• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He should have shot when the space opened up for him rather than passing to Trossard. Only main negative really. Whole team was poor and off it.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
On the game, his worst performance of the season, the entire midfield really. Much of this has to do with how well Everton played, bit too many underhir/overhit passes that could have resulted in something. Need to learn from it and press on.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
On the game, his worst performance of the season, the entire midfield really. Much of this has to do with how well Everton played, bit too many underhir/overhit passes that could have resulted in something. Need to learn from it and press on.

Maybe. But that implies he was terrible. He wasn’t. 5/10 game from him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Partey's loss of form means Xhaka is really struggling, the midfield link is a little iffy right now.

It's a bit like when Santi got injured and Mes' formed dropped off big time.

We need Thomas playing well, or we fall apart really.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Him and partey simply didn't bring control in midfield yes we were dominate possession but adding nothing offensively.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Think teams have largely sussed out his change of position now and so it's exposing how he isn't actually totally suited to the role.

Upgrade potential in the summer
We always needed an upgrade. He simply isn't dynamic enough. We need to take this chance cause nothing is guaranteed. Next season we should be looking to win the champions league. Players like Xhaka, Nketiah, Martinelli have obvious flaws in their games that hold teams back. It can be what determines if you win the league or finish 3rd in the table.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We always needed an upgrade. He simply isn't dynamic enough. We need to take this chance cause nothing is guaranteed. Next season we should be looking to win the champions league. Players like Xhaka, Nketiah, Martinelli have obvious flaws in their games that hold teams back. It can be what determines if you win the league or finish 3rd in the table.
Nketiah’s upgrade is Jesus, but looking at the two transfers we attempted to try in the January window, Mudryk and Caicedo, the club clearly feel they need something more in those positions. They were world record fees so it’s obvious they were coming as starters.

RunTheTrap

Xhaka hasn't been as effective for a while. Seeing as you seem argumentative this is not me calling him bad
He was very effective against United tbh. Those third man runs gave United a headache all day. That was only last month. He’s been excellent for most of the season, but Xhaka sticks out when we’re playing against physical deep block teams (Newcastle and Everton).

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was very effective against United tbh. Those third man runs gave United a headache all day. That was only last month. He’s been excellent for most of the season, but Xhaka sticks out when we’re playing against physical deep block teams (Newcastle and Everton).

Like I said, he's just not be AS effective. Not that he has been bad. It's just first quarter of the season it felt like teams didn't know what to do with him.

We need to be thinking about replacing him anyway and I'm glad we are

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Like I said, he's just not be AS effective. Not that he has been bad. It's just first quarter of the season it felt like teams didn't know what to do with him.

We need to be thinking about replacing him anyway and I'm glad we are

We’re not replacing Xhaka we’re giving him a new contract, rightfully so. Our most important player.

I don’t get why people are giving Xhaka so much stick, he wasn’t that bad at all. Xhaka misplaced a pass that didn’t lead to anything and everyone was having a go at him in the match thread. Zinchenko misplaced a pass which Everton nearly scored from and nobody said a word…

Edit: He’s making less runs because of Jesus injury. Jesus would drop deep and offer more security than Nketiah. Xhaka is positioning himself to keep the ball when our forwards lose it so we don’t get countered. It’s another thing people fail to look at, his defensive duties.

RunTheTrap

We’re not replacing Xhaka we’re giving him a new contract, rightfully so. Our most important player.

I don’t get why people are giving Xhaka so much stick, he wasn’t that bad at all. Xhaka misplaced a pass that didn’t lead to anything and everyone was having a go at him in the match thread. Zinchenko misplaced a pass which Everton nearly scored from and nobody said a word…
There’s about 5 more important players than Xhaka. Ødegaard, Saka, Partey, Saliba, Jesus and Zinchenko are the players who MAKE the system. The rest do not.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

You have to stop this. He's definitely not. He's been really good mostly this season but we don't need to be delusional.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
There’s about 5 more important players than Xhaka. Ødegaard, Saka, Partey, Saliba, Jesus and Zinchenko are the players who MAKE the system. The rest do not.

They’re all important. Xhaka is the most important. You saw Arteta take off Partey rather than Xhaka today, it wasn’t a surprise to me. Xhaka is irreplaceable.

Legend14

Established Member
Whenever we lose, we start targeting shortcomings we already know about as the root cause. Xhaka and Partey will need serious competition. Arteta obviously sees this. For now we need to get back on track with what we have.

That said, I do think Xhaka has been below his early high level of play. Hopefully he can step back up because we need him to be excellent, not good, to win this. Same with the other players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What what?

Odeegard has been equally shut out like Xhaka today. Better look for the *upgrade* too.

Indeed, Ødegaard is slow, one footed and was shut out today as well, yet he's been one of our best players all season you don't get this constant yearning for more dynamism.

Other than age, I don't see what makes Xhaka a priority to be upgraded other than the people who have always angled for it waiting for a loss. For me you'd be looking at one of the forward positions and spending the bulk of your budget there first and foremost.

Geofranco

Edit: He’s making less runs because of Jesus injury. Jesus would drop deep and offer more security than Nketiah. Xhaka is positioning himself to keep the ball when our forwards lose it so we don’t get countered. It’s another thing people fail to look at, his defensive duties.
What a joke. Xhaka becoming a mainstay in midfield cumulated with Arsenal missing champions league football for the first time in decades. He literally needs Partey and Zinchenko to do most of the heavy lifting for him so he is not exposed consistently. He is basically an exotic Henderson.

Geofranco

Whenever we lose, we start targeting shortcomings we already know about as the root cause. Xhaka and Partey will need serious competition. Arteta obviously sees this. For now we need to get back on track with what we have.

That said, I do think Xhaka has been below his early high level of play. Hopefully he can step back up because we need him to be excellent, not good, to win this. Same with the other players.
Jesus getting injured is a big reason. It has affected Xhaka and Martinelli a lot. Jesus is the type of CF that makes everyone around him better because his game is so well rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom