• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I take 100k on an 8-year contract over a top career in football tbh.

In this kid's eyes he will have cars, and designer clothes, his mother is set for life, and he will have state of art high-tech gaming room for a fortnight and these games they play today.

Mate the games called fortnite not 'for a fortnight'. It's not about taking your new wife away on a honeymoon for 2 weeks unfortunately.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Man, Hutchinson fumbled big time. Think his competition would have been fierce with Cozier-Duberry on the come up - I'd honestly have liked to see those two face-off for a spot - but he would have fared much better if he had stayed. Kia's last dagger at the club IMO. Seeing him come on for Chelsea against City was sad man, a cold debut against a huge team. Should have been on loan from the jump. Hopefully he will turn it around (preferably away from Chelsea).
Its hard for these kids with ****ty agents when the likes of Chavski come along throwing double size contracts at them. It looked like a stupid move for the player at the time (especially a he would have def made EL squads this year), and now they've signed 6 attackers ahead of him in the pecking order, on top of the multiple ones already there.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Man, Hutchinson fumbled big time. Think his competition would have been fierce with Cozier-Duberry on the come up - I'd honestly have liked to see those two face-off for a spot - but he would have fared much better if he had stayed. Kia's last dagger at the club IMO. Seeing him come on for Chelsea against City was sad man, a cold debut against a huge team. Should have been on loan from the jump. Hopefully he will turn it around (preferably away from Chelsea).
I think Hutchinson just went for the money tbh. Plus I heard he was a Chelsea fan as a kid. I never thought Hutchinson or Marcelo Flores were top talents or something special. I liked Hutchinson, but nothing about his game was incredible to me. He is agile, decent technically, but doesn't really have one stand out quality, he doesn't even play with the IQ of like a 17 year old Saka or even current version of Duberry. Flores to me was just another dribble merchant. Like the look of Nwaneri, kids a smooth operator, typical Arsène Wenger type.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Man, hope he sees our talent in our squad currently polaying. We got several from our academy playing in or at minimum around our first team now. Been here for a long time. Surely hey don't think he'll get more time at other places? Very young still though, far away from being a valuable player.

But i do agree with some previous posters. I really would like to keep our top prospects.

Afro Mugo

SecretScout been pushing this agenda for a while (pretty sure he's a Chelsea fan).

The competition for his signature is fierce but I don't have many doubts that he'll sign for us. He's arguably in the best place to progress among all the big 6 clubs, even with Arteta's stinginess at times with the youngers' minutes - to sign anywhere else would be a poor move.

I'm more intrigued with what happens with Lewis-Skelly to be honest. I think he's likelier to stay but I'd like to be sure. Personally I think they're both staying - I think the club knows we have top talents with those two. I just wish we'd have loaned out a few of the older kids sooner to make even more room, but we've done more than enough I feel to keep them.
Take the reports from that account with a pinch of salt. He's a massive Chelsea fan and of course Chelsea are seriously interested in him , and if they are getting positive feelings from his camp I'm almost certain its agent trying to get the best deal he can from us. Both Ethan and Myles are massive gooners who've been with us since like age six or seven, and the club has pushed them as far as the club can.. It's not even like their pathway is blocked by any u23 players because they were picked over the likes of Bandeira Ibrahim and Henry Francis to go to Dubai.. Ethan got more game time than Cirjan in Dubai. Wilshere said they still play them in u18s because it's still important at their age they still be able to play with their peers. I'm still certain he'll stay because Mikel has shown him he's next in line and I don't think whatever money he is demanding at 17 will be a big problem if he's advisors are good advisors. I'm not certain but I highly suspect he shares an agent with Saka, Nketiah, Balogun and Khayon, and we know how it goes with that agency.

DuBB

If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays.

There isn't much the club can do. It's not like we let his deal lapse or we undervalued him or anything.

At this age and at this stage, the choice them and their team's make are the choice you live with.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We secured Lewis-Skelly. Just need to get Nwaneri over the line now. He started tonight's game on the bench (he played a couple days ago for u21s). Think he stays aswell 🙏🏾.
He looks better than I thought. Has a lot of tenacity like camavinga. It’s all good having these talents. I still believe Arteta is too similar to Pep in that he ain’t gonna trust kids

City had Lavia and sold him for 10 million and bought Phillips for 45 million.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We lost this don...

latest

...can't afford the same mistake with Ethan!

Geofranco

He looks better than I thought. Has a lot of tenacity like camavinga. It’s all good having these talents. I still believe Arteta is too similar to Pep in that he ain’t gonna trust kids

City had Lavia and sold him for 10 million and bought Phillips for 45 million.

One of the scouts said Skelly and Nwaneri were among the top 10 most talented to ever come out of Hale End. But we also had one saying Patino was clear of Wilshere as a talent and another saying Saka would only become a top player as a wingback.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One of the scouts said Skelly and Nwaneri were among the top 10 most talented to ever come out of Hale End. But we also had one saying Patino was clear of Wilshere as a talent and another saying Saka would only become a top player as a wingback.
Yeah and iwobi wasn’t even clear in his age group and became solid pl player. It’s hard to predict 16/17 year olds future. I do think you need certain level of athleticism at the highest level and this kid beats Patino in that aspect

Geofranco

Yeah and iwobi wasn’t even clear in his age group and became solid pl player. It’s hard to predict 16/17 year olds future. I do think you need certain level of athleticism at the highest level and this kid beats Patino in that aspect
Skelly looks like he has everything to become a top player. I can only see horrific injuries and a bad attitude/poor work ethic stopping him. He has the physicality, athleticism, technique and guile. I wish he'd grow a couple more inches in height, that's prob the only thing I'd be critical of, but it's not a deal breaker. Everything else he needs to improve will be done with more reps and experience.

Afro Mugo

I always laugh at the Saka quote as it came from the head of academy at the time Andries Jonker.. I think those comments depend on the scout's personal bias.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I always laugh at the Saka quote as it came from the head of academy at the time Andries Jonker.. I think those comments depend on the scout's personal bias.
Nah it wasn't Jonker, he'd left by then IIRC. It was Marcel Lucassen, who Mertesacker brought in to help with the development of the academy training system. He did a decent job but turned out he resigned after being investigated for racism 🙃.

I remember the quote well, he said Saka had potential to be top 3 wing back/full back in world football but top 30 as a pure winger - I didn't disagree too much with the former but felt he had a lot of potential further forward aswell. Think Saka started to prove him wrong quite early on. Testament to Saka's character even more than his ability. Ljungberg had a big part to play in that aswell, elevated Sakas game in the short time he coached him. Ljungberg was crucial for quite a few players (Willock in particular).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom