• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The comparisons @Nacho makes to Auba are probably more salient than we think tbh. Given Nelly’s status as an “end product merchant” - if that end product dries up he may find himself on the out looking in fairly quickly.

I don’t see that happening fortunately. Also I would add unlike Auba, Martinellis pressing game is fierce.

blrgooner

Established Member
The comparisons @Nacho makes to Auba are probably more salient than we think tbh. Given Nelly’s status as an “end product merchant” - if that end product dries up he may find himself on the out looking in fairly quickly.

I don’t see that happening fortunately. Also I would add unlike Auba, Martinellis pressing game is fierce.
I haven'T read all the posts in this thread but does anyone really think that martinelli is an "end product merchant"? I thought he was all "put your head down and run" without any end product. What is the exact opinion of people here who are intelligent enough to rate the "football IQ" here?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I don't know, Martinelli has some elite mentality.

Never lets his head down (metaphorically, or course), so he'll keep trying to make something happen. It's one of his best qualities, never hides.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't know, Martinelli has some elite mentality.

Never lets his head down (metaphorically, or course), so he'll keep trying to make something happen. It's one of his best qualities, never hides.
Reason why I loved Suarez as player. I have never seen a player like Suarez who could have as many fvck ups in one match and has zero doubt in his next action

Buhry

Established Member

Exactly! We lost Ashley Cole who is one of the best fullbacks let alone left backs ever to play. We didn’t wanna give him a extra 50k a week and he went on to get the pay he deserved then won a crap load of honours. People want Saka to do the same apparently with this penny pinching. We are the only club who’s fans are obsessed with players salaries. I used to be too but I grew up and found out the clubs have been robbing fans for years and it’s not our money anyway! I’m here to enjoy good football with exciting players and you should be too.

Agreed, if we want to be an elite club we actually need to pay up to keep talent like Saka and Saliba, if not they'll go to the likes of city/real/psg and get the wage they are worth there, and we'll be stuck trying to buy a replacement that'll probably be worse and also a risk that they might not work at all for us, also probably that'll be us going back to scrap for top 4. If we can keep our top talent and challenge for the league and CL for a few years commercially that would be worth a lot of money as well, would probably cover the wage increases anway.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I haven'T read all the posts in this thread but does anyone really think that martinelli is an "end product merchant"? I thought he was all "put your head down and run" without any end product. What is the exact opinion of people here who are intelligent enough to rate the "football IQ" here?

I don’t see how anyone can argue that he doesn’t have end product. Numbers don’t lie. That’s why I thought the merchants had evolved their game from “head down” to “end product”.

bergholt

So where does he fit into the wage structure now? He must be in our 5 top paid players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So where does he fit into the wage structure now? He must be in our 5 top paid players.

For now, but the rest of the starting 11 will probably catch up.

Probably why Saka is purposely waiting even though he knows he is extending. Signing before Eddie and Martinelli would have been disaster for him, but now he’s about to get generational salary.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is what I hope he becomes.
For sure. How about this goal vs. much tougher opponent than Valencia, away from home?

Running competition with Dalot and scoring with left foot? It's in the beginning of the video.

No question for me which goal scoring is better from these two.

bergholt

For now, but the rest of the starting 11 will probably catch up.

Probably why Saka is purposely waiting even though he knows he is extending. Signing before Eddie and Martinelli would have been disaster for him, but now he’s about to get generational salary.

Yeah could be a problem though, so many increases needed. Capology has:

260k+: Jesus
250k+:
240k+:
230k+:
220k+:
210k+:
200k+: Partey
190k+:
180k+: Martinelli
170k+:
160k+:
150k+: Zinchenko
140k+:
130k+:
120k+: White, Xhaka
110k+: Ødegaard, Tierney, Jorginho (?)
100k+: Nketiah
90k+: Trossard
80k+:
70k+: Saka
60k+: Ramsdale
50k+: Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Elneny, Gabriel
40k+: Vieira, Saliba, ESR, Holding
30k+: Turner
20k+:
10k+: Nelson

Martinelli looks pretty high there, so at least Ødegaard, Saka, Ramsdale, Gabriel, Saliba would need significant increases.

* Ødegaard and Saka worth at least Martinelli and probably a bit more so around 200k each.
* Saliba would be comparing himself with Fofana who's on 200k so wouldn't be a lot less than that.
* Gabriel worth around the same as White so 120k.
* Ramsdale up towards Pickford's salary which is about 110k.

That's an increase of 90k + 130k + 160k + 70k + 50k which is 26m a year.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

250k+:
240k+:
230k+:
220k+:
210k+:
190k+:
170k+:
160k+:
140k+:
130k+:
80k+:
20k+:

Martinelli looks pretty high there, so at least Ødegaard, Saka, Ramsdale, Gabriel, Saliba would need significant increases.

* Ødegaard and Saka worth at least Martinelli and probably a bit more so around 200k each.
* Saliba would be comparing himself with Fofana who's on 200k so wouldn't be a lot less than that.

Exactly, well explained.

Yup, could be a problem, but it's not my problem.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

250k+:
240k+:
230k+:
220k+:
210k+:
190k+:
170k+:
160k+:
140k+:
130k+:
80k+:
20k+:

Worth noting an increase of £26m a year would be covered (and then some) by qualifying for the CL. You get around £22m for just getting through the group stages, and that's not factoring in ticket sales, TV etc.

zPk2wMY.png

From Swiss Ramble.

Also somewhat highlights the unsustainable nature of 6-7 clubs building squads around getting CL money but the PL only having 4 qualification spots.

bergholt

Worth noting an increase of £26m a year would be covered (and then some) by qualifying for the CL. You get around £22m for just getting through the group stages, and that's not factoring in ticket sales, TV etc.

zPk2wMY.png

From Swiss Ramble.

Also somewhat highlights the unsustainable nature of 6-7 clubs building squads around getting CL money but the PL only having 4 qualification spots.

Yeah interesting, though you should take into account the marginal increase vs EL rather than the absolute number because this year's budget has EL in it. €12m then for participating which is £10.8m, then another maybe €10m for getting through the group stage which is £9m, so between them don't quite cover the £26m we're talking about.

But I agree with the broad point which is that increases in revenue should cover the increases in salary if we're going to be consistently successful again.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I really don’t care too much but I feel like 180k is quite steep for Martinelli at this stage personally.

I thought it was going to be more in the 130-150k range, and then Saka on 180k.

Now we may need to slap Saka 230-250k.

Bit higher than expected for them but the most important thing is keeping the player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really don’t care too much but I feel like 180k is quite steep for Martinelli at this stage personally.

I thought it was going to be more in the 130-150k range, and then Saka on 180k.

Now we may need to slap Saka 230-250k.

Bit higher than expected for them but the most important thing is keeping the player.

Saka was never gonna be less than 200k irrespective of what Martinelli is getting, I do feel tho it'll be 250k minimum if not north of that. I don't think it's that big of an issue at all, certainly not to the extent that people are making it out to be. I always thought this ideal stuff about having this wage cap was always unrealistic, when there's clubs out there willing to offer a lot more it was never gonna last, not if we're gonna be competitive. Liverpool tried the same for as long as they could but caved in for Salah. We've already proven we're willing to give Auba 350k and as much as we want to never do something like that again if the player proves he's worth it and other clubs are willing to give that player that much then we'll have to adjust accordingly. That's what big clubs have to contend with.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

250k+:
240k+:
230k+:
220k+:
210k+:
190k+:
170k+:
160k+:
140k+:
130k+:
80k+:
20k+:

This is a good point, and very likely why Arsenal tries to mostly get young talent with low wages.

Rice of course has like 120k per week, but as you can see with White acquisition and his bigger wages, they are willing to pay more wages for EPL proven talent. They naturally have bigger wages as EPL clubs can pay that. Rice would likely get Partey wages, and needs like one extension more later so it's not end of the world.

I really doubt Arsenal will go for anyone with huge wages like De Jong. United is likely willing to give him the wages he wants if he even leaves.

Arsenal's wages in this tweet don't look bad to me with the trajectory Arsenal has. It's also possible not to buy so many players next summer (let's say just Rice, RB and LB and trust Balogun), so you can keep your powder dry and use that extra transfer budget to wages.

Top Bottom