• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fantastic news. Was never really in doubt Gabi has made it clear he loves the club and he's prepared to spent a significant amount of time here.

A lot of players would use Arsenal, get that exposure and then look elsewhere. Obviously we are flying at the moment but he seems the loyal type. That's rare in football and me, maybe being abit naive.

I love the little guy and he's been brilliant this season. Most wide forwards hit patches. Mahrez is known for doing "little" for periods them bursts. Almiron has slowed down. Grealish, Sterling etc all go through quiet moments.

Nothing to fear with Gabi. Now get that pen to Bukayo and Saliba and that's been some pretty positive news.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Because AM has to have one starting player who they can bash. There's no one else they can bash currently, so it has to be Martinelli because his form has dropped somewhat from the start of the season when he was very good.

And they can't fathom that a young player might have ups and downs once in a while.

FnUtvcvXkAIn6jb

Martinelli with 18x 90 min games and Kvara 10x 90 min games. Couldn't find a newer one, Kvara has likely continued in similar manner. Kvara plays in a worse league.

Crab has put Martinelli on the "similar players" list on the right.

Flp3zjqWABEv1Uz

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No issue with the club giving Saka, Martinelli and Saliba between 150-200k a week. It's the going rate for top young players who have actually shown something substantial.

Oh no, neither do I but they won't be earning that, Saka and Saliba can easily demand 250k.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To get him until 2028 with Saka and Saliba hopefully next we'll get our future sorted for next 4 years at least all 3 deserve 150K a week contracts at least. They cost us 37mil combined and they become top 5 best players in thier positions in europe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oh no, neither do I but they won't be earning that, Saka and Saliba can easily demand 250k.
Only saka will earn close 200k. Saliba i think will be just above 100k because he didn't sign extention before that. Still the funny thing they’ll earn less than sancho and Antony 💀

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Only saka will earn close 200k. Saliba i think will be just above 100k because he didn't sign extention before that. Still the funny thing they’ll earn less than sancho and Antony 💀

Disagree, Saliba and Saka will have offers from the likes of City & PSG those guys can demand quite frankly whatever they like.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Saliba will be getting a lot more than 100k. His contract situation means the club will have to pay him what he wants. Saka will probably be closer to 250k as well. He's our best player and will have to be paid like it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I assume the club knows what they are doing. They need to keep these players, because of how much they're worth and how important they are. So it's likely Saka and Saliba get that 220-250k per week because of their contract situation. Of course Martinelli didn't have a long contract either, but there were those rumours about 2 year option (which sounds pretty weird).

But Arsenal rising to title challenger level gives Arsenal more leverage, as it's assumed that these young players rather continue being starters at Arsenal, rather than risk it all in a new environment. They would be stupid to leave at this point.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you’re a proven top class PL player that’s the going rate. Think Pep said before the most important way a club can spend money is tying down your top players, so you have to pay then the going rate.

That being said if Gabi is 180k pw (deserved) then Saka should be looking at least 250k.

Top Bottom