• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

TinFish

How can you guys say this with such chest :lol:

He looks a bit limited as a winger, but a change of position of some slight adjustments who knows. Football changes quick and what holds him back today might work for him down the line.
There you go. How many truly world class wingers look limited at this age? Saka looks a lot more complete. But Martinelli is still good at the top level for a club like Arsenal.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Saka is or will be England's golden boy alongside Bellingham for the next decade, that moves him to 250-300k territory.

Any agent worth their salt will be pushing for that type of deal wrt Saka.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

My lord, just stop with the nickel and diming attitude. This is how you repeat the period during Wenger when our best player consistently left us. Which prevented us from challenging consistently.

lol everyday "my lord" or telling A-M off for having opinions.

Some of the people jumping up and down about salaries are suddenly ok with it now and it deserves to get mentioned.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

AM already decided he is a winger, I've been through that battle already and it's futile.

I rate him much higher as a CF, great instinct, fast reactions, shooting capacity, and physique. He just looks like a dumbass most of the time on the wing, reminds me of Walcott at times

He's somehow escaped the limited tag despite his head down style of dribbling and being a not so creative winger, but that's one for the unconscious bias thread.

He has world class mentality already as corny as it sounds, so whilst he's far from the silkiest Arsenal attacker I've ever seen it would be foolish to put a ceiling on him.

At his age he has already climbed several tiers of football, overcome adverisity in serious injury and breaking into Arteta's team which some grown men haven't managed. Even a doomer like myself would say that bodes well.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He's somehow escaped the limited tag

Agree with everything you said but idk about this - he clearly divides opinion, at least around here. It’s just less vitriolic with him than others in the past. Also one for the unconscious bias thread perhaps…

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Agree with everything you said but idk about this - he clearly divides opinion, at least around here. It’s just less vitriolic with him than others in the past. Also one for the unconscious bias thread perhaps…

I feel like his Brazilian nationality has helped his reputation among the Arsenal fans in some regard. It really could just be his age which makes many reluctant to pick holes in his game and I've gotten the wrong end of the stick, which happens.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saka is or will be England's golden boy alongside Bellingham for the next decade, that moves him to 250-300k territory.

Any agent worth their salt will be pushing for that type of deal wrt Saka.
Saka ain’t gonna get that at his age. And I really doubt he would want to live in Manchester for extra money. He is a London boy. He will get a deal of 200k

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need to get Kane's agent to rep all our main players, tbh.

He would get Saka and Saliba signing 10 year contracts here on reduced terms, that's how great/crap he is as an agent!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Saka ain’t gonna get that at his age. And I really doubt he would want to live in Manchester for extra money. He is a London boy. He will get a deal of 200k

He could absolutely get it at City and United.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Need to get Kane's agent to rep all our main players, tbh.

He would get Saka and Saliba signing 10 year contracts here on reduced terms, that's how great/crap he is as an agent!
Well Harry Kane's agent is his brother so you can see genetically why the deal looks the way it does. Levy should be done for taking advantage of a vulnerable person.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He's somehow escaped the limited tag despite his head down style of dribbling and being a not so creative winger, but that's one for the unconscious bias thread.

He has world class mentality already as corny as it sounds, so whilst he's far from the silkiest Arsenal attacker I've ever seen it would be foolish to put a ceiling on him.

At his age he has already climbed several tiers of football, overcome adverisity in serious injury and breaking into Arteta's team which some grown men haven't managed. Even a doomer like myself would say that bodes well.

Can you define "creative"? Because when you look at Martinelli's numbers, there's not many players in his position at his age that have his end product so I'm curious to understand what context "creative" means.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
@Rex Bezos what you got against boy king mate? Now that Trossard can give him a rest here and there and some competition i think he will have a good second half

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No issue with the club giving Saka, Martinelli and Saliba between 150-200k a week. It's the going rate for top young players who have actually shown something substantial.
Saka going for closer to 250, Saliba will be well over 200k also

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Can you define "creative"? Because when you look at Martinelli's numbers, there's not many players in his position at his age that have his end product so I'm curious to understand what context "creative" means.

I think he means “stylistically”. There’s no doubting Nellis end product. Some have even dubbed him an “end product merchant” (not entirely sure if that’s meant as an insult or not).

I love him. Think he’s brilliant, and 180k is about right I think. The market is what it is. We don’t operate in a bubble. Unlike some of the posters on here 😑

That is not to say he’s perfect. He has room (and time) to grow and get even better.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah I am aware his dribbles and actions lead to chances created, but instead of waffling I will ask this.

Arsenal's current wide forward options: Saka, ESR, Trossard, Martinelli

Almost all are capable of playing behind the striker as a number 8 or 10, guess who is the odd man out?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He could absolutely get it at City and United.
Again I doubt he want to live in Manchester for few extra bucks. It’s a sh1thole and it always rains. Hell even Declan Rice has informed media he want to stay in London. Saka is too connected to Arsenal and london to leave

Latest posts+

Top Bottom