• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think the current stats mean people are getting slightly carried away, I’m not saying it’s a fluky purple patch but we shouldn’t think he’s arrived. He needs more development, I’m still not blown away by clips I’ve seen at Reims.

Honestly the most sensible thing imo is the Saliba strategy, extend his deal and send him back to Reims, hopefully Will Still will still (lol) be there next season and it’ll be a good continuity to develop.

Malky

Established Member
Nketiah has 9 goals in his last 13 league starts. That's comparable with what Balogun is doing and in a better league.
Not knocking him, think he’s a very good CF and if he continues this form Jesus will spend time on the bench when he returns, I just think it’s a bit disrespectful to what Balogun is doing in that “ weaker “ league by out scoring Mbappe, Messi and Neymar while playing for a mid table team.
Can guarantee if he wasn’t already our player people would be saying he’s one we should be looking at before United/Chelsea/Sp**s get him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not knocking him, think he’s a very good CF and if he continues this form Jesus will spend time on the bench when he returns, I just think it’s a bit disrespectful to what Balogun is doing in that “ weaker “ league by out scoring Mbappe, Messi and Neymar while playing for a mid table team.
Can guarantee if he wasn’t already our player people would be saying he’s one we should be looking at before United/Chelsea/Sp**s get him.

He has got two more goals than Lacazette (if you take goals and assists Lacazette is ahead) in a team with the same amount of points as Lyon. This forum and the fanbase couldn't wait to be rid of him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Nketiah has 9 goals in his last 13 league starts. That's comparable with what Balogun is doing and in a better league.
Nketiah plays for the best team in the country with the best players in the league feeding him the ball. Balogun plays in an average club with average teammates and is outscoring Mbappe. There's no doubt that what Eddie is doing is impressive but let's actually have some perspective on what Balogun is doing as well.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He has got two more goals than Lacazette (if you take goals and assists Lacazette is ahead) in a team with the same amount of points as Lyon. This forum and the fanbase couldn't wait to be rid of him.

Tbh this probably says more about the fan base than it does about any of the players…

…Is what @Nacho would say

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has a long term contract, 2 tears left after this season. Easy decision to sell if he doesn't renew. .but nice if he extends. I hate hoarding young talent though...think he is a starter quality and big potential for a top CL club.
Yeah I’m not fan of young players being backup for young players.

Ciscoo

Doesn’t Balo and Nketiah have the same agent? I’m not sure he’ll want both his assets competing here long term.

Ideally we’d get into the habit of selling with a buy back clause. I can think of a few talents who might be good enough in 2+ years but need to play every week.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Has to be taken into context though - Balogun has scored well over half their goals and I've actually watched Reims and they are TERRIBLE. Like genuinely bad - worse than Lyon. That Balogun is playing as well as he is and scoring as many as he is is actually very impressive.

Take nothing away from what Eddie's done though. I think the conversation is being made much harder by both players doing extremely well under the circumstances they are in - you wouldn't want to sell either player (agendas aside). I expect it to be tight. I do wonder what the plan is when Balogun comes back this Summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Has to be taken into context though - Balogun has scored well over half their goals and I've actually watched Reims and they are TERRIBLE. Like genuinely bad - worse than Lyon. That Balogun is playing as well as he is and scoring as many as he is is actually very impressive.

Take nothing away from what Eddie's done though. I think the conversation is being made much harder by both players doing extremely well under the circumstances they are in - you wouldn't want to sell either player (agendas aside). I expect it to be tight. I do wonder what the plan is when Balogun comes back this Summer.
I don’t think it’s agendas. He has done extremely well, but we talking about 21 year old striker with 14 goals and counting in a defensive team. I expect him to go over 20. Come summer time he will be a very wanted man. There will be PL teams promising him to make him their main striker and offer very good wages. I just don’t see how he will pass on that opportunity to be part of the first team for us

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I like him a lot, but the quality of his finishes are not great yet. Check all his goals and you still see what I mean. I think we should extend his loan term. He learn much more with playing regularly

Dodero

He is not gonna get minutes ahead of Jesus or Nketiah. He is not gonna get minutes based on what he done in France. The manager who watched him train everyday sent him on loan twice and was always behind nketiah before nketiah did anything in the PL. He is not suddenly come back and start games here
It was the same case with Saliba, but he came back and started all the games, moving White to the RB spot, can be the same with Jesús just saying..

MA08

Saliba says hi!!!
He is not gonna get minutes ahead of Jesus or Nketiah. He is not gonna get minutes based on what he done in France. The manager who watched him train everyday sent him on loan twice and was always behind nketiah before nketiah did anything in the PL. He is not suddenly come back and start games here

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

How great is it to see an academy boy do so well on loan? Whatever comes next, it is good for us. If he wasn’t already ours there would be calls to sign him for 60M! That amount of goals in a mediocre team is not normal.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom