• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day: January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to go in one more time for Caicedo, and if we fail we need to make it clear that we are coming back for him.

He is the future of our midfield.

hargun55

Questions need to be asked of our recruitment team regarding big money signings, we spend months chasing Mudryk only to be gazumped by Chelsea, then realize on the last day that Brighton won't sell Caicedo, now we're going to end up with a 31yr old Chelsea reject, as if we haven't learned from them shafting us in the past with Cech, Gallas, Luiz etc.. will we never learn

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We need to go in one more time for Caicedo, and if we fail we need to make it clear that we are coming back for him.

He is the future of our midfield.

The Caicedo story is over. He was this year's Vlahovic. We will sign Rice in the summer and our midfield is sorted for another one/two years.

SA Gunner

The Caicedo story is over. He was this year's Vlahovic. We will sign Rice in the summer and our midfield is sorted for another one/two years.

If he is still at Brighton tomorrow, then its not over.

Caicedo and Rice are our future, and not 1/2 years but for the rest of this decade.

field442

Trusted ⭐
If he is still at Brighton tomorrow, then its not over.

Caicedo and Rice are our future, and not 1/2 years but for the rest of this decade.

I suppose Douglas Luiz was going to be our future as well? Caicedo wasn't even on the radar until 5 days ago. Rice was the main midfield signing for the summer and were it not for an Elneny injury we wouldn't even be having a discussion about Caicedo.

SA Gunner

I suppose Douglas Luiz was going to be our future as well? Caicedo wasn't even on the radar until 5 days ago. Rice was the main midfield signing for the summer and were it not for an Elneny injury we wouldn't even be having a discussion about Caicedo.

5 days ago according to who?

Mate, just because you only found out 5 days ago, doesnt mean the club started working on the deal then.

Keeping you in the loop is not important when it comes to the planning of the club. You can **** on them for not getting it done, but otherwise I think you are off.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
5 days ago according to who?

Mate, just because you only found out 5 days ago, doesnt mean the club started working on the deal then.

Keeping you in the loop is not important when it comes to the planning of the club. You can **** on them for not getting it done, but otherwise I think you are off.
You believe there were negotiations for Caicedo all January but only the last five days stuff leaked to the press?

Not saying it's impossible but with Caicedo's letter on instagram and that smug Naylor prick only reporting on it from late last week it's more likely we really just got moving.

SA Gunner

You believe there were negotiations for Caicedo all January but only the last five days stuff leaked to the press?

Not saying it's impossible but with Caicedo's letter on instagram and that smug Naylor prick only reporting on it from late last week it's more likely we really just got moving.

I dont believe we dreamt up Caicedo 5 days ago, we were probably tracking this lad and the potential investment in him for some time already.

The questions Im asking is why we cannot seal these deals. Sure its complicated and involves a lot of moving parts, but this is not the first time we have gotten this close, only to fall short.

Edu needs to be questioned here. Either we and he goes for deals he can close, like Jorginho, or he steps aside for someone who can do better.

field442

Trusted ⭐

Before the Caicedo stuff the reports from Spain came out about Zubimendi rejecting us, so you can even argue Caicedo was not the first name on the list.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Shadow Box Punch GIF

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I dont believe we dreamt up Caicedo 5 days ago, we were probably tracking this lad and the potential investment in him for some time already.

The questions Im asking is why we cannot seal these deals. Sure its complicated and involves a lot of moving parts, but this is not the first time we have gotten this close, only to fall short.

Edu needs to be questioned here. Either we and he goes for deals he can close, like Jorginho, or he steps aside for someone who can do better.
Nobody said anything about dreaming up we're talking about making sure the player signs for us. There were no movements until the last five days in that regard.

Edu is a severely overpaid intern who's only known because he used to be an Invincible. Arteta has full say on all stuff relating to his team, much more concerning that we didn't get Caicedo (which is bad enough) is that our alternative is a) such a vastly different type of player and b) yet another Chelsea reject, a team that's 10th selling their surplus pensioners to us.

SA Gunner

Nobody said anything about dreaming up we're talking about making sure the player signs for us. There were no movements until the last five days in that regard.

Edu is a severely overpaid intern who's only known because he used to be an Invincible. Arteta has full say on all stuff relating to his team, much more concerning that we didn't get Caicedo (which is bad enough) is that our alternative is a) such a vastly different type of player and b) yet another Chelsea reject, a team that's 10th selling their surplus pensioners to us.

When it comes to the player profiles, I trust Arteta and team to make the right decisions. Jorginho coming isnt great, and subject to jokes and whatever, but that's as far as it goes for me really. Pundits and those on social media dont know what the **** they are talking about most of the time.

But yeah, I'm with you on the Edu role. Seems he doesnt have what it takes to push these deals over the line. Sure the higher priced deals are more complicated, but we still need to get them done at the end of the day.

Lets see if he can do the summer deals, my confidence has taken a knock, I wont lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom