• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Martinelli is a great player, but will never be world class. Maybe border on it, but hasn't got enough skills to be in that bracket.

How can you guys say this with such chest :lol:

He looks a bit limited as a winger, but a change of position of some slight adjustments who knows. Football changes quick and what holds him back today might work for him down the line.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Once you’re top of the league and every other club in the world is looking at your showcased talent, you’re players are in the driving seat when it comes to contract extensions. The club will either have to pay it or run down contracts. Martinelli has been ripping clubs apart with his pace so £200K is probably about right these days.

Our wage bill will soon be massive, no doubt about it.

If you want world class players to play for you club you have to pay them world class wages, it’s as simple as that. That’s a big reason guys like Cesc and Nasri left back in the day.

The good think is we didn’t pay big transfer fees for a lot of our top guys, so paying them big money to keep them shouldn’t be an issue.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The curse of the new contract to hit Nelli?

skysports-leandro-trossard_5871825.jpg

We’re closely watching.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You either pay them or you lose them. Considering it would cost many many millions to buy young players of the quality of Saka and Saliba, it’s obviously much more sensible to pay them to stay here.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He’s been consistently great for more than one season and is the face of Arsenal and arguably England now. He should sack his agent if 200k is the most he can get out of Arsenal.

He’s also got a 2 years left. Every club in the country would pay Saka 250/300k to have him at their club.
They really wouldn't pay him 300k. It's sooo much for most clubs. And for us. Look at Sp**s wages and they have had several seasons with CL when we have not. We have other players that are of the same and better skill level than saka earning far less than 300k(highest earner is jesus for like 250).

Saka has not been close to a 300k player for more than purple patches imo. He's been great, but not that. Thats Mohamed Salah around 30 goals + ?? assists per season for several seasons money. Saka has low two digits goals and single digit assists, in his best season he's ever had.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ronaldo is the most famous planet on planet earth and arguably ever, they’re not paying him because of what he can offer them on a pitch. Not a fair comparison.

Harry Kane signed that deal what, 5 years ago? The markets moved on. His next contract will be far greater than that I assure you.

The club will pay Saka what his agent demands, he is to valuable to the club on numerous levels for us to not come to an agreement.

It you want world class players at your club you have to pay them accordingly.
So if Saka demanded 350k a week would you give him it?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So if Saka demanded 350k a week would you give him it?

Yep if that’s what it took. He’s 21 years old and in the top 3 RWs in the world. He’s also the face of the club and arguably his country, and didn’t cost the club any money in transfer fees.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yep if that’s what it took. He’s 21 years old and in the top 3 RWs in the world. He’s also the face of the club and arguably his country, and didn’t cost the club any money in transfer fees.
You do that you end up having to pay Ramsdale 200k, Ødegaard club captain 250k, White 200k, Xhaka 200k etc.

I think we need to show Saka how much he means to the club but we also need to be careful with how we go about it.

If we have Saka highest paid say on 200-220k it makes keeping the rest of the wages at a reasonable level. And for a club like ours it's important to have some limits.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't the "just give me a pen" thing, something James Benge said to him rather than something Martinelli thought up?

If so, then I am disgusted the club tweeted something inspired by Benge as the little warm up to the contract announcement

If you want to get angry at anything about this deal, that's what you get angry at!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You do that you end up having to pay Ramsdale 200k, Ødegaard club captain 250k, White 200k, Xhaka 200k etc.

I think we need to show Saka how much he means to the club but we also need to be careful with how we go about it.

If we have Saka highest paid say on 200-220k it makes keeping the rest of the wages at a reasonable level. And for a club like ours it's important to have some limits.

Other than Ødegaard, those guys aren’t on Saka’s level. They’re also not attacking players so commend less money. This comparisons you’re making aren’t really valid.

You pay world class players the market rate, it’s as simple as that. Pretty sure the club know this as well given Martinelli’s latest deal.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He looks a bit limited as a winger, but a change of position of some slight adjustments who knows. Football changes quick and what holds him back today might work for him down the line.
AM already decided he is a winger, I've been through that battle already and it's futile.

I rate him much higher as a CF, great instinct, fast reactions, shooting capacity, and physique. He just looks like a dumbass most of the time on the wing, reminds me of Walcott at times

Riou

Saka will become our highest paid player at around £250,000 I reckon...Saliba with a bit less, but still above £200,000.

Neither will leave this summer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Other than Ødegaard, those guys aren’t on Saka’s level. They’re also not attacking players so commend less money. This comparisons you’re making aren’t really valid.

You pay world class players the market rate, it’s as simple as that. Pretty sure the club know this as well given Martinelli’s latest deal.
You completely missed my point.

If Saka is getting 350k a week. The likes of Ramsdale who's maybe on 60k. Or Ødegaard who's maybe on 100k. Or White who's maybe on 80k. They can all ask for significant raises. Not to Sakas level but if Saka is getting 350k a week all those other players would be entitled to ask for at least half if not more.

Which means you have a squad that is all on big wages. You can't have Saka on 350k and White on 70k.

It's a stupid debate anyway as Saka won't be getting close to 350k a week. It will fall between 200-250k. But I'm trying to explain why "just give him what he wants" as in 350k a week is dangerous.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AM already decided he is a winger, I've been through that battle already and it's futile.

I rate him much higher as a CF, great instinct, fast reactions, shooting capacity, and physique. He just looks like a dumbass most of the time on the wing, reminds me of Walcott at times
Walcott was a superb winger before his knee reconstruction during his prime.

Riou

Most of our players will be due significant wage increases soon, and considering their ages it will be both deserved for them and carry low risk from the club's point of view.

The players have taken us from 8th in 2021, to a title challenge and back in the Champions League by just 2023...you have to reward that.

As I said money is mad in this sport these days, as long as the players are good (and are a good age to keep playing well/improving) then just be happy they are at our club.

Tomb Bombadil

If Martinelli gets £180k (does he?) and they compare it to him than Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Ødegaard will want these numbers or maybe a little bit less.

I see that we get him for a small amount but our wage bill will raise a lot now anyway. We overpaid, problem was we should have let him sign a new contract last year. Or we could have given him a sign-on bonus and lower salary (120-140k + 6-10m).

And Martinelli is not our standout player. If he's not signing a new contract altought I really like him he would still get a lot of money.

Last edited:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

My lord, just stop with the nickel and diming attitude. This is how you repeat the period during Wenger when our best player consistently left us. Which prevented us from challenging consistently.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom