• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
How? Is gab half Italian? I’m sure his granny is like Jorginho
Jorginho isn't his granny.

Jorginho goes back to his great-grandfather.

So, yes Martinelli is more italian than Jorginho.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Not even specifically Caicedo, like why did we not have multiple adequate quality players lined up that we could go after during January knowing full well that we needed at least 1 midfielder? They can not honestly tell us that Jorginho was the best plan b for January we could come up with since the the season started?
People keep saying we'll go after this and that player in the summer but by then it could be too late and we could have missed out on a mssaive opportunity to win the league and gain all the benefits that come with that.
That's the thing tho. We are beyond the years when simply 'adequate' will be ok. Arteta wants quality. I'm sure we looked at plenty of other options but if Jorg is an opportunity Arteta wanted to take advantage of then I will back him.

As I said, the quality pickings were slim. If players dont want to move mid season & the club didnt fancy other players, then so be it. I like the fact our club no longer settles for mediocrity & poorly chosen targets. It might narrow your choice of players, but so far Arteta has got most of his signings right..

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No. There was A Lasagne. Did a job and cost Sp**s 4th one year
In the last 20 years Lasagna gate is literally what they are most famous for as a club. Their fan site must be a horrifically bitter place these days

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Welcome Jorgi.
We desperately needed a CM & he was probably about as good as we could have got on the final day certainly with Brighton refusing to play ball.

Some of the sh!t on here earlier was priceless, the AM meltdown merchants sure were out in force 🤣.
You would have thought we had just signed Marc Albrighton ffs.

18 month deal with a year option is sensible also👍.

Now Kia is not wielding his 'influence' Edu has stopped having to give 3 year charity FC deals to ageing players.

Ok we will have to wait until summer for a 'big signing' but he is certainly a big upgrade on Sambi for defensive awareness & know how.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
This signing makes ZERO sense. What we needed was a Partey replacement in terms of attributes. Jorginho doesn't offer us anything that we don't already have. Zinchenko dictates play so much better than he does. I don't understand the point of signing a washed Jorginho who is **** defensively and can't cover a large amounts of space as defensively as Partey does.
Jorginho was signed as back up to Zinchencko, Tierney is now DM cover for Partey.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Was Italy's best player in the euros finished 3rd in the ballondor...something pirlo never managed .
Jorginho is the modern day equivalent to Pirlo. He only get less credit because he looks like a scruffy Brazilian rather than a chaditalian with lushious hair.

So next time you see his disheveled face, just picture pirlo instead.

Rouski

Not even specifically Caicedo, like why did we not have multiple adequate quality players lined up that we could go after during January knowing full well that we needed at least 1 midfielder? They can not honestly tell us that Jorginho was the best plan b for January we could come up with since the the season started?
People keep saying we'll go after this and that player in the summer but by then it could be too late and we could have missed out on a mssaive opportunity to win the league and gain all the benefits that come with that.
I don't know if you'll ever be happy with Arsenal then, they have had the best window of any club bar one team

Two players who can have an immediate impact and one good prospect as cover at the back. It could have been a lot worse

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
BTW: While I have reservations about how this is going to turn out, I'm not questioning Jorginho's ability. For me, he's as good as he's always been. I don't see a particular decline. Like at all.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I don't know if you'll ever be happy with Arsenal then, they have had the best window of any club bar one team

Two players who can have an immediate impact and one good prospect as cover at the back. It could have been a lot worse
Why did Chelsea have a good window buying 2 players for 230 million? It makes no sense, if both those guys don't kill it Chelsea has had a disastrous window

Mickey Rooney

Why did Chelsea have a good window buying 2 players for 230 million? It makes no sense, if both those guys don't kill it Chelsea has had a disastrous window
2 players that were virtually unknown 6 months ago for 230 million, that is. And they guaranteed them 8.5 years of wages. It could work out well for them, but it’s an insane amount of risk.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom