Would save us £60m.

No way they are walking away from 80ish cash for a player they bought months ago for 4 million wtf is he young Pele?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

How come you’ve only started posting ? I’ve never noticed you before.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

PAY IT!! £80 million is a lot more palatable than £100 million which is what they will demand should we dither until Tuesday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom