• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Jasinho

Arteta likes a small group to pick from. They are the three obvious options but esr, Vieira and trossard will be considered number 8 options. Kiwi the obvious number 6 as played their regularly, other defenders can play that position too.

Very wise to loan him out, he needs to recover his mojo
Everyone besides those 3 would be makeshift in the midfield 6 and 8. Players in makeshift positions for any extended period of time rarely works out for anyone. Hopefully we'll remain injury free for the rest of the season.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Next year send him in loan and then watch if he can develop or sell them. He won't make it here if he doesn't play, and he can't play because he doesn't have the quality for.

Sparrahork

Everyone besides those 3 would be makeshift in the midfield 6 and 8. Players in makeshift positions for any extended period of time rarely works out for anyone. Hopefully we'll remain injury free for the rest of the season.
Benny Blanco done ok at right back. Zin is originally a number 8 but seems to be ok as a left back.

We have a number of very versatile players other than that, our club all of a sudden feels a bit 1970s Dutch national team - I would suggest makeshift is the wrong word and if players are not in what is deemed to be their best position, the cover and tactics means it would now not be noticed.

I do not for example think esr is an 8, however he could thrive there this season as we have more solidity to our team generally this season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Let's hope he finds something at Palace.
Less pressure & should play more🤞 . I like him on the ball but off it he is far from the level needed.
I honestly don't know if he has the mentality to do it here or at a big club.

Maybe he just can't handle the intensity of the prem?

Anyhow best of luck to Sambi.
Paddy V is a great guy to learn from.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Want to wish him all the luck he needs, but loaning him to Palace doesnt make any sense with only 3 CMS now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Let's hope he finds something at Palace.
Less pressure & should play more🤞 . I like him on the ball but off it he is far from the level needed.
I honestly don't know if he has the mentality to do it here or at a big club.

Maybe he just can't handle the intensity of the prem?

Anyhow best of luck to Sambi.
Paddy V is a great guy to learn from.

Hope he does great. So another PL club would buy him and let us recoup the transfer fee. He's still young and can improve.
Let's hope he does well and develops. Think he was in somewhat of a Catch 22 here. Not being able to get playing time but needing playing time to improve to get playing time.

Following in Yaya Sanogo’s footsteps. Who is now spending his prime in the Armenian Premier League.
This is a bit my fear. I was also thinking about Sanogo at times. Hope Sambi does better though. Think the AON clip when Eddie tore into him about complaining about lack of playing time was telling though. Hopefully the loving touch of Paddy can straighten him out! Let's not give up hope.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Last chance time for Sambi really, if he wants to make it in England/Arsenal...he needs to get that edge to his game during this loan, to go with his talent.

And let's be fair...if Patrick Vieira (arguably the player with the most competitive spirit in Arsenal's entire history) can't teach you that, then you have no real hope.

Good luck Lokonga!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Eddie still on him 😭

ZraNY.jpeg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I honestly think he will surprise people at Palace. He is not a 6 and will have a DM next to him
Palace is awful, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a starter there and they play some donkey next to him to do the dirty work

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Hope he gets consistent game time as an 8. He did well in the preseason even though they were just friendlies. Hopefully can turn it around.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It’s always nice to see a player find his level, brings me a warm fuzzy feeling.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Sambi going on loan is not a surprise. It’s evident that Arteta doesn’t trust him, simply because Sambi hasn’t had the character to apply himself the way Mikel wants.
But it’s good for Sambi. He was becoming a target for fans, he can be himself at Palace.

Mraven

If he plays every week, I look forward to follow Palace. Sambi has all the tools to be a top midfielder.

Top Bottom