• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

D

Deleted member 102404

If we want to challenge for titles we have to be ruthless. Is Nelson good enough for that level? No, So we should let him move on, he is turning 23 next month and if he is serious about his career he should leave in the summer
There is ruthless and then there is stupid. Spending £60m on a player to replace Nelson - a player who may not even be as good - just because we need to be ruthless, just doesn't seem that smart to me.

TheDrunkenMaster

There is ruthless and then there is stupid. Spending £60m on a player to replace Nelson - a player who may not even be as good - just because we need to be ruthless, just doesn't seem that smart to me.
Yes that would be stupid. But it wouldn’t take 60 million to replace him. Nelson has done absolutely nothing for us to warrant a new contract. Someone like Olise who is also homegrown, that can play in multiple positions would cost around 35 million and there are other cheaper options that could do more than him.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think this World Cup break will be massive for Nelson, and the potential arrival of Mudryk does not necessarily harm his chances of making a career at Arsenal.

Arteta has known Nelson since he was a player at Arsenal, and he's expressed nothing but unwavering belief in his talent. This type of support is massive for a young player, and Nelson has started to deliver. During the WC break, Nelson will be training without Saka and Martinelli, so he'll get more chances to step up. We might have at least 3 friendly matches during this time, so he'll get more chances to show what he can do.

When the WC is over, Nelson might be the first name off the bench when we need an attacker. The fact that he can play on both flanks is also really helpful for him. Nketiah is a striker who can play on the wing, but Nelson is a winger who can play on the left and the right. He could be ahead of Nketiah in the pecking order. Also, ESR hopes to be back by the start of January, but it might take him a little while to get back to his best after being out for a while.

Additionally, if we sign Mudryk, I think it might take him a little while to get used to playing for us and in a new league. Who knows, he might hit the ground running, but it could be a case of us not seeing his best until next season. Either way, he plays exclusively on the left, so Nelson could still get plenty of minutes on the right.

This WC break could decide his career at Arsenal, and I hope it goes well. He could play a big part in the second half of the season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nelson has shown in his appearances this season alone, that he is worth time and investment IMO. Fairly confident he will be able to contribute minutes to our cause this season.

That said, we still need reinforcements in January.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes that would be stupid. But it wouldn’t take 60 million to replace him. Nelson has done absolutely nothing for us to warrant a new contract. Someone like Olise who is also homegrown, that can play in multiple positions would cost around 35 million and there are other cheaper options that could do more than him.
Olise has contract until 2026, he will cost much more than that at this point.

"The £35million release clause has been removed from Michael Olise’s contract, according to The Athletic.

It’s reported that the buyout, which had been written into Olise’s deal in the summer of 2021 when he joined from Reading for £8million, has been taken out."

If we want to challenge for titles we have to be ruthless. Is Nelson good enough for that level? No, So we should let him move on, he is turning 23 next month and if he is serious about his career he should leave in the summer

Why do we have to become ruthless like other top clubs? Why not try to win with style, trying to keep our core values that our greatest manager installed at the club?

Maybe its time to give up on Nelson. He has been here for long time. But he is also showing signs of life and who knows.

We dont have to be ruthless. There are enough uninteresting teams out there that are ruthless.

TheDrunkenMaster

Why do we have to become ruthless like other top clubs? Why not try to win with style, trying to keep our core values that our greatest manager installed at the club?

Maybe its time to give up on Nelson. He has been here for long time. But he is also showing signs of life and who knows.

We dont have to be ruthless. There are enough uninteresting teams out there that are ruthless.

What are our core values? In the pandemic we made most of our staff redundant, forced our players to take a wage cut and if they didn’t we made it public who wasn’t prepared to take a cut. We haven’t been honoring contracts and forcing players out left and right. Özil was released because he criticized the way a Muslim minority are being treated in china and the club was afraid of being blacklisted by china. Our stadium is named the Emirates stadium and we have visit Ruanda on our shirts. Our club also embarrassed us by being arrogant enough to want to join a European super league without us being able to qualify for the previous champions leagues. Now we are top of the league for the time being after two years of financial Doping. We are hardly the same Arsenal we used to be. Arsenal core values and the Arsenal way are myths. From wengers last few years up until this year we were playing some of the worst football in the league still talking about the Arsenal way

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know I'm too lazy to look for myself, any news about Reiss' injury ???
No news. I'd imagine we won't know till tomorrow at least. I'm hoping it's a minor hamstring and only 2 weeks. That at least makes him available for FA Cup weekend. Anything longer is a disaster for him IMO.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Anyone know I'm too lazy to look for myself, any news about Reiss' injury ???
I fear this injury is the curtain call for reiss’s Arsenal career 😔

He had a narrow window to impress with ESR still coming back. Now by the time he’s back in action we’ll have Mudryk and ESR fighting over the backup spots - I just don’t see a future for him anymore 😞

Just fyi - I don’t think this is a ‘bad’ thing. But it makes me sad all the same.

Top Bottom