• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Randomly scrolling insta and see that only Kane and Haaland have more goals than him in all of Europe?

Erm that’s not normal is it? :lol:

Impressive really!!

Moreso when you realize one of his opponents is legally required to get a set # of pens throughout every campaign & the other is the world's first successfully deployed Cyborg.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Has anyone watched Flo closely this season? How is he getting his goals? Is he tap in merchant or are they legit nice goals?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has anyone watched Flo closely this season? How is he getting his goals? Is he tap in merchant or are they legit nice goals?
I haven't watched the games, but from videos of the goals he seems to do a bit of both. Being in the right place seems to be a attribute of his, a bit like Nketiah. Tap-ins aren't a bad sign either.

These are from 27th January 2023, before the last two games where he scored 4 goals in total, one penalty I think. Looks very good to me considering the team he plays in, and that it's his first season in Ligue 1. Before this season he had basically only played ~900 minutes in Championship.

Like I have said earlier, I think Arsenal will keep him and give a chance to him. Would be really weird to sell a top striker talent before giving him a chance at Arsenal. But it depends a lot if he extends and if Arteta and Edu trust him like they did with Nketiah, and if some of Jesus, Nketiah or Balogun will play more on the wings. Jesus would be a natural option for the wings but it's interesting to see if he accepts being more of a winger, because I think he was promised a striker role at Arsenal.

"Overall he has been involved in just under half of all the expected goals either through the build-up, assisting, or taking the final shot."

---

"(somewhat surprisingly his shooting suggests that he is pretty two-footed with just 56% of his footed shots favoring his right)"

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe623920d-0bd2-4f9a-bd76-f5c0b900cb95_1238x1022.png

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd5f90f2d-1222-4477-91f5-64b85951aec6_1051x1225.png

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F502472e2-c914-45b1-ad84-ee37a756b006_1112x1238.png

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Probably because it’s the hardest position to fill. Flop rate for strikers must be higher than any other position.

Last time I can remember a team with three or more legit striking options was when City had Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko.
They played a 4-4-1-1 in some games so they needed Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli like you say.

Malky

Established Member
For us to even be in this position that we're arguing who's the better striker, sitting top of the league and all 3 could potentially lead the line is an incredible situation for the club to be in.
Not long ago our CF options were Giroud, Welbeck and Sonogo. Before that it was RVP (elite) then the massive drop off to Chamakh and Bendtner 💀

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Wtf? One touch passing, backheels, strength, hold-up, movement (could've had 5-6 goals) finishing, touch... The guy's turning into a complete striker.

Jeeeeeezus that looks elite. My boy. Damn. His ability to shoot on the turn with his back to goal is sth that frankly neither Eddie nor Jesus has. Oddly enough his shooting seems less impressive when he actually has time.

One more loan to a better team/league and he is ready to slot in to our 1st 11. Ingredients are there.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think the current stats mean people are getting slightly carried away, I’m not saying it’s a fluky purple patch but we shouldn’t think he’s arrived. He needs more development, I’m still not blown away by clips I’ve seen at Reims.

Honestly the most sensible thing imo is the Saliba strategy, extend his deal and send him back to Reims, hopefully Will Still will still (lol) be there next season and it’ll be a good continuity to develop.
I agree but I'd try loan him to a better team, one that dominates possession a bit more perhaps? He's doing well enough that a PL loan where he actually gets game time could be possible.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has got two more goals than Lacazette (if you take goals and assists Lacazette is ahead) in a team with the same amount of points as Lyon. This forum and the fanbase couldn't wait to be rid of him.
Lacazette is being played to his strengths at Lyon. He wasn't here.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don’t think it’s agendas. He has done extremely well, but we talking about 21 year old striker with 14 goals and counting in a defensive team. I expect him to go over 20. Come summer time he will be a very wanted man. There will be PL teams promising him to make him their main striker and offer very good wages. I just don’t see how he will pass on that opportunity to be part of the first team for us

I think the Saliba loan(s) can serve as a great example to youngsters like Balogun. Not commenting on whether it was part of a master plan, but by hook or by crook we’ve established a precedent where we allow youngsters extensive time on loan to fully develop and then slot straight into our first team. He doesn’t need to come back now and fight.

Top Bottom