• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Badger_Revenge

Barring a truly massive signing, which wasn't in the cards, this is really smart business. An experienced, technical player with a good pass and solid defensive positioning and anticipation. A definite upgrade on Lakonga and Elneny. And we didn't break the bank or mortgage the future.

Interested to see what he can do with this squad. Seems really keen to get on the pitch with the team. Sounds to me like he has not been having the greatest time at Chelsea of late and is looking forward to a breath of fresh air.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Those were very specific circumstances, the exception that certainly does not make the rule.
Ramsey, Eboue Gervinho all exceptions to the rule.

Fwiw I don't think anyone will get booed with the mood as great as it is. Jorginho especially not, got abuse from the Chelsea support for being Sarris signing and then for being used poorly by fat Frank but stayed utterly professional from day.

As long as he's not asked to take up Parteys role I wouldn't be surprised if he did well for us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't think this is bad business by any means. Hasn't cost much and could fit in well if he's prepared to wait to get his chance.

He's 31, so Willian/Luiz vibes. But I have a feeling it'll work out better because he's clearly a backup to Partey/Xhaka, rather than a starter.

Zaza

This signing makes ZERO sense. What we needed was a Partey replacement in terms of attributes. Jorginho doesn't offer us anything that we don't already have. Zinchenko dictates play so much better than he does. I don't understand the point of signing a washed Jorginho who is **** defensively and can't cover a large amounts of space as defensively as Partey does.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This signing makes ZERO sense. What we needed was a Partey replacement in terms of attributes. Jorginho doesn't offer us anything that we don't already have. Zinchenko dictates play so much better than he does. I don't understand the point of signing a washed Jorginho who is **** defensively and can't cover a large amounts of space as defensively as Partey does.
He won’t be used like Partey as a single holding midfielder. He will cause Xhaka to fallback and team will play mostly with two holding midfielders if Partey is hurt. Can also fill in for Xhaka if Xhaka needs a break. He is not super old, not on really high wages, or a long contract. People like it because he started 18 games and we got him as a back up, on short term deal we can extend

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can someone explain why us and Chelsea make business with each other. But neither does with Sp**s? Roman openly said he don’t do business with them

Farzad Stoned

Can someone explain why us and Chelsea make business with each other. But neither does with Sp**s? Roman openly said he don’t do business with them
It is interesting but at the high levels Arsenal and Chelsea do tons of business. And it has not always been to our detriment. Neither does any business with Levy. Levy has a bad reputation look at the kane deal. There may be no team in premier league that we actually do more business with than Chelsea. Odd but true

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
When all is said and done, when the applause dies down and the last drop of wine is drunk- All you can do is just sit back and marvel at our lot in life. Former Ballon D’or contenders like jorginho queuing up to play for our great and glorious manager. How does that Dickensian saying go? “It was the best of times…”

Jorginho vs Partey? I could talk about football IQ here, but I think I’ll leave that for another day. For today, St George is reborn, and this time he will not be a martyr. Go forth our chosen one. To pastures near and far and spread our dominion beyond all those who dared doubt you. And when you reach the promised land, remember the filth we delivered you from and marvel at how far you have travelled!
Probably the most poetic thing I have ever read on here lol

Farzad Stoned

I don’t know I only shop in Tesco

Levy is a **** basically and no one in European football likes dealing with him is basically your answer. He over values his own talent and low balls everyone. Relationships matter in the upper levels of business once you get a bad rep and you burn people and stories get around you can’t do deals like we just pulled where one hand will wash the other

Rattata

He won’t be used like Partey as a single holding midfielder. He will cause Xhaka to fallback and team will play mostly with two holding midfielders if Partey is hurt. Can also fill in for Xhaka if Xhaka needs a break. He is not super old, not on really high wages, or a long contract. People like it because he started 18 games and we got him as a back up, on short term deal we can extend
Looking at how we played against Sp**s and United taking Zinchenko out of that LB position is probably the worst thing we could do right now. Also you are underestimating Jorginhos defending.

Farzad Stoned

Looking at how we played against Sp**s and United taking Zinchenko out of that LB position is probably the worst thing we could do right now. Also you are underestimating Jorginhos defending.

I actually think he is better than most he has great tactical sense, reads game well and is a battler

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Ok so in his day Jorg is a top player & hopefully he still has it in him to perform for us at top level. If it works it's a very smart signing. If it's another Willian, well let's not go there.

I would have preferred us to go for more of a Partey like for like in terms of profile & attributes & Jorg & TP are pretty much complete opposites I that regard. If something happens to TP, we are still exposed.

I think tbh this says more about TP than anything else. There are not too many other players around who can offer what he can. Caicedo clearly was one. I think that particular bridge is now burned, but we'll see.

Good luck Jorg, help us lift that title !!!

Top Bottom