• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He doesn't look any worse than Ødegaard did at times during his loan spell and even last season. He needs game time and some confidence.

blrgooner

Established Member
He doesn't look any worse than Ødegaard did at times during his loan spell and even last season. He needs game time and some confidence.
I don`t think he looks as good as Ødegaard looked (I thought he was really good from day one except for 1-2 poor games), but he seems to be getting the same kind of criticism here as Ødegaard got.
AM is usually very hard on players who are not physically strong. Ødegaard hasnt necessarily become Physically stronger but our game suits him more and suddenly most people here like him again.
I wonder if Vieira was 6ft 5inches tall and built like a tank and produced the same performances, whether the criticism will be the same.
I mean for me his performances have been on an average atleast 6.5/10 ( Has produced great moments in a few games and has had a few average games). This is not the worst case for a player who has played very little football. He has been pretty much a Pepe replacement so far from that perspective.

UkrArsenal

he will definitely stay with us for the next season. It is necessary to give him time, he is in a new championship, he is still young, and he has little playing time. Already after the 23/24 season, it will be possible to say something specific.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Would’ve been better for him to stay in Portugal for a few more seasons. Dunno how he’s gonna improve with limited game time.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would’ve been better for him to stay in Portugal for a few more seasons. Dunno how he’s gonna improve with limited game time.
He will get a lot of games in an UCL season in the smaller games, this season is his adjustment season and he has helped already.

There's not many players who would have come to be Ødegaard backups, and he is on quite small wages.

Ødegaard is one of the first names on the teamsheet, he plays as much as possible.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Has end product, the rest of his game looks underdeveloped though.

Looks pretty and flits around but doesn't do much of note.

I'd give him the season to settle in and see where we stand then. Really needs to bulk up a bit too.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He will get a lot of games in an UCL season in the smaller games, this season is his adjustment season and he has helped already.

There's not many players who would have come to be Ødegaard backups, and he is on quite small wages.

Ødegaard is one of the first names on the teamsheet, he plays as much as possible.
I just don’t think being back up is good for his career compared to playing regularly in Portugal. That’s a very good league some of the best players in the PL come out of there.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I just don’t think being back up is good for his career compared to playing regularly in Portugal. That’s a very good league some of the best players in the PL come out of there.
Yeah, I can understand that. But Arsenal needed an Ødegaard backup, and he wanted to join. He has surely learnt a lot under Arteta too, with better players around him in training.

Next season is his chance to show his skills after the adjustment. He will get more games then with UCL, Ødegaard needs more rest then because he plays all the tougher games in EPL and UCL games.

IrishGooner93

Have the feeling he'll level up next year, in a similar sense to several arsenal players did this year. Like already said needs to bulk up a bit but can see him being a more regular and effective player in next season.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Has end product, the rest of his game looks underdeveloped though.

Looks pretty and flits around but doesn't do much of note.

I'd give him the season to settle in and see where we stand then. Really needs to bulk up a bit too.

His end product is actually 0.72 goals or assists per game. Last season with more playing time it was 1.15. That's scary potential. Let's play him in some Europa games and off the bench and hopefully after a pre-season his all round game will be elevated and we'll have a top player on our hands. He's relatively very inexperienced because he only broke through into that Porto team just over 12 months ago.

quattro

what is the point of buying young players for the squad when the verdict on them is always "they should be somewhere else to develop because they need game time"? if this were the case, then maybe we shouldn't be looking for young talent at all, because the chance of them displacing an established first team player in half a season will always be unlikely.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The fact that he was kept on whole game vs City and Saka was subbed was Arteta sending a message he still believes in him

Buhry

Established Member

Think we need to feed this guy some steroids in the summer if he's gonna make it here, even in his Porto highlights videos he looks lightweight on the ball.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's a difficult situation because you don't improve unless you're playing, but we don't really have the luxury of being able to play him but are also in a position now where if Xhaka or Ødegaard go down he'll be straight in.

You could say it's the same situation as Lokonga and Tavares, maybe we're gonna have to review this policy of bringing in players of this age who'll just be squad players. Because now in hindsight people agree we should've loaned Lokonga much earlier, Tavares is enjoying his football much better and now with Vieira there could come a time where a decision might have to be made come summer about loaning him too. With that being said though Vieira is literally the immediate backup now and with a lot of games to come he'll definitely get game-time.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Going under the radar, but I thought he was very good when he came on. He hasn't built up enough trust with Arteta yet, but he released the ball very quickly and set the ball with first time passes early also.

It would have been interesting if he came on at 60 mins.
His first touch to pluck the ball out of the air when he was the last man told me that he is working hard and getting more confident

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Going under the radar, but I thought he was very good when he came on. He hasn't built up enough trust with Arteta yet, but he released the ball very quickly and set the ball with first time passes early also.

It would have been interesting if he came on at 60 mins.
I felt the same, surprisingly in a game you wouldn't expect him to get into it. Ode was so bad today that we wouldn't miss anything if he was subbed at HT

Mudi

Loan him to Spain or Portugal and hope we can recover 50% of what we paid.

Useless player and does not fit at all in our team!

Top Bottom