• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
More money to spend on more pressing areas is not wrong no? And besides, if I implied that I thought Arsenal needed the money, that was not my intention. Its just that when you look at Arsenal's history of selling players it is quite poor. And part of that is because they tank the value of players just sitting on the bench.

I think you misunderstand me when you think that I see Arsenal as some stepladder club needing to sell off talents. I am not. I am just advocating that there is nothing wrong with getting good money for players every now and then. Selling with a buyback clause is essentially letting other clubs take the responsibility of further development and you can always buy the player back no? Or another loan for that matter.
Let's follow what you said to its logical conclusion. Balogun is so talented that we could get a significant fee for him, right? So what you want us to do is sell him before we even see if that talent can improve our club but include a buyback option so that we have the pleasure of paying more for him than we received for him a couple of years down the line? How did that work out for Utd with Pogba? That's essentially what you're advocating for. You're suggesting that because of our prior history of getting poor fees from player sales we should look to rectify that by selling a talented player who could contribute to this club (that has already invested time and resources into developing him) now and then buy him back for more later? I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude or unpleasant but I don't understand what part of that makes sense to you when you lay it out. That's horrible business. He should be given every opportunity to succeed here before any sale is considered. At the very least he should have a PL loan if it really looks like he's going to struggle for minutes but under no circumstance should he be sold now unless he refuses to extend and wants a new challenge.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Half of Europe wouldn't spend the money to buy their granny a birthday present.

Wouldn't count on any English clubs getting big offers from foreign clubs anymore.

Let's see how it continues but an extension and a loan would probably be the best move. Another year for him to get first team football week in week out and see how Eddie and Jesus are going next season.
I'm just saying we shouldn't be complacent and assume that he's going to accept another loan & sign an extension over a big move and payday while he's hot.

When you see the impression the likes of Lookman and Abraham are making in Italy, Balogun could easily tear it up there, or somewhere like Germany.

If we do qualify for the CL and are serious about challenging on all fronts, we should definitely be able to find room for him here.

Pulp

Let's follow what you said to its logical conclusion. Balogun is so talented that we could get a significant fee for him, right? So what you want us to do is sell him before we even see if that talent can improve our club but include a buyback option so that we have the pleasure of paying more for him than we received for him a couple of years down the line? How did that work out for Utd with Pogba? That's essentially what you're advocating for. You're suggesting that because of our prior history of getting poor fees from player sales we should look to rectify that by selling a talented player who could contribute to this club (that has already invested time and resources into developing him) now and then buy him back for more later? I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude or unpleasant but I don't understand what part of that makes sense to you when you lay it out. That's horrible business. He should be given every opportunity to succeed here before any sale is considered. At the very least he should have a PL loan if it really looks like he's going to struggle for minutes but under no circumstance should he be sold now unless he refuses to extend and wants a new challenge.
Look. Yes, I am saying Arsenal could get good money for him because he is doing well in Ligue 1 at the moment. He might get a chance and he might take it and do well at Arsenal. I don't know that. I am just saying that if he isn't part of Arteta's plans come next season, I see no reason for him to be third striker at Arsenal and maybe just maybe fight his way back in. Loan him out to another PL club? Sure why not.

Maybe I am formulating myself poorly here and apologies if so, but I am not saying just bin him out first chance. Just have a plan with the player. There are far too many players that have done well on loan, come back and not played. And with regards to the buyback clause, there is nothing saying that it has to be bad business for Arsenal at all.

Edit: missed quote

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is not gonna get minutes ahead of Jesus or Nketiah. He is not gonna get minutes based on what he done in France. The manager who watched him train everyday sent him on loan twice and was always behind nketiah before nketiah did anything in the PL. He is not suddenly come back and start games here

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm just saying we shouldn't be complacent and assume that he's going to accept another loan & sign an extension over a big move and payday while he's hot.

When you see the impression the likes of Lookman and Abraham are making in Italy, Balogun could easily tear it up there, or somewhere like Germany.

If we do qualify for the CL and are serious about challenging on all fronts, we should definitely be able to find room for him here.
Its not being complacent. He's still young.

You offer him a 1 year extension with a pay rise. You find him another solid loan maybe in the PL and then if he tears it up here you decide which one of Eddie or Jesus is surplus to requirements. Or Jesus moves wider and Eddie and Flo fight it out.

What you don't do is keep him in the squad if he isn't clearly better than those two at that moment and limit his game time to Carabao cup, and the odd 20 minute cameo.

That won't progress him.

Malky

Established Member
He is not gonna get minutes ahead of Jesus or Nketiah. He is not gonna get minutes based on what he done in France. The manager who watched him train everyday sent him on loan twice and was always behind nketiah before nketiah did anything in the PL. He is not suddenly come back and start games here
Saliba wasn’t even registered for the Europa here then sent out on loan. Brought back and instantly replaced White who came off the back of a good season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its not being complacent. He's still young.

You offer him a 1 year extension with a pay rise. You find him another solid loan maybe in the PL and then if he tears it up here you decide which one of Eddie or Jesus is surplus to requirements. Or Jesus moves wider and Eddie and Flo fight it out.

What you don't do is keep him in the squad if he isn't clearly better than those two at that moment and limit his game time to Carabao cup, and the odd 20 minute cameo.

That won't progress him.

Sometimes training with top players actually improves you more than going out and getting game time with an inferior team. Pep refused to loan Foden out because he wanted him training with guys like Silva ect.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saliba wasn’t even registered for the Europa here then sent out on loan. Brought back and instantly replaced White who came off the back of a good season.
Nothing in Balogun even in his youth days suggest he is bigger talent than nketiah. Their record in youth and England speaks for itself

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Fortunate circumstances though, wasn't it? Nobody thought he'd initially be starting ahead of White and it only came about because Tomiyasu was injured. Injuries will be the only way Balogun starts next season ahead of Jesus and Nketiah, especially if those two have lead us to a league title.

Malky

Established Member
Nothing in Balogun even in his youth days suggest he is bigger talent than nketiah. Their record in youth and England speaks for itself
Some kids hit a higher level quicker than others?
Balogun is currently out scoring Mbappe, Messi and Neymar while playing for a mid table side. That alone is seriously impressive.
Half this forum had Eddie written off and wanted him sold to West Ham not long ago?
Now they’re writing off Balogun. :facepalm:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Some kids hit a higher level quicker than others?
Balogun is currently out scoring Mbappe, Messi and Neymar while playing for a mid table side. That alone is seriously impressive.
Half this forum had Eddie written off and wanted him sold to West Ham not long ago?
Now they’re writing off Balogun. :facepalm:

The guy you are quoting had a boner because we tried to sign a guy thats older than Balogun from the ukrainian league.

Malky

Established Member
Fortunate circumstances though, wasn't it? Nobody thought he'd initially be starting ahead of White and it only came about because Tomiyasu was injured. Injuries will be the only way Balogun starts next season ahead of Jesus and Nketiah, especially if those two have lead us to a league title.
The two CFs who’re being beaten by Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka for goals right now? Jesus only injured a month ago and Xhaka has only 2 goals less than him. Right now they’re hardly prolific goal scorers

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sometimes training with top players actually improves you more than going out and getting game time with an inferior team. Pep refused to loan Foden out because he wanted him training with guys like Silva ect.
I do agree sometimes 20 games with Arsenal and learning what the coach wants etc can be better than 35 games on loan. But each case is different and I feel having had such success at this stage you'd want him to get the same opportunities but at a slightly higher level.

Not to come here and maybe stagnate.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I might be in the minority here but I think keeping Nketiah and extending + loaning Balogun for one more season is best.

Young strikers NEED minutes. Substitute appearances don’t really do anything for them as they’re not like midfielders, they don’t see much of the ball and as soon as they do they’re supposed to do some madness.

He’s doing an incredible job. Last thing we need is for him to come back and regress. Let him cook. Season after next we should know more conclusively which of him/eddie (and Jesus just to keep @Trilly happy) we should move on.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom