• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Every great player was 15 at one point, i would kinda like to keep our best prospects.
Also every great 15 year old don’t become great player. Again these big club has so much money they can affordg to gamble on as many kids hoping one or two make it.

Chelsea signed Chukwuemeka, Andrey Santos and Casadei. All 18 year old central midfielders.

Nwaneri and the kid from Fulham Harris are exactly same profile. This is just calculated gambles in getting as many rated kids to give yourself best chance not to miss out. Most will be moved on. They offer these kids way more money than anyone would.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This will be a terrible look for the club
SecretScout been pushing this agenda for a while (pretty sure he's a Chelsea fan).

The competition for his signature is fierce but I don't have many doubts that he'll sign for us. He's arguably in the best place to progress among all the big 6 clubs, even with Arteta's stinginess at times with the youngers' minutes - to sign anywhere else would be a poor move.

I'm more intrigued with what happens with Lewis-Skelly to be honest. I think he's likelier to stay but I'd like to be sure. Personally I think they're both staying - I think the club knows we have top talents with those two. I just wish we'd have loaned out a few of the older kids sooner to make even more room, but we've done more than enough I feel to keep them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Will be making F2 freestyle vids in a few years with Omari if he f*cks off to Chelsea.
Man, Hutchinson fumbled big time. Think his competition would have been fierce with Cozier-Duberry on the come up - I'd honestly have liked to see those two face-off for a spot - but he would have fared much better if he had stayed. Kia's last dagger at the club IMO. Seeing him come on for Chelsea against City was sad man, a cold debut against a huge team. Should have been on loan from the jump. Hopefully he will turn it around (preferably away from Chelsea).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Man, Hutchinson fumbled big time. Think his competition would have been fierce with Cozier-Duberry on the come up - I'd honestly have liked to see those two face-off for a spot - but he would have fared much better if he had stayed. Kia's last dagger at the club IMO. Seeing him come on for Chelsea against City was sad man, a cold debut against a huge team. Should have been on loan from the jump. Hopefully he will turn it around (preferably away from Chelsea).
Should've had that rumored West Brom loan from the start. He was thrown to the wolves when Chelsea was down bad and he did not make a good impression as a consequence. I reckon he will drift into obscurity now. He obviously has the tools but Chelsea is the worst environment right now for his development. Incredibly short sighted move on his part.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Should've had that rumored West Brom loan from the start. He was thrown to the wolves when Chelsea was down bad and he did not make a good impression as a consequence. I reckon he will drift into obscurity now. He obviously has the tools but Chelsea is the worst environment right now for his development. Incredibly short sighted move on his part.
I think that's part of why Arteta isn't playing younger inexperienced players in tough games easily. If it doesn't go very well (which is likely), their confidence can get wrecked. It's better to build them up with easier games.

Hutchinson story is actually great for Arsenal, because any young talent can see that a move to another big club can go terribly wrong.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why would you go to Chelsea apart from getting the bag right?

Not like we’re not gonna develop him any worse ffs.
Tbf their Academy has been one of the best over the past five years so there's obviously some good coaching and people there but it's definitely the bag. As we just saw today, their squad is so bloated that they had to leave out several players on registration. I'm pretty sure when Omari turns 21 he won't even be at Chelsea anymore or wouldn't get registered for PL etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf their Academy has been one of the best over the past five years so there's obviously some good coaching and people there but it's definitely the bag. As we just saw today, their squad is so bloated that they had to leave out several players on registration. I'm pretty sure when Omari turns 21 he won't even be at Chelsea anymore or wouldn't get registered for PL etc.

Yeah fully agree on the academy but the next step to break through there is dicey.

Yes Reece James and Mount have come through but they needed good loans.

You have guys like CHO on the other hand who are in the footballing shadow realm.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If a player moved to Dortmund or Bundisliga, you understand they want to progress through more playing time. If they move to Chelsea or City they're essentially cashing out their career at the age of 16. Even an elite talent like Ødegaard wasted years of his development by going to Real. His development massively improved since his Arsenal move.

If Nwaneri looks at all the youth players who have flourished here and sees all the youth players suffocating at Chelsea and still wants that. Then he deserves every downfall it leads to.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Realistically what can you do? Big clubs are going to be sniffing around hyped kids.

It's not like you can be giving a 15 year old kid much if any first team gametime. Even a prodigy like Rooney didn't manage that.

I think he'll sign on here, I'm not too concerned. Chelsea would be a flat out idiotic career move and I'd fancy him to get a real chance here before he would at Man City.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned it Dortmund or the like were sniffing around.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Considering Chelsea's transfer policy, it is probably the last place you go as a young player now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If a player moved to Dortmund or Bundisliga, you understand they want to progress through more playing time. If they move to Chelsea or City they're essentially cashing out their career at the age of 16. Even an elite talent like Ødegaard wasted years of his development by going to Real. His development massively improved since his Arsenal move.

If Nwaneri looks at all the youth players who have flourished here and sees all the youth players suffocating at Chelsea and still wants that. Then he deserves every downfall it leads to.

Dortmund is still the smart move.

Sancho may have flopped at Utd but he’s secured generational wealth on his Bundesliga years alone.

I don’t think with the new Brexit rules that Nwaneri can move out there though until he’s turned 18?

Rouski

It's not this guy's fault if other clubs are interested in him, it just shows he's talented. It sounds like one of his biggest issues will be keeping his feet on the ground. If he can do that he will get a lot of respect for having humility.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Can't be too worried over this. Top clubs get top players in every window, if he leaves for Chelsea at the age of 16 for a fat paycheck, good luck to him.

I remember Zelalem getting hyped as the next Ballon d'Or winner back in the days. Not sure if he even plays football anymore.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom