• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can't compare one player at the start of their club career and one at the end.

Özil 3 Fa cups. Decent return but again so often disappeared when we needed him most.

So basically in order for Ødegaard to have had a bigger impact to the club than Özil he will need to deliver a league title, a European title, or a few FA cups while helping us get CL football once or twice.

It's not beyond belief.
Özil at Ødegaard's age would have started at any team in the world. But Ødegaard...

Anyway, Özil was arguably the biggest player this club had ever signed and he's wasn't much older than Ødegaard when we signed him. Ødegaard has been here for 18 months and his productive us not even to half of what Özil used to produce for us before his decline.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Özil at Ødegaard's age would have started at any team in the world. But Ødegaard...

Anyway, Özil was arguably the biggest player this club had ever signed and he's wasn't much older than Ødegaard when we signed him. Ødegaard has been here for 18 months and his productive us not even to half of what Özil used to produce for us before his decline.
I'm not disputing the better player. Özil at his peak was world class. Ødegaard doesn't have that level in him.

What I am suggesting is, is that Ødegaard can lead the team to a degree of success over the next 5-10 years depending on how long he stays.

I'm not talking assists. I'm talking about being a significant part of a team that wins things. Özil helped Arsenal win 3 FA cups.

Some may think we have no chance to match that. But if we were able to win the EL this year and pick up maybe the FA Cup would you agree that in terms of trophies, Ødegaard has led Arsenal to more than Özil led us to? Obviously it's a team game and there are variables. Manger etc.

I just feel at the end of his career at Arsenal providing he stays Odegaards time may be seen as more productive that Ozils. I'm not saying he's a better player. He isn't.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I will definitely believe statements from an agent published by Tribalfootball.
They're believable to me. I don't think there was anything going on behind the scenes with Özil as people speculated. It looked nothing more than a sporting issue to me. God teta tried to play with Özil in the first few games in a 4-2-1-3 and saw that it just wasn't worth it, and the team wasn't good enough to play in that style nor carry a player who was a non-entity in the defensive phase. I really don't think there's more than that, the whole thing always just struck me as a big debate made out of people not really wanting to look into the basic tactical realities of the situation or accept God teta's judgment.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah, I'd love to know if there's a reason he mentioned Auba but I think that's pretty poor.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Özil at Real was world class. Özil at Arsenal was mediocre. The money wasted on him could have been invested better but again that's hindsight.

Ødegaard who has half the talent that Özil did will achieve more at Arsenal.

Ødegaard can't be judged until his time here is up. Let's wait and see but I feel Ødegaard will achieve more.

You can't compare one player at the start of their club career and one at the end.

Özil 3 Fa cups. Decent return but again so often disappeared when we needed him most.

So basically in order for Ødegaard to have had a bigger impact to the club than Özil he will need to deliver a league title, a European title, or a few FA cups while helping us get CL football once or twice.

It's not beyond belief.

I'm not disputing the better player. Özil at his peak was world class. Ødegaard doesn't have that level in him.

What I am suggesting is, is that Ødegaard can lead the team to a degree of success over the next 5-10 years depending on how long he stays.

I'm not talking assists. I'm talking about being a significant part of a team that wins things. Özil helped Arsenal win 3 FA cups.

Some may think we have no chance to match that. But if we were able to win the EL this year and pick up maybe the FA Cup would you agree that in terms of trophies, Ødegaard has led Arsenal to more than Özil led us to? Obviously it's a team game and there are variables. Manger etc.

I just feel at the end of his career at Arsenal providing he stays Odegaards time may be seen as more productive that Ozils. I'm not saying he's a better player. He isn't.

I stand by what I said about Ødegaard. I could see something was brewing in the wee man!!!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Tbf he quit football 3-4 years ago.

Shame how the final portion of his career panned out. In his prime he was a majestic talent.

Top Bottom