• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Prem and Europa double I am hearing...

791m04.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Good stuff, though. Anyone else felt that, despite both teams having good intensity for spells, they we're holding off a little bit?

Felt like we were getting the measure of each other and that this wasn't really the match to go full fire in your belly type of energy.

Yep it felt like the footballing equivalent of a sparring session.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Asked if the best team won, he didn't answer abd said ge was disappointed. On the goal, he talked about the discipline to stay with runners. Positives were our approach to the game. Says we have to make big chances in big moments count. He seemed matter of fact fuming. That laundry trolley will be getting a shake

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Man, Arteta really have transformed us huh. We played so well with half our players not even in starting eleven.

From basically loosing all our games vs them to this is quite the feat. Same with the other big teams.

You can see that all players get what they are supposed to do, trust in the system he has setup.

I think we might underestimate how good players has become under him as well. Almost all players have improved a bit, and some greatly, over the last two years.

Riou

Jokes about Edu aside, the fact that Arteta (who seems to be the one pushing the Jorginho deal) can't see how bad this makes Arsenal look is very concerning.

After how badly Willian went, you would think Arteta would learn...but pushing to sign ANOTHER ageing Chelsea player (that they are looking to offload) after they beat us to other signings, genuinely makes the club look like a little b1tch.

Very disappointed with Mikel if we end up signing another Chelsea gimp, it's taken the shine off this season quite badly.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Jokes about Edu aside, the fact that Arteta (who seems to be the one pushing the Jorginho deal) can't see how bad this makes Arsenal look is very concerning.

After how badly Willian went, you would think Arteta would learn...but pushing to sign ANOTHER ageing Chelsea player (that they are looking to offload) after they beat us to other signings, genuinely makes the club look like a little b1tch.

Very disappointed with Mikel if we end up signing another Chelsea gimp, it's taken the shine off this season quite badly.

The difference is though we're top of the PL with a fairly settled starting 11. We need depth, we can't rely on Elneny as we don't know the extent of his injury and Lokonga is rubbish.

It's not like 2-3 years ago when we didn't have a fairly settled side or identity. No-ones expecting Jorginho to come here as a starter, he's squad depth.

I'm sure Arteta wanted Caicedo but he's not the one negotiating the deals. If we couldn't get Caicedo for whatever reason we needed someone else.

Riou

The difference is though we're top of the PL with a fairly settled starting 11. We need depth, we can't rely on Elneny as we don't know the extent of his injury and Lokonga is rubbish.

It's not like 2-3 years ago when we didn't have a fairly settled side or identity. No-ones expecting Jorginho to come here as a starter, he's squad depth.

I'm sure Arteta wanted Caicedo but he's not the one negotiating the deals. If we couldn't get Caicedo for whatever reason we needed someone else.

We should have done business with legitimately any other club though, that's the issue I have.

quattro

now that we got that out of the way, I'm excited to see Arteta's Arsenal continue doing what it has been doing this season so far: winning football matches.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I agree with you. The fact that Edu is an Invincible and Arteta a former captain sort of makes this worse. I thought we couldn't look any smaller when we congratulated Chelsea Giroud on winning the WC. Anyway, let's win the league and sell Jorginho to Serie A this summer.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

The funny thing is, now wherever I look everyone else feels like this is a great move by Arsenal... Outside of Arsenal.

Everybody's aware he's coming in as a clear backup (unlike Willian, Luiz, Cech) and to inject experience and depth and some stability to MF as we push PL and EL.

It's only us who are rattled. I think it's because we're getting him from Chelsea and all the PTSD.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

No-one in football actually cares about this Arsenal vs Chelsea transfer stuff though.

Arteta / Arsenal see a ready made experienced squad player that can come in for a minimal fee to help us with our title challenge this season but without hindering our long term CM targets.

The fact he plays for Chelsea is probably immaterial to Arteta and so it should be tbh.

Gone are the days we're scrounging the likes of Cech, Benayoun, Willian etc to try and finish top 4. We're top of the PL and 20+ points clear of that lot and need squad cover due to an injury.

Top Bottom