• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Badger_Revenge

I've been watching Craig Burley in the US for nigh on a decade. He kind of pulls for Arsenal a bit, but that is the first time I've heard him talk like that about the gunners.

I can't agree more with him. When we think of Arsenal the end of last year, this squad is miles better. It's better than earlier in the year. Do people remember Leeds or Southampton away? Look at what has happened since.

And I personally have made the comparisons to Leicester in my head. Arsenal beat Leicester twice the year the blues won the PL, but we weren't good enough elsewhere to take advantage.

This year, I don't see where this team falls down. What part of it crumbles? Nothing has looked vulnerable. Everybody has expectations based on past years, but this is a different squad and a different manager. The whole organization feels different.

I guess the only possible situation is if Nketiah goes down (Martin is insane to compare him to Kane though). Even then, there are potential options given the current squad makeup.
Interesting…

bergholt

I've been watching Craig Burley in the US for nigh on a decade. He kind of pulls for Arsenal a bit, but that is the first time I've heard him talk like that about the gunners.

I can't agree more with him. When we think of Arsenal the end of last year, this squad is miles better. It's better than earlier in the year. Do people remember Leeds or Southampton away? Look at what has happened since.

And I personally have made the comparisons to Leicester in my head. Arsenal beat Leicester twice the year the blues won the PL, but we weren't good enough elsewhere to take advantage.

This year, I don't see where this team falls down. What part of it crumbles? Nothing has looked vulnerable. Everybody has expectations based on past years, but this is a different squad and a different manager. The whole organization feels different.

I guess the only possible situation is if Nketiah goes down (Martin is insane to compare him to Kane though). Even then, there are potential options given the current squad makeup.

I mean the obvious problem is that if Partey or Ødegaard are unavailable long-term then we don't have replacements. Jorginho might solve some of that, fingers crossed, but it still seems like Partey is much better than him at 6.

Apart from that it feels like we can keep going but injuries are just an imponderable.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The man is washed now it's sad. But a lot of us remember Martin Tyler at his peak. I would still probably take Martin Tyler at his peak than Peter Drury. Tbf it helped that Martin had Andy Gray alongside while Drury has dross like Jim Beglin and Lee Dixon. There is a game that Arsenal played at Highbury against Villa and we won 3-2 from 2-0 down. Maybe @Riou can find it. Tyler's commentary on our 2nd goal when Vieira wins the ball on the wing and plays an almost blind cross into the box for Henry is absolute poetry and what peak commentary sounds like.

EDIT: Found the game but this one unfortunately does not have Tyler's commentary

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The man is washed now it's sad. But a lot of us remember Martin Tyler at his peak. I would still probably take Martin Tyler at his peak than Peter Drury. Tbf it helped that Martin had Andy Gray alongside while Drury has dross like Jim Beglin and Lee Dixon. There is a game that Arsenal played at Highbury against Villa and we won 3-2 from 2-0 down. Maybe @Riou can find it. Tyler's commentary on our 2nd goal when Vieira wins the ball on the wing and plays an almost blind cross into the box for Henry is absolute poetry and what peak commentary sounds like.

EDIT: Found the game but this one unfortunately does not have Tyler's commentary

For season review DVDs back then, Tyler recorded different commentary, so footage of the original is hard to find sadly.

If you look up the Premiership Years 01-02 on Sky, it's on there...but can't find it on YouTube.

Here's the winner with the OG commentary, as Gray and him were the best at their peak...

...look at that beautiful 144p quality vid too, perfect days :drool:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
For season review DVDs back then, Tyler recorded different commentary, so footage of the original is hard to find sadly.

If you look up the Premiership Years 01-02 on Sky, it's on there...but can't find it on YouTube.

Here's the winner with the OG commentary, as Gray and him were the best at their peak...

...look at that beautiful 144p quality vid too, perfect days :drool:
Brilliant find. The equalizer is even better because of how well he anticipates danger despite Vieira winning the ball in a non-threatening part of the pitch. Then his change in pitch when the cross is played for Henry and then he goes "Thierry Henry the right man at the right place" before Henry has even put the ball in the net. It's beautiful. This makes his current decline even sadder.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All mere apprentices to the great Brian Moore.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Guy has the audacity to speak after he literally went into hiding in Dubai for the NLD :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Look at how they’re celebrating 🤣🤣🤣 the only thing it shows is Arsenal are backkkk

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Guy has the audacity to speak after he literally went into hiding in Dubai for the NLD :lol:

So two people at Talksport are tweeting each other and Talksport proceeds to make an article out of it? Making clickbait out of this is genuinely embarrassing.

Who even cares what Jamie O'Hara thinks, he's stealing a living. People should stop giving attention to his irrelevant opinions

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yeah, they will definitely underestimate us before next season start. Chelsea and United will splash the cash for a new shiny toy that will surely cover the cracks, Liverpool will be bigged again as they're the media darlings on a notion that they can't be that bad again, can't they? Tottenham will re-hire Poch which will surely revive them and Newcastle will bring some plumbers for 50M each and get a lot of attention. And that will be a narrative of clueless and biased pundits like Carragher to focus on other teams and discard what we've done this season and how much room we have to grow next season with only a few solid additions. Because Leicester also did it, so it's going to be the same as it was with them. Blah blah blah.

But I like it. We will fly under the radar which is always good and then actual season will start and everybody will be surprised again.

Yeah the Leicester comparisons have to be one of the most braindead takes I've seen from pundits in a while.

There's almost no similarities whatsoever other than we're a bit better than people thought we'd be.

Top Bottom