• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

FluffyDoozi

How do go from struggling in the championship to this? That league must be poor tbh.
Because the development of young players isn't always linear, especially for a kid making his first foray into men's football. Eddie also couldn't get game time at Leeds as well but look at how much he's improved since.

I've caught a little glimpse of this Reims team and they seemed to be good offensively, a large part of which was due to Balogun's movement. Just seen his stats that he has an xG of 12.8 so it doesn't look like it's some purple patch and he'll be among the top scorers and probably win the Young player of the year.

I'd keep him. Seems to have more in his game than Eddie. One thing that Eddie has in abundance is confidence in his ability. Man's been proving people wrong all his career. What a great problem to have.

Gn1212

Arteta and Edu were working on Jesus for almost a year in advance and made him the highest paid player at the club and one of our captains, while his arrival completely transformed the team, and people think he isn't a guaranteed starter? šŸ¤£

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Iā€™m truly baffled! Heā€™s arguably our best player. Heā€™s been injured a couple of months and people have forgotten how good heā€™s been for us. I really donā€™t know about this place sometimes šŸ˜‚
They listen to dumb ex players. Nketiah has the shirt now, heā€s scoring. Jesus is the star player of the whole club. As soon as he fits he walks in the team

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Pity he wasn't at the club now, Eddie wouldn't have a look in, Eddie tries but I think Balogun is much better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looks to be one of our best recent loans this, well done Folarin!

amigo

Fantastic.I would have had him brought back to help see us over the line. Right now if anything happens to Eddie we are in deep trouble. Next year the squad will be be buzzing as we compete on 4 fronts.

AmsterdamGunner

He has got two more goals than Lacazette (if you take goals and assists Lacazette is ahead) in a team with the same amount of points as Lyon. This forum and the fanbase couldn't wait to be rid of him.
Not really the same tho, Lacazette is experienced but in decline and Balogun is unexperienced and on his way up in his development/career. They are passing each other maybe with around the same goals but it is easy te see which one you have to invest in.

Buhry

Established Member

As well as he is doing the fact that lacazette has only 2 goals less in that league and 4 of his goals are penalities makes me somewhat sceptical that it would carry over to making it here. Regardless it's great for us that he is doing so well.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People have lost their mind. Jesus is comfortably our best striker. He is levels above nketiah and Balogun as footballer
I'm happy to say Jesus is on Haaland level or close to that, although they do offer different things. Balogun looks like a decent baller to me, just not sure how he would perform in the PL

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pity he wasn't at the club now, Eddie wouldn't have a look in, Eddie tries but I think Balogun is much better.

Eddie tries :lol:

Its perfectly possible to give Balogun his flowers without having to dunk on Eddie you know. And for the record, Eddie is actually further on in his development than Balogun and would start ahead of him in this team now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As well as he is doing the fact that lacazette has only 2 goals less in that league and 4 of his goals are penalities makes me somewhat sceptical that it would carry over to making it here. Regardless it's great for us that he is doing so well.
Didn't Chelsea waste like Ā£70M on Werner doing the same thing? Do we even care if he would make it here or not? Think it's all about his value now, and that's how I see academy players, you either sell them or use, it's perfect

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Really happy to see Balogun do so well in France. He needs to continue his great work there and state a claim for a place in the team next season, like Saliba.

Otherwise, if there are plans to sell, then we need a very good fee here. Fifty plus please.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It was the same case with Saliba, but he came back and started all the games, moving White to the RB spot, can be the same with JesĆŗs just saying..
Saliba being starter means we had to shift White out wide to accommodate him at the cost of Tomi who is injured 90% of the time. If Tomi's fitness was reliable or we had better RB and White and Saliba were competing for the same spot one of them would be leaving for sure this summer. Which might still happen anyway seeing Saliba hasn't extended yet.

To do the same in CF would mean we'd have to shift Jesus at the cost of one of Saka/Martinelli to accomodate inferior talents in Balogun/Nketiah. It just makes no sense.

In the end both Balogun and Nketiah are in the same age bracket, only one of them will be able to make it at the club. It's just a question of should we allow them to compete for a season, lose value in the process or sell on high without giving Balogun a chance.

Buhry

Established Member

You would do well at Shakhtar or Benfica

They would demand a lot more than 50 for their leagues top scorer tbh. 80+

Didn't Chelsea waste like Ā£70M on Werner doing the same thing? Do we even care if he would make it here or not? Think it's all about his value now, and that's how I see academy players, you either sell them or use, it's perfect

That's what I'm thinking too. Either Arteta has plans for him like with Saliba or he should be worth a high fee if we don't think he has what it takes to suceed here.

Still apparently he is the top scoring u21 player in the big leagues this season. That's nothing to scoff at and gives our staff something to think about for next season for sure.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Right now if anything happens to Eddie we are in deep trouble.
Deep trouble? Why? Trossard has played about 30% of his games at Brighton in EPL as either CF (2/3) or SS (1/3). About 23% of his EPL appearances have also been as an AMF according to Transfermarkt.

One of the reasons he was such a good January reinforcement is his versatility. I have no doubt that he can be the 3rd false nine until the rest of the season, he has the qualities.

Jesus should also be back in a month or so, hopefully.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ā­

Arsenal Twitter are saying sell Jesus and play Balogun.

Arsenal Twitter is clinically insane.

I thought this was common knowledge provided to new supporters via their respective Gooner sponsors :lol:

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom