• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This could be a killer for City - its obvious some of the high profile players aren't happy at City at the moment. I have a feeling that Pep was going to initiate a squad rebuild in the summer, and hence, spend a **** load. He might have to keep a bunch of disillusioned players going forward.

MartiSaka

I thought that was directly from the PL. Was mentioned in all the news reports, not that they’re 100% trustworthy of course but there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
I thought there might be informal channels and noise where a massive club such as City might become aware of what the PL is up to (maybe not intricate detail). But I don't really know, you could be right.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I thought there might be informal channels and noise where a massive club such as City might become aware of what the PL is up to. But I don't really know, you could be right.

Yeah it’s weird. City obviously knew they were being investigated for the last however many years because they were being asked for documents and whatever. I think it’s just the final conclusion they weren’t sure of and when exactly the charges would be made.

In any case I don’t see any reason why the hierarchy would have divulged any of this with the players at any point. No upside.

MartiSaka

Yeah it’s weird. City obviously knew they were being investigated for the last however many years because they were being asked for documents and whatever. I think it’s just the final conclusion they weren’t sure of and when exactly the charges would be made.

In any case I don’t see any reason why the hierarchy would have divulged any of this with the players at any point. No upside.
They could have got a tip off charges were coming soon... The players would not know, but Pep maybe? Maybe not. He has behaved off since the WC, but that could be just because of player issues. Wenger would definitely have known at Arsenal, who had a different situation I know.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Looking at their forum. They all seem to believe they been fiddling, but their issue is everyone does it and the American led teams have it in for them

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Man City reported profits during covid when football was being played behind closed doors and every single other club including Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, PSG, Arsenal, etc reported massive losses.. I mean how is that possible ?

World Cup Fifa GIF by Storyful

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
The point deduction would be more likely this season than next season imo. Penalising them next season would hurt EPL viewership more. Doing it now is not too bad as half has been played and they're second anyway.

I don't mind though, I'd feel safer if there were 25 points between us.

MaraDon

The PL aren't stupid if they boot City, City will join forces with Juve, Milan, Inter, Real and Barce in a super league and it will rival the PL and maybe supercede it
This is my fear... they will probably get a spank and some point deduction, maybe a 6-month ban, but there is no way they will get relegated or expelled. They are just too big of a powerhouse in the country now, too little to late.

It is still beautiful to see and solidifies the magnitude of Wenger´s legacy. We can spend because of his tenure.
We have the stadium, the training facility, the foundations, the fanbase, and the ownership to be the biggest club in England again.

sub_sub

So glad that City may finally be exposed for that they are, a corrupt sport washing club, and whatever the outcome their reputation will be tarnished forever more. It’s just a shame it has taken Premier League this long to take action, feels very negligent and doesn’t reflect well on their governance.

MaraDon

do you remember when they asked Pep if he is taking unofficial payments from city?

would they ask that from any other manager in PL?

That one from BlueMoon is funny.

Aguero basically confirmed in a stream that apart from his "legal" salary, he was getting what he called "UAE construction assets" on the side.

************, you are owned by ****ing UAE, the most fraudulent, sketchy, financially corrupt state in the GULF.
Of course, your finances are going to raise eyebrows, you went from having Sun Jihai as your regular LB to piling up 3 elite players for the same position in a matter of 3 years. You build a world-class stadium that was never full and an elite training facility, all while claiming profit and spending around 150 million pounds each window.

Just shut up and take it with the honor that you lacked during the past 10 years.

shame on you.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom